50,000 Baht Per Month And Still Not Satisfied....

Zodiac

In the latest edition of Pattaya Today there is a story about a Japanese visitor to Pattaya being robbed in his hotel room by his Thai g/f, despite him previously sending her up to 50,000 baht per month for about a year.

Presumably there are stupid foreigners who send even more than this amount to Thais!?

I know this is a well worn subject but I nevertheless ask:

What possess people to send so much money to Thais here, when everyone ought to know it is generally a scam?

Edited by Zodiac

In the latest edition of Pattaya Today there is a story about a Japanese visitor to Pattaya being robbed in his hotel room by his Thai g/f, despite him previously sending her up to 50,000 baht per month for about a year.

Presumably there are stupid foreigners who send even more than this amount to Thais!?

What possess people to send so much money to Thais here, when everyone ought to know it is generally a scam?

What strikes me is that you are asking the wrong question.

The guy is worth a lot of money and doesnt mind supporting a TGF. All I guess he asks is that he treats her well the 2 months or so he is in thailand.

What is odd to me is why a girl who has a good thing going - Bt50,000 a month for a token appearance - would want to wreck the whole deal by ripping him off. Bt50,000 a month puts her in the top 10% of earners and she doesnt probably have to do much.

He can obviously get a new chick at that price, she will be very lucky to get a new sponsor.

That Japanese guy is not the only fool in town, they are many, many, many more other old, lonely farangs fools in Pattaya throwing their money away thinking with "she loves me", "I'm different" "she's different" attitudes.

Like the old farang saying goes, "there are fool born every minute and most of them are in Pattaya". And the song goes, "looking for love at all the wrong places......................".

Things like this happens all the time in Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, etc, etc,etc., especially to newbies and who lack experience in relationships.

Best to educate and help other farangs who lack knowledge, although that can be a challenge at times, since some don't want to listen.

Edited by Gary74

That Japanese guy is not the only fool in town, they are many, many, many more other old, lonely farangs fools in Pattaya throwing their money away thinking with "she loves me", "I'm different" "she's different" .....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Indeed if you think "she loves me" or "she is different" you are on the wrong way, but if you are realistic and conscious and money is not the major concern to you, you can have a very nice "old day".

The guy is worth a lot of money and doesnt mind supporting a TGF. All I guess he asks is that he treats her well the 2 months or so he is in thailand.

What is odd to me is why a girl who has a good thing going - Bt50,000 a month for a token appearance - would want to wreck the whole deal by ripping him off. Bt50,000 a month puts her in the top 10% of earners and she doesnt probably have to do much.

He can obviously get a new chick at that price, she will be very lucky to get a new sponsor.

"Life is tough...but even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

The idea of money coming to you every month does not seem to register a note with Thai women.

Friend of mine asked a girl what she preferred, every month 15,000 baht for 5 years or 100,000 baht now and nothing more.

She took the 100,000!

What I have now is mine, tomorrow I could be dead

Agree with LuckyLucas, there is no idea of "consequence" in the Thai mentality and you see it every day in Thailand. From the motorbike drivers who don't wear their crash helmets "because no police about" (never mind serious injury or death); throwing trash, water and food scraps under their shacks and wondering why they get infested with rats and mosquitoes, right up to the Finance minister who decreed that foreign firms wanting to invest here would have to put 30% into a Thai bank as a type of "bond/security" only to have billions of baht wiped off the value of the stockmarket.

The corruption at the highest level is another manifestation of it. The live for today and bugger the consequences mentality really holds this country back

What is odd to me is why a girl who has a good thing going - Bt50,000 a month for a token appearance - would want to wreck the whole deal by ripping him off.

I think it was Stickman who said this about Thai girls:

"Cunning as a fox, but with the strategy of a goldfish."

what's the thai word for greedy???

the frog and the scorpion story springs to mind :)

The Thai word for greedy is something like "ta-kra ta-kram". The girl probably had debts and was looking no further than today. The stupid thing here is that the guy was already paying for her sick buffalo and would probably have handed over more if she had just spun him a story.

She'll probably have another sponsor within a month and he's 50k a month better off, and wiser too. A good result all round! :D

Bt50,000 a month puts her in the top 10% of earners and she doesnt probably have to do much.

