Tot Announces New 8 And 12mb High Speed Internet Packages.

Rimmer

Pattaya, August 8 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : On Saturday at the Amari Resort and Tower in North Pattaya, the TOT Telecommunications Company held a press conference to announce two new high speed internet packages. Professor Tirawoot, Chairman of the TOT Public Company Committee led the press conference with Khun Itipon, the Mayor of Pattaya. It was announced that with increasing usage of sites such as You Tube, customers are asking for higher speed internet packages. For this reason TOT are launching an 8mb and 12mb Broadband connection. Although the upload speeds will not exceed 512kbps, the better download speeds will drastically improve their internet experience. The cost of the packages is 1,000 Baht per month for the 8mb package and 1,500 Baht per month for the 12mb connection. Set-up is free and a standard modem is also free or you can purchase a wireless router and modem for 1,500 Baht. Also, for new customers in Pattaya and Sattahip who register before 30th September, you will also get 10 hours per day free usage of their wireless network. For more information please contact the TOT Call Center on 1100 or visit the TOT Center located at the Central Pattaya Intersection with Pattaya Third Road.

Source:

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/august...8_08_52_4.shtml

Went to the TOT office to enquire about the new 3Mb service they were advertising. (I currently have 2Mb). They told me that only certain areas could have it and my line had been tested and could not be upgraded. I asked them to retest the line but they refused, My modem has a built in line tester and it tells me the line is capable of giving 17Mb ADSL.

TOT just don't want to offer a better service when they are already getting your money!

Chris

Interesting. I have TOT Pattaya Goldcyber 2MB at 1000/Baht a month. I'm on Pattaya 3 road, near the X-Zyte nightclub. That's very close to TOT! As I'm reading this posting here is my speedtest result:

Last Result:

Download Speed: 401 kbps (50.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 222 kbps (27.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 636 ms

Sunday, August 09, 2009 7:45:43 AM

Went to the TOT office to enquire about the new 3Mb service they were advertising. (I currently have 2Mb). They told me that only certain areas could have it and my line had been tested and could not be upgraded. I asked them to retest the line but they refused, My modem has a built in line tester and it tells me the line is capable of giving 17Mb ADSL.

TOT just don't want to offer a better service when they are already getting your money!

Chris

Simple answer:

Close your account and open a new one, or order a second account, and when that is connected, close the first one. :)

Chris

Maybe the number of complaints about oversubcribing/overconnecting was getting so much that TOT.TRUE, CAT, TT&T, & all are getting a little more careful.

Interesting. I have TOT Pattaya Goldcyber 2MB at 1000/Baht a month. I'm on Pattaya 3 road, near the X-Zyte nightclub. That's very close to TOT! As I'm reading this posting here is my speedtest result:

Last Result:

Sunday, August 09, 2009 7:45:43 AM

Same problem in Khon Kaen between 15:00 and 22:00

Yes, indeed, when the schools empty.

All other times maximum as advertised, and sometimes much more.

However, I now pay 399 baht for the same package.

Started the package for 999 baht, then went down to 799-599-499 and now 399 baht.

Go to TOT and renew your package for the lower price.

There are a lot of promotions at the moment.

Hi,

but you did not say with which server you made your test ??

If it's one in Europe, it seems quiet normal.

If it's Bangkok, you have a problem...

Hi,

but you did not say with which server you made your test ??

If it's one in Europe, it seems quiet normal.

If it's Bangkok, you have a problem...

Test done with the TV speed test. That miserable result seems to have been a freak.

http://speedtest.thaivisa.com/

Last Result:

Download Speed: 1464 kbps (183 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 170 kbps (21.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 612 ms

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:31:37 PM

I went to TOT this morning.

Talked to a very friendly and good-looking young woman.

1/ I'm stuck with the original 2MB. Impossible to upgrade in my area (Pattaya 3 road). Not even to 3MB.

2/ This 8 and 12MB seems to be so much hype.

3/ Instead of the monthly 1,000/month I'm paying now I could cancel present contract and opt for the promotional 490/month with a 12-month contract. Reverting to normal fare after that.

3/ Instead of the monthly 1,000/month I'm paying now I could cancel present contract and opt for the promotional 490/month with a 12-month contract. Reverting to normal fare after that.

Why it should revert to normal fare after 12 months?You need to sign the 12 month contract because they try to keep their customers from running to the competitors.

Why it should revert to normal fare after 12 months?You need to sign the 12 month contract because they try to keep their customers from running to the competitors.

The promotion discounted fee applies only for a 12-month billing cycle contract. Normal fares would apply or be re-applied to anything shorter than one year.

Get the contract, in English, from TOT!

TOT Promotional Terms & conditions

6. When the contract period is due, the users will be served with the same speed level ... together with normal rates or special rates according to TOT announcements.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some advice. I have TT&T ADSL, paying 790 baht/mnth on theoretically a 5mb download. I haven't a clue as to the actual speed, but it can't be more than 2mb. The service is pretty steady(no down time) but I want to watch video clips that won't start and stop and freeze, which is what I'm currently getting. TT&T's next level, is 10mb at 1490 baht, while TOT's is 8mb at 1,000baht and 12mb at 1500baht. I don't have a contract with TT&T(I ignored it when they sent it, so I pay month to month). 1. If I switch to TOT, will the 12mb give me enough mb to cut down on the cuts? Should I sign up for the 8mb and see if it helps enough and if not, to upgrade?

I need some advice. I have TT&T ADSL, paying 790 baht/mnth on theoretically a 5mb download. I haven't a clue as to the actual speed, but it can't be more than 2mb. The service is pretty steady(no down time) but I want to watch video clips that won't start and stop and freeze, which is what I'm currently getting. TT&T's next level, is 10mb at 1490 baht, while TOT's is 8mb at 1,000baht and 12mb at 1500baht. I don't have a contract with TT&T(I ignored it when they sent it, so I pay month to month). 1. If I switch to TOT, will the 12mb give me enough mb to cut down on the cuts? Should I sign up for the 8mb and see if it helps enough and if not, to upgrade?

TT&T Premier 2 Mbps will provide a better speed for intl sites than any 10 Mbps offer!

I have a Premier 4 Mbps and I am very satisfied! But even teh 2 Mbps Premier is fully sufficient imho

• 3 weeks later...

i live in Pai, Mae Hong Sorn. 3Mbit/sec connection.

speed test results at speedtest.net today :

Nuremberg Germany down 0.02Mbit up 0.07MBit ping 636ms

Scottsdale USA down 0.03Mbit up 0.03.MBit ping 1277ms

Okinawa Japan 0.01Mbit up 0.04MBit ping 1522ms

Bangkok Thailand down 2.73MBit up 0.44Mbit ping 45ms

connection speed for servers outside Thailand rarely tops 200Kbit.

we had 2Mbit package before, and due to the low speed the technicians recommended to switch to 3Mbit for 590THB. no change. two years now. average speed for websites and servers outside Thailand is 40 to 200Kbit.

all this is accompanied by timeouts, dropouts, and packet loss up to 20% (no joke).

more than 24 users on a single line with TOT, bottleneck gateway and backbone in Bangkok. since all the others like CAt and TT&T and whoever use this gateway it makes no difference who you go for. and switching to a "higher" package won't do the job either.

i guess the Maxnet users in CM and BKK and Pattaya are happy.

1100 callcenter is useless. no info, all they can do is send a report. the supervisor admitted that TOT instructs them to block uncomfortable customers and their requests. email addresses like [email protected] or [email protected] (public relations) seem to be black holes, out of 211 email sent NONE were replied to in two years.

grrr, getting angry typing this.

later more...