Australian Jailed For Life In Thailand

george

Serves him right,

1. take the decision to trade in Heroin, involved in selling death, misery, and extensive additional crime from users needing money

2. take the decision to do it from Thailand, a country who has death penalty unless you confess, horrible prisons and extremely long sentences

3. Face the fact of you idiotic selfish decision, rot and die in jail.

Well done moron

What's the crime? And why is it criminal?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Listen to you all, sitting their in your nice comfy chairs in front of your up to date computers - rubbing your little hands with glee (especially the newbies, who we probably won't hear from again).

Have you ever, ever been so down on your luck that you would do anything for a quick buck? Even if your life is on the line for it? I bet you haven't? All little mollycoddled babies!!

And you, Mr I hope he gets AIDS, you are a sicko.

Good enough for him i say, the death sentence is to easy, the life sentence is the one and i hope

he suffers every minute of it

Why Baldy? As compared to higher crimes that we're trained to dismiss.....goes unchallenged and unquestioned.

It amazes me that with all the life sentences handed out, fully covered by the media, that fools in full knowledge of the conditions in Thai prisons still take a chance with their futures when most have the safety net of a welfare system back home. I wonder if the success rate is so high that most mules make it through and they consider it a safe bet. Junkies numbed beyond repair, I can understand, but the rest. Madness beyond belief.

Regards Bojo

The vast majority must get through or the business wouldn't be profitable. I recently saw a British documentary about cocaine smugglers sending European mules from Colombia to Europe. The journalists believed that 90% or more were getting through. Various authors have suggested that the system in Thailand and other corrupt third world countries involves the operators giving away about 5-10% of their mules to the police along with cash payments. The cops just have to pick up the "blown" mules and their kickbacks and look good without disturbing the business. Without tip offs it is hard to catch the mules. The customs and police in Australia, Europe and the US are trying their best with a much lower level of corruption and they still can't catch many of them without getting draconian and checking a high proportion of travellers at random. Several of those who have done time in Thaland for drug smugging reported that they were charged with smuggling a significantly smaller amount of the drug than they actually had on them. Of course, none of them complain about this. That leaves a lot of heroin unaccounted for that the cops presumably sell back to the original owners or on the open market. All are scum - the dealers and the bent cops who are part of the distribution network.

Thai authorities have issued an arrest warrant for the 34-year-old Australian who was with Hood at the time he was arrested, but who escaped.

-- abc.net.au 2009-08-05

Escaped? How does someone who has checked in for a flight at an international airport escape from the police? :D

It's called a Bribe. :)

I think every prisoner in a Thai jail should be released. The Police are the biggest gangsters in Thailand have no moral authority to be throwing people in the slammer.

They have a good teacher but we're not allowed to discuss that :)

Don't do drugs in Thailand. Never ceases to amaze me how stupid the Human Race can be.

It's disappointing that someone hauling smack out of the Kingdom gets life, but farang murderers here often get a only few years and serial pedophiles are frequently released so the police can extort them again and again.

You find it disappointing that a person trying to smuggle 3 kilo of Heroin receives a life sentence...what the hel_l are you thinking !!! Heroin kills people,destroys lives,causes thousands of violent crimes and in case you haven't heard is illegal globally...maybe a 200 baht fine would have suited you better...fools are everywhere.

All this reminds me on Warren Fellows. He did 12y? before he was 'released'. But his story happened almost 25y ago

Yeah and wrote a good book after he was released; very graphic. Don't know if it would help but maybe get adolescents to read in school. I read it, never glorifies the crime but talks about the consequences. Lost a good footballer over that, half back for the Newtown Jets.

But then again, when you are that hungry for cash or dope, I don't think you really care. The 12 yrs sounded a lifetime!

Hey webfact, I remember when they got busted; Hayward a great footballer, I just couldn't believe it.

life probably doesn't mean life. he will probably get 15 years and then get released and then be at the age where he can easily get a pretty young thai girlfriend pretending to love him not for his passport. not too bad a deal then.

I'm afraid that you are terribly misinformed. Even if he was released after 15 years which I doubt will happen, he would then be immediately deported and black-listed.

It's disappointing that someone hauling smack out of the Kingdom gets life, but farang murderers here often get a only few years and serial pedophiles are frequently released so the police can extort them again and again.