How did you arrive at your figure? I would really like to see some official stats on what the girls earn in Pattaya.

^ tropo. Your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to verify the actual monthly income of the female populace, working in Pattaya. Your remit covers government staff and law enforcement as well the employees of banks, car dealerships, gas stations, supermarkets, gold shops, real-estate, market workers, pharmacies, convenience stores, restaurants, coffee shops, internet cafes, beauty salons, street vendors and those engaged in all sectors of the hospitality industry.

Good luck tropo!

My bet is gambling debts, hers or her b/fs. (like GaryA said, should read b4 post)!

Edited by ace

The idea of money coming to you every month does not seem to register a note with Thai women.

Friend of mine asked a girl what she preferred, every month 15,000 baht for 5 years or 100,000 baht now and nothing more.

She took the 100,000!

What I have now is mine, tomorrow I could be dead

Or: What I have now is mine, tomorrow he could be gone :)

Edited by robert10

That Japanese guy is not the only fool in town, they are many, many, many more other old, lonely farangs fools in Pattaya throwing their money away thinking with "she loves me", "I'm different" "she's different" attitudes.

Like the old farang saying goes, "there are fool born every minute and most of them are in Pattaya". And the song goes, "looking for love at all the wrong places......................".

Things like this happens all the time in Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, etc, etc,etc., especially to newbies and who lack experience in relationships.

Best to educate and help other farangs who lack knowledge, although that can be a challenge at times, since some don't want to listen.

What give you the right to judge of how other people spend their money and if the people getting it deserve it?

:)

TH

Here is a story for you lads...

See if anyone can top this one for stupidity, both mine and hers.

I had been giving my ex-wife of 6 years money every month in support of my two kids via the MiL.

I had been giving her 100k per month (via MiL).

And I gave her the three houses (4mill, 6 mill and 15 mill +/-) that is I didn't contest them in the divorce.

I wanted my kids to live a good life, want for nothing, go to the good schools, live in nice house etc etc.

She has two houses rented out at 35k/mnth each (total 70k/mnth).

But this was not enough for her, she wanted 200k/mnth and a new Benz.

I told her to get f..ked for about 6 months and then she started the death threats towards me.

Still get f..ked. With explainations that if she keeps this up I will cut her off.

Then the death threats towards the kids started.

Upon inspection I find she doesn't even live with the kids, but some single room sh1thole with her boyfriend in Sriracha. Her parents and my kids want nothing to do with her. The money I had been sending her Mother was being hijacked by one of her friends who changed her name to the same as my Mother in Law's name.

She had hocked the houses to the local loan shark for 800k, paying 19k per month interest alone.

Before we split up I quit my extremely well paid (oil and gas) job in Russia to come home and mend the marriage, but it was too late, she was hooked on Ice and spreading her legs.

To sum it up, instead of getting the help I offered in the way of rehab, marriage repair etc she traded (read emptied) our joint bank account and traded all future earnings for about 18 months of fun.

Now she has sweet f. all.

No houses, no car, I no longer give a cent, any money my kids need I pay direct to the source ie the school or to my Brother in Law who is Scottish and he takes care of their needs.

Last I heard she was on the way to HK to sell what she thinks is her best asset, that diseased thing between her legs.

(mind you, I like a drink so I doubt I was a walk in the park, But I was on a 6+2 rotation so she didn't have to put up with me much, and I never hit her or treated her poorly, my only vice was I liked to play golf on saturdays when I was home)

Anyway, I now live in Indo. I have rebuilt my bank account. I have a fantastic wife, we are expecting a kid in the next month.

There is no joint bank account. There is no family payments, there are no sick buffaloes.

I spent about 15 mill Rupiah (1k5USD) and bought the wife a small shop and what she earns there is all hers (nothing monthly from me) to what she likes with. She uses the money to pay for herself to attend Business College and has bought a 50% share in a food store. Her next target is a Mom and Pop type shop.

The contrast between the two woman are amazing. And life has never been better. May I just add, I offered all this to the ex-wife monthly over 6 years. Business, Shophouse for parents to start business, Go back to school to better herself, but the answer was always, I am Hi-So now, I dont need to work.

Good Riddance to bad rubbish :):D