Need A Driver Update Free Download

Smile4u

Found many outdated drivers in my laptop.

Tried many software who advertise free download - well they are not.

At last drivermax is free, but overloaded as they say. So only got 1 download in 1 week.

Other program that is 100% free, and download drivers relatively fast?

Search the laptop model and you may find blogs with down loadable software drivers. All the makers have web sites with downloads.

That was the first I did, support.acer-euro was very outdated. Drivers listen there is older what I already have.

Blogs also tried, mostly outdated, year 2006-7.

You never mentioned your OS. Lets assuming its XP/or Vista. You run a driver scan with one of these

free utilities (which are not free in the long run) to check for outdated drivers?

At the end you were presented with a list of outdated drivers.

Have you ever tried to update with device manger? There's a tab which says "update driver"

Click on it and you will know it is outdated or not.

If an update is needed for some hardware brand you will find the very updated version on their web site!!

I would check with Acer Taiwan or Acer US in case you really need to update something.

You never mentioned your OS. Lets assuming its XP/or Vista. You run a driver scan with one of these

free utilities (which are not free in the long run) to check for outdated drivers?

At the end you were presented with a list of outdated drivers.

Have you ever tried to update with device manger? There's a tab which says "update driver"

Click on it and you will know it is outdated or not.

If an update is needed for some hardware brand you will find the very updated version on their web site!!

I would check with Acer Taiwan or Acer US in case you really need to update something.

I appreciate your help. OS is Vista.

Device manager "update driver" used last week, only managed to update 1 driver.

Multiple driver scanners reported 7 - seven similar drivers outdated (or more).

Device manager said Nvidia was up to date.

Nvidia com reported 1 outdated and downloading now.

Will follow your advice about Acer's other locations. Thank you. :)

Myself used the same for years 'Driver Detective'

it scans your system and tells you what is out of date, + for your system, you can download the new driver Free by clicking the link next to the out of date driver

I use EVEREST to find what the computers hardware is, and to find out more information.

Trial download can be found here, http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?ps=UE&...g=en&page=1

Then I use these sites to find some drivers.

http://downloads.cnet.com

or

http://softpedia.com

You need to be careful with some of these easy driver downloading programs, your better off just tracking the driver down with these websites, the manufacture website and google. My advice from http://itready.co.th

Edited by MarleyMark

Tried many software who advertise free download - well they are not.

At last drivermax is free, but overloaded as they say. So only got 1 download in 1 week.

Other program that is 100% free, and download drivers relatively fast?

Look on the website of the manufacturer of your laptop.

Mostly the drivers are under download per model.

Look on the website of the manufacturer of your laptop.

Mostly the drivers are under download per model.

In addition to laptop manufacturer web site you can usually find driver updates at manufacturer site for particular IC. For instance the sound, wi-fi, video, LAN, etc all usually post drivers on their site.

My personal attitude with finding that my machines have "outdated" drivers is, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Are you attempting to update the drivers just because there is a newer version of them? Or are you updating the drivers because you're experiencing problems with BSODs, system hangs, etc?

If all is running well with your laptop and it is stable, my advice would be to leave it alone.

More than 10 visits to service center in less than 1 year, all problem driver related. Thats the reason.

In addition; blue screen - white screen - hang - freeze - unable to online, you name it...........

I wish all was running well, my warranty ends next month.

All those 'driver updates' might be the root casue of all ya problems - it does tend to be a M$ mantra - because

of all the Tuesday, etc patches. Leave well enough alone if it works. By the sound of it, y'all have a bunch of

different, bad problems - I would do a fresh install & leave it alone, once ya harden the system.

BR>Jack

More than 10 visits to service center in less than 1 year, all problem driver related. Thats the reason.

In addition; blue screen - white screen - hang - freeze - unable to online, you name it...........

I wish all was running well, my warranty ends next month.

Good reason to do a back up and create a Restore Point before updating any drivers

Driver problem was there 11 months b e f o r e I myself try update drivers. Before.

I didn't do anything until last week after last visit to servicecenter. They say my brand is famous for driver problem and overheating.

Clean install tried twice before, still same problems.

Back up and restore point maked frequently.

My OP was about free download programs - please back to topic.

My OP was about free download programs - please back to topic.

No, it wasn't actually

Found many outdated drivers in my laptop

''Drivers'' are NOT ''free download programs''.

As a couple of posters have hinted at, whatever notebook you have, chances are you can get updated drivers from either the notebook vendor or the OEM of the device you think you need updated drivers for. If you can't find them, why not tell us what you've got and someone who can use TFSE may be able to help you ...

Edited by MarkBKK

Quote from Post 1:

"Other program that is 100% free, and download drivers relatively fast?"

"Who is freeware?" is even in heading!

THAT was my Questions?

Since a few seems to derail from this topic's Q u e s t i o n: :)

Edited by Smile4u