You find it disappointing that a person trying to smuggle 3 kilo of Heroin receives a life sentence...what the hel_l are you thinking !!! Heroin kills people,destroys lives,causes thousands of violent crimes and in case you haven't heard is illegal globally...maybe a 200 baht fine would have suited you better...fools are everywhere.

You clearly need to work on your reading comprehension and composition skills.

Remedial lessons in manners might also be to your benefit.

Sum num nar,

He deserves all he gets, and for those who feel sorry for his daughter, do you not think she will grow up better off without a drug runner for a father who could well be a smack head himself.

The little girl may just now have a chance at a normal decent upbringing as long as she can get over the stigma of her idiotic father.

No matter how hard things get i would never risk drug running its a dam_n right stupid thing to do especially in Thailand.

It amazes me that with all the life sentences handed out, fully covered by the media, that fools in full knowledge of the conditions in Thai prisons still take a chance with their futures when most have the safety net of a welfare system back home. I wonder if the success rate is so high that most mules make it through and they consider it a safe bet. Junkies numbed beyond repair, I can understand, but the rest. Madness beyond belief.

Regards Bojo

Bojo, only around 12-15% of the runners are caught.

But, what I would like to know is where and from whom he obtained the "parcels"

And where and to whom he had to deliver.

I have a feeling that not much was done to try to find the source or the destination.

I would imagine that any names he had, would have been blurted out immediately under the slightest pressure by the authorities in the hope of a lighter sentance. I suppose getting life is lighter than death depending on how you look at it. What method are they using for the death sentence these days?

How do you know only 12-15% are caught by the way?!

Regards Bojo

In the old day's the convicted was sitting on a chair behind a screen, and he was shot by several rounds of an machine gun, I think nowadays its by lethal injection.

what a waste, he is just 37 has a life ahead of him still! I don't believe he will spend life I think it will be at least 25 years and he may get transported to Australian prison..then eventually he may be lucky to get the kings pardon.

MAYBE IF HE WERE A SHE

BILL CLINTON WOULD RIDE TO THE RESCUE

Hahahahahha. Very timely!!

Wonder what he got under the table?   :D

Hey girls try on these blue dresses see how they look.  :)

Ms. Clinton is going to be steamed, now he beings them home two at a time.   :D

Get that man a job and keep him out of trouble.  :D

Really its great that he could do that, maybe just the Photo ops where are the little guy wanted.  :D

life probably doesn't mean life. he will probably get 15 years and then get released and then be at the age where he can easily get a pretty young thai girlfriend pretending to love him not for his passport. not too bad a deal then.

He may even be luckier that that. If His Majesty manages to celebrate his 84th (seventh cycle) birthday, there will be huge celebrations and a huge Royal Amnesty. I don't know how they select the beneficiaries of those amnesties, but I do know that convicted drug dealers have in the past. They may have removed that category of criminal from the list, but they usually look for ways to amnesty farangs and get them out of the country. Hmm. Two years? No, they usually aren't that compassionate. Anyway, if your estimate is right (and I agree it's likely) it sure is a lot better than death. As bad as Bang Kwang is, farangs there have it better than the Thais. :)

Seventh Cycle. Seven is a Thai lucky number...

Hooray for the guy who escaped the clutches of these Thai cop maniacs with their idiotic war on drugs.

----------------

We're Losing the Drug War Because Prohibition Never Works

By Hodding Carter III.

Pretty well said. This is the point that so many people (worldwide) continue to overlook entirely. It should more often be treated as a social problem, not strictly a criminal one. Barbaric mentality of an overly-androgynous society.

Also because of the fact that a prisoner cost the covernment 33 THB. each day.

Edited by luvU2much500THB

What about all the VICTIMS from the sale of drugs? The poor kids hooked on drugs sold by greedy pushers? The fact that most heroin sold in Asia is grown by terrorists like the Taliban who use the proceeds in the name of God to buy more AK-47s to give out their own DEATH sentences. We seem to forget that many people suffer at the hands of smugglers and dealers. I say give him death and not feel sorry just because he is a dumbasssss fellow farang. Their are so many reasons that drug dealers should all be put to death. Drug cartels kill for any reason or for no reason just to show their power. The answer is to eliminate them. One way is to take out the criminality.

I feel drugs should be legalized and then taxed. Let the morons pay us back for their bad habbits.

That eliminates the dealers getting rich...terrorists getting cash and morons trying to smuggle.

