Pojaman's Brother Cries Foul For Not Being Selected As Acting Police Chief

webfact

Pojaman's brother cries foul for not being selected as acting police chief

Deputy Police Commissioner-General Priewphan Damapong, an elder brother of Khunying Pojaman na Pomphet, cried foul Thursday after he was not appointed as acting national police chief.

Priewphan said he should have been made acting police chief instead of Pol Gen Wichien Pojphosri, an advisor to the Royal Thai Police, because he is the senior most officers after Police Commissioner-General Pol Gen Patcharawat Wongsuwan.

Priewphan said he had just learnt about the appointment of Wichien as the acting police chief.

"How could this happen? I really don't understand. I feel very uneasy that a non-senior person becomes acting police chief. I am the senior most officer and used to be acting police chief on behalf of Patcharawat for 22 times," Priewphan said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/07/08

Just a wild bit of speculating, but what are the chances that he himself was promoted ahead of other as qualified/more qualified individuals during the Thaksin era?

You don't here a peep out of these people when the system is working for them do you!

Edited by rixalex

HAHA stitched up by his own brother .... What an outrage!

Thailand would be far better off without any police IMEO.

Where do you get the idea he was stitched up by his own brother?

He is the brother of Khunying Pojaman, Taksins ex(?) wife.

The new acting police chief was appointed by the Prime Minister so if anyone did the 'stitching' it's Khun Abhisit.

Thaksin appointed him above his station at the time.

Shock! Horror! Amazement! :)

So once his name allowed him to step over others; and now his name is allowing others to step over him.

How's that medicine tasting? It's your very own my friend!

<snip>

"How could this happen? I really don't understand. I feel very uneasy that a non-senior person becomes acting police chief. I am the senior most officer and used to be acting police chief on behalf of Patcharawat for 22 times," Priewphan said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/07/08

That says it all. It clearly shows the a general problem with Thai politics. Common folks and politicians belief is "the more senior the better someone must be".

young bad - old good!

One reason why never the young blood got a real chance! Sorry for being a little off-topic but look at the acting PM. Not accepted by the "old guard"

Edited by webfact

<snip>

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/07/08

That says it all. It clearly shows the a general problem with Thai politics. Common folks and politicians belief is "the more senior the better someone must be".

young bad - old good!

One reason why never the young blood got a real chance! Sorry for being a little off-topic but look at the acting PM. Not accepted by the "old guard"

Its not "the more senior the better someone must be" its the bigger the uniform the more you must respect that uniform.

One reason why never the young blood got a real chance! Sorry for being a little off-topic but look at the acting PM. Not accepted by the "old guard". Are you real with this comment. Abhisit has been groomed for this job by the 'old guard'

Now back on topic. Every politician, senior police officer and army general, in this country has absolutely non of the skills or experience required to hold their post. They buy their way in with money or family ties because these are the jobs with the best pay back.

What is more important is that the nationality of these post holders is not pure thai. You work out their nationality! And in your answer is the reason for every problem that Thailand cant or wont cure. Its just pure f---ing greed

Seniority as a selection process does have some merit in that stability is often assured and on occasion the candidate awaiting his turn does manifest an experience and judgement worthy of his position. Frankly, given the state of most other countries in the world that purportedly operate on the principle of meritocracy I shouldn't think for one moment that it really matters who is notionally in a position of power.

It's the system that counts and in Thailand that is essentially medieval. Mind you, this Damapong chappie must be really thick if he thought he would be selected for the post given his relationship to Abhisit's public enemy No1.

Pojaman's brother cries foul for not selected as acting police chief

Deputy Police Commissioner-General Priewphan Damapong, an elder brother of Khunying Pojaman na Pomphet, cried foul Thursday after he was not appointed as acting national police chief.

Priewphan said he should have been made acting police chief instead of Pol Gen Wichien Pojphosri, an advisor to the Royal Thai Police, because he is the senior most officers after Police Commissioner-General Pol Gen Patcharawat Wongsuwan.

Priewphan said he had just learnt about the appointment of Wichien as the acting police chief.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/07/08

Great Move PM :D time to clean up dodge :)

<snip>

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/07/08

young bad - old good!

Its not "the more senior the better someone must be" its the bigger the uniform the more you must respect that uniform.

One reason why never the young blood got a real chance! Sorry for being a little off-topic but look at the acting PM. Not accepted by the "old guard". Are you real with this comment. Abhisit has been groomed for this job by the 'old guard'

Now back on topic. Every politician, senior police officer and army general, in this country has absolutely non of the skills or experience required to hold their post. They buy their way in with money or family ties because these are the jobs with the best pay back.

