Rick Stein

bartender100

I have been watching the series on the BBC, he really captures Thai food,Plus Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia

Its available on iplayer, but you might need to change IP's to view if your in Thailand at the moment

Cheers for the heads up. I always get homesick while watching his shows, they're just so traditional and the settings always bring back great memories.

Regards Bojo

I have been watching the series on the BBC, he really captures Thai food,Plus Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia

Its available on iplayer, but you might need to change IP's to view if your in Thailand at the moment

Cheers for the heads up. I always get homesick while watching his shows, they're just so traditional and the settings always bring back great memories.

Regards Bojo

Just watched the first one. Rick Stein ... great cook, fantastic restaurant (well, 10 or 12 years ago, the last time I was there), pretty bloody good TV presenter ... shame he started in on the politics without having a clue, kinda spoiled it. French colonials returning (no mention of the tax breaks), Angkor Wat (''the key to the region's financial security'', yeah, right, like any of the money stays in Cambiodia), etc., etc.

Oh well, looking forward to the Thai episode ...

Regards Bojo

Just watched the first one. Rick Stein ... great cook, fantastic restaurant (well, 10 or 12 years ago, the last time I was there), pretty bloody good TV presenter ... shame he started in on the politics without having a clue, kinda spoiled it. French colonials returning (no mention of the tax breaks), Angkor Wat (''the key to the region's financial security'', yeah, right, like any of the money stays in Cambiodia), etc., etc.

Oh well, looking forward to the Thai episode ...

Hi

Have seen the Thai episode of Rick Steins Oriental Odyssey and can highly recommend, none of the stupid gimmicks of other chefs shows.

You can always download via UKnova torrent site!

TBWG :)

I watched it on You-tube - very good.

I also watched the Supersizers (not Thai related) but interesting about British history and cuisine over the centuries. Very funny - the 70's one was hilarious.

Edited by Patsycat

The one thing I noticed on the programmes in Thailand was the food being made for Rick was Farang Thai food and not what the locals eat, some things were missed out , for example - MSG, Nam Palah , not the salty fish sauce , the other one , fermented fish normally found in buckets in the markets , used in Som Tam, soft shell crab also not added . Anyone else notice any ingredients missing ?