I Want To Buy A Condo In Chiang Mai - 2 Bedrooms

CrossBones

Try to look at Ang-Gate condo or SR condo, I saw they sell under 300,000 baht per unit, some they sell 2 units near that you can connect them and make 2 bedrooms in one unit. good luck

There is good reason they sell at that price. Not every ones ideal dream home.

Dont let everyone spoil your hunt for a condo they are out there at that price.

The negative comments you may get will be from realtors.

They get very angry if you do not leave your wallet open for them to do as they please.

Keep in mind a condo may not be a sound investment most deteriorate over time

and are not taken care of very well. There are exceptions.

In your home land you may think all real estate as an investment.

Here it is different.

Condos go from nothing on up. What your lifestyle will tolerate will dictate your spending.

A 6 million baht condo for some is the minimum requirement.

To me that would be a luxury condo even in my home country.

So the condos are there, no one will help you find it.

The few positive post I have seen indicate there is hope.

I went thru this process a year ago looking for a 1 bed under 1 million.

Real estate agents were of little to no help, and simply belittled me on this web site

and even accused me of being cheap. This is what you are experiencing

This is something you will need to tackle yourself.

Get on you motorbike and start riding check thai visa classified ,bahtsold.com

and varies banks krungsri.com has a property for sale on their web site

I did see 2 bedroom 2 bath units at the price you are looking for, all were

90% Thai occupied and run down.

Make sure this will work for you it may or may not.

Lots of condos for sale in Pattaya

Good luck.

Low income government housing available in projects with twenty or more 6-storey blocks (no lifts) sell for 300k Baht. Unit sizes around 30 Sq Meters.

Based on the above info, I'd think it unlikely to be able to get a private condo with the OP's required specs for 600k baht unless it's in a rundown building and/or undesirable location.

A note on property buying: It isn't true that foreigners are automatically fleeced. Many see foreigners as desired buyers because they are perceived to be more decisive and able to put cash on the table at short notice. Just do your homework and avoid letting one or two property agents lead you around by the nose.

I for one would be interested to know if the OP's found anything close to what he's looking for, along with pics.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I want to buy a 2 room condo in town. It doesnt have to be 2 bedrooms but, 2 rooms that a self contained. So you dont need to walk through one of the rooms (living room) to get to the bedroom. Also small kitchen and bathroom obviously. 2 bedrooms plus a living area would be great if I can afford that.

I definitely don't want a studio.

Where does one go to find condos for sale without paying Farang price. I am happy to pay and agent 5% or whatever as long as they are working on my behalf and not against me to push the price up with the owner/developers.

I have around 600,000. I was thinking about the area near Kat Sun Kaew / Chiang Rai Ram or NeimenHeimen (how do you spell that) but thats a bit pricey.

Since I like walking, and hate motorbikes I want someone within walking distance of shops, shopping centre etc. It would be nice to get to the night bazarre area on foot (30 mins walk or so). Security is also an issue, I want to stay somewhere that has secure parking and where people cant just randomly walk into the building without a keycard or something

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

wooow you want a lot for such a small amount!!!

\

Hi

Well ive been offered several studios for less than 300,000 in town. But it seems you cant get 2 room place for 600,000 seems strange. I can buy a house in Chiang Mai for 600,000+ - id have to go a little out of town to a moo barn

Dont let everyone spoil your hunt for a condo they are out there at that price.

The negative comments you may get will be from realtors.

They get very angry if you do not leave your wallet open for them to do as they please.

Keep in mind a condo may not be a sound investment most deteriorate over time

and are not taken care of very well. There are exceptions.

In your home land you may think all real estate as an investment.

Here it is different.

Condos go from nothing on up. What your lifestyle will tolerate will dictate your spending.

A 6 million baht condo for some is the minimum requirement.

To me that would be a luxury condo even in my home country.

So the condos are there, no one will help you find it.

The few positive post I have seen indicate there is hope.

I went thru this process a year ago looking for a 1 bed under 1 million.

Real estate agents were of little to no help, and simply belittled me on this web site

and even accused me of being cheap. This is what you are experiencing

This is something you will need to tackle yourself.

Get on you motorbike and start riding check thai visa classified ,bahtsold.com

and varies banks krungsri.com has a property for sale on their web site

I did see 2 bedroom 2 bath units at the price you are looking for, all were

90% Thai occupied and run down.

Make sure this will work for you it may or may not.

Lots of condos for sale in Pattaya

Good luck.

Yeah i realise that, there are many farangs who buy up things at thai price and sell them to foreigners at farang price.

They arent welcome here to run a business like that anyway.

It might work in Pattaya where Farangs are fresh off the boat but Farangs in CM have been around a bit too long for that - or at least I have.

Those are the same types of Farangs who spend B 1000,000 key money plus 15,000B per month with a 12 month contract for a bar that makes 500 baht a day profit (thats for 15 hours a day work) , and as soon as they take over they realise the only reason the bar made 500b a day profit was because the previous owners "friends" used to drink there!

There are MANY condos in Chiang Mai for around 300,000 - you can find new studios for that price in safe building with security AND parking.

Im not interested in living in a farang place anyway.

Please anyone point me in the right direction!! I am looking for something a little bigger than a studio but nothing fancy (obviously).

Edited by CrossBones

\

Hi

Well ive been offered several studios for less than 300,000 in town. But it seems you cant get 2 room place for 600,000 seems strange. I can buy a house in Chiang Mai for 600,000+ - id have to go a little out of town to a moo barn

Maybe a dog house for that money! :)

Edited by elektrified

Even a house is hard at <1mil, and condo's are more expensive, gawd-knows-why.

I personally plan to build a VERY basic weekend house for around 500K on land we already have, and that's a major challenge. It'd however be much nicer to live than some of the horrific offerings in dilapidated commercial devopments. (or, ex-developments, unfinished developments, 'developing' developments or whatever you'd call them. "Ruins" perhaps.)

\

Hi

Maybe a dog house for that money! :)

There are plenty of houses out in San Sai and the road out to Doi Saket, if you are patient you can find a 2 bed bungalow in a safe "middle class" thai Moo Barn for around 600,000. Not a dump by any means, not brand new - around 5-10 years old can find at this price for sure. You need to get a Thai friend to do the negotiating usually, or just ask around. These moo barns usually have security and you pay a little per month for the upkeep of the area, you might even find a place with shared swimming pool for this price too.

There are plenty of houses out in San Sai and the road out to Doi Saket, if you are patient you can find a 2 bed bungalow in a safe "middle class" thai Moo Barn for around 600,000. Not a dump by any means, not brand new - around 5-10 years old can find at this price for sure. You need to get a Thai friend to do the negotiating usually, or just ask around. These moo barns usually have security and you pay a little per month for the upkeep of the area, you might even find a place with shared swimming pool for this price too.

My g/f has 70 talang-wah with a partially built home on it (just the walls and the roof) in a very undesirable area in Saraphi and it is worth far more than 600,000 Baht so I doubt there are homes in Sansai for that price. Sorry, I don't want to get into a back and forth with you. I wish you the best of luck in finding your dream house for that price. Oh and farangs can only own condos in Thailand by the way.