Theres the start of it. If somebody had given the "poor kids" the hiding of a lifetime first time they used it, they might have got off. All druggies are idiots who think it big to take drugs and treating them as victims isnt the answer. These idiots then go on to be the pushers as there is nothing whatsoever to stop them in the West. A nice social worker, free drugs from the lefty doctor, the lovely lawyer at 200 dollars per hour funded by the tax payer to help shift the blame. It's always somebody elses fault never these mindless "cool" kids.

Let the poor Afgan farmers grow what shit they like, why fight the drugs war over there when they could stop its use with draconain measures. They would stop growing it this year if there wern't so many dead heads in westernised nations wanting to use it.

Listen to you all, sitting their in your nice comfy chairs in front of your up to date computers - rubbing your little hands with glee (especially the newbies, who we probably won't hear from again).

Have you ever, ever been so down on your luck that you would do anything for a quick buck? Even if your life is on the line for it? I bet you haven't? All little mollycoddled babies!!

And you, Mr I hope he gets AIDS, you are a sicko.

He's a farrang <deleted>. How 'down on your luck' can he possibly be?

A death sentence possible for carrying heroin ?

That is madness compared to the sentences for other crimes

which take lives directly like murder and arson.

Except for selling to a minor, drugs should be legal with the personal consequences

of use the responsibility of the user just as it is for alcohol & tobacco.

But the politicians do not want to give up their gravy train;

arrests, prosecution, prisons, parole monitoring, and graft/payoffs.

Very discouraging thinking about how it is right now.

Hopefully, the future will be more enlightened.

TOTAL DROSS

He was carrying 3 KILO of heroin wrapped around his body and he must have knew what the penalties are for this serious offense.Stop trying to make pathetic excuses for a guy who was trying to sell the drugs and make 500,000 aus dollars.Nobody gives a flying fxxk about other offenses.we are tlaking about 3k of heroin whch any drug filled idiot will know how serious this will be.

What about all the VICTIMS from the sale of drugs? The poor kids hooked on drugs sold by greedy pushers? The fact that most heroin sold in Asia is grown by terrorists like the Taliban who use the proceeds in the name of God to buy more AK-47s to give out their own DEATH sentences. We seem to forget that many people suffer at the hands of smugglers and dealers. I say give him death and not feel sorry just because he is a dumbasssss fellow farang. Their are so many reasons that drug dealers should all be put to death. Drug cartels kill for any reason or for no reason just to show their power. The answer is to eliminate them. One way is to take out the criminality.

I feel drugs should be legalized and then taxed. Let the morons pay us back for their bad habbits.

That eliminates the dealers getting rich...terrorists getting cash and morons trying to smuggle.

Well said. Why the neck not not legalize it?

If i want weed, i´ll get it. I would pay tax rather the government than the dealer.

Imagine how much money this is! When i look around i hardly find somebody take no drugs, even its alcohol.

If i want harder stuff , i´ll get it. I simply visit my doctor.

Methadone,Subutex,Subuxone,DiaMorphine,Codein ... not need to get criminal!! No dealer!!

Not get the dealers get rich, take care your illness.

Edited by luvU2much500THB

A death sentence possible for carrying heroin ?

That is madness compared to the sentences for other crimes

which take lives directly like murder and arson.

Except for selling to a minor, drugs should be legal with the personal consequences

of use the responsibility of the user just as it is for alcohol & tobacco.

But the politicians do not want to give up their gravy train;

arrests, prosecution, prisons, parole monitoring, and graft/payoffs.

Very discouraging thinking about how it is right now.

Hopefully, the future will be more enlightened.

TOTAL DROSS

He was carrying 3 KILO of heroin wrapped around his body and he must have knew what the penalties are for this serious offense.Stop trying to make pathetic excuses for a guy who was trying to sell the drugs and make 500,000 aus dollars.Nobody gives a flying fxxk about other offenses.we are tlaking about 3k of heroin whch any drug filled idiot will know how serious this will be.

He knew it. He even said he`ll not fight that case.

Indeed there was nothing to fight anyway 3 Kilo is to heavy and the world is watchin`.

What i really don´t understand. Why he jumped around with that tattoos and small trousers at airport, feet also tattooed.

He was eben unshaved!!

He wanted to get caught is one of my theory.

Sorry for crappy english.