What is more important is that the nationality of these post holders is not pure thai. You work out their nationality! And in your answer is the reason for every problem that Thailand cant or wont cure. Its just pure f---ing greed

Do you realy hate the Sino/Thai that much? or is there some hidden racism or jalousy in your comment. You walk a dangerous path my friend because even ...... has Chinese blood.

<snip>

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/07/08

young bad - old good!

What is more important is that the nationality of these post holders is not pure Thai. You work out their nationality! And in your answer is the reason for every problem that Thailand cant or wont cure. Its just pure f---ing greed

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is not a question of race, colour or whatever.

Edited by hansnl

Police Commission reaffirms reshuffle list of 152 generals

BANGKOK: -- The Police Commission Friday reaffirmed the reshuffle list of 152 police generals, the police spokesman said.

Pol Lt-Gen Watcharapol Prasarnratchakij, the police spokesman, said the commission held a meeting, chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban, and reaffirmed the list of 152 transfers.

The commission earlier approved the list on July 3.

The commission also reaffirmed the new structure of the Royal Thai Police and voted to have a directive to effect the new structure announced in the Royal Gazette on August 15 and take effect on the following day.

The commission resolved to have the reshuffle list submitted for a royal command after the new police structure takes effect.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-08-07

:):D:D ....... :D

The loss of face is more worse than anything else. :)

Pojaman's brother cries foul for not selected as acting police chief

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/07/08

Great Move PM :D time to clean up dodge :)

Exactly, this wingnut never had a chance in hel_l of getting the job.

It is simple, he was outbid for the job.

Most people know that each senior police position in Thailand is bought by the individual, for example, the top position at Pattaya cost 9 million baht to secure, and each year the bidding takes place for each position.

So if it costs 9 million for Pattaya, imagine how much tea money in that area must be collected just so the top boy gets his money back.

Imagine what the Acting Police Chief position costs.

And all these payments are from accrued tea money collections.

I am not disputing you seadoo but access to the info or question??? (9 million) you put out on this subject... could put you in a position of receiving substantial reward. The system of reward may vary depending on those involved and their mind set/flavor of the day.

Most people know that each senior police position in Thailand is bought by the individual, for example, the top position at Pattaya cost 9 million baht to secure, and each year the bidding takes place for each position.

So if it costs 9 million for Pattaya, imagine how much tea money in that area must be collected just so the top boy gets his money back.

Even worse if you paid already, and the receiver is out of the country and unreachable other than through twitter.

while I'd normally agree with you, there was no way a democrat government was going to let a thaksin crony into that position for all the tea in China. Remember that the reason there is a vacancy at the top is becase the investiagtion into the attempted assasination on Sondhi (PAD) has gone no-where.

• 1 month later...

Priewphan's indignation about being passed over is comical, given that there must have been similar feelings from officers that he leapfrogged over when Thaksin promoted him over several levels from an obscure position and an undistinguished record.

The latest round of negotiations is worrying since Abhisit pulled the decision, even though he had won the vote. It seems to indicate that the blue shirt group, including Abhisit's own deputy PM and secretary general, threatened to cut up rough on various issues that could bring down the government, if he went ahead and used the vote.

None of the candidates look particularly wholesome anyway and the investigation into the Sondhi assassination is still going nowhere, even though the former police chief has been conveniently pushed aside by the NACC.

Seniority as a selection process does have some merit in that stability is often assured and on occasion the candidate awaiting his turn does manifest an experience and judgement worthy of his position. Frankly, given the state of most other countries in the world that purportedly operate on the principle of meritocracy I shouldn't think for one moment that it really matters who is notionally in a position of power.

It's the system that counts and in Thailand that is essentially medieval. Mind you, this Damapong chappie must be really thick if he thought he would be selected for the post given his relationship to Abhisit's public enemy No1.

Damapong and dam a few others of his ilk, the guy is realistic, knowing he hadn't a snowball's chance so it's clear to anyone that he's simply trying to raise holy hel_l to provide more ammunition to the reds and their sense of being aggrieved. He's trying to further discredit Abhisit and inserting divisions between Abhisit and certain of Abhisit's own ranking party leaders. It's basically more of the strategy of trying to inflict death by a thousand cuts. And while Thaksin in his madness is certain he's accomplished something in all of this, few Thais miss the point that Thaksin continues to try to wreak havoc against their beloved country and its institutions.