Anything I Should Bring To Thailand?

HalfSquat

I had trouble finding flipflops, T-shirts and condoms that were big enough. (And that's not a brag by stealth, I mean normal condoms). I'm not particularly big: 183 cm, 85 kg.

If your talking size for fitting a condom, your hung like a bull elephant ! :)

Most posters could benefit from access to a decent dictionary, to learn how to spell. :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will find everything here

Just bring ATM cards, preferably wear a couple in conspicuous view on a heavy flashy gold chain round your neck and you will have the experience of a life time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will enjoy your time lovely people lovely place, ignore all the negatives you hear

good luck

Al

I'm coming to Bangkok soon and staying for a good few months maybe a couple of years.

Is there anything I should bring with me I can't get over there?

I guess most things can be purchased in Bangkok - they have Tesco don't they?

I'm bringing lots of t-shirts and shorts and some trainers and shoes so that should be ok.

I hear protein powder is hard to come buy but not sure if I want to bring that through customs!

Thanks.

Bring in Thaksin, it should be the best thing ever. You can't find Thaksin in Thailand. Yes, Bangkok has got a number of Malls, you can almost get anything you can see in England in Thailand. The good ones are like Central Mall, Robinson and Central World (I'm not sure if it's owned or have anything related to Central Mall.

I used to pack the suitcase with thousands of Tea bags and cartons of Bisto gravy. Very, very sad indeed.

The wife now makes her own gravy which is delicious from local ingredients and I drink locally grown 'Green Tea' . With Milk & sugar ofcourse :)

Only thing I can't seem to get here are decent quality loose fitting Cotton Shirts that fit and last more than a few weeks, and trousers; the Casual comfy travelling type stuff. I'm sure its available in bangkok though if you know where to look.

Shaving Cream !? .. 4 quid !? ...... whats wrong with Soap, any soap.

Well I can't live without my Tetley teabags so I still bring them and also loads of Chedder cheese which is too expensive here. I agree the wife can make gravy here from local ingredients but it still isn't quite the same so I still bring granules. Oh; and a few cuppasoups are useful too and much cheaper than here.

I seem to find that the sweatshirts I buy at Chiang Mai Night Bazaar are not too bad and last a couple of years but can't find decent casual slacks here so always bring new from UK. Socks the same as I find they are all made for feet smaller than mine here. I think if you go back once a year or more then it's easy to buy clothes of better quality in England much cheaper than here.

At the end of the day it's all down to the individual and everyone finds their own satisfactions as they settle in LOS.

First time here... he came with his girlfriend.

She is the one with a job so he can be like a Thai man and live off her and have his cake too when shes at work

:)

When in Rome...haha, I don't think she'd be too pleased with that!

So for in my limited travels I have been unable to find Hellman's Mayonnaise and Heinz Baked Beans.

Tesco have HP sauce if anyone is looking for it.

What are those eggs on skewers they sell on the street?

kai lek quails eggs def my fave street treat.

enjoy

Are there baby quails in them? They don't look too appetising to me.

Steak slice, my wife loves steak slice from the local delicatessant. she can't find the same in Thailand.

And Second-hand Sony Plastation are expensive in Thailand around 4000-5000 Baht (80-90 GBP). I picked one up in UK for 30 GBP with 19 top titles, like new, its for my wifes nephews, take it over in the hand luggage.

Edited by ArranP

gravy granules turn into a sticky blob with the heat

salad cream can be bought in tesco car 4 and hp sauce

a good thing to bring is sage and onion mix local home brand is good take out box a few ounces

ideal to mix with local pork mince from car 4 and bread crumbs nice patties

syd barrett

h p brown sauce is on promotion @ 105 baht in big c today .... in rimping it was 115 baht last week

got mine , the eggs , bacon , small sausages and cheese for breakfast sandwiches tomorrow ... mmmmmm : )

dave2

One thing I miss from home when I am in Thailand is American style coffee. Sure they have coffee there in Thailand, but it is not like coffee from home. I packed some of my coffee and a mini brewer. :)

Oh.... A GOOD ink pen. Yeah they have pens in Thailand but I could not find the type I like but I was lucky enough to have packed extra :D

OK, I'll bite. What exact kind of USA coffee do you bring? They have Starbucks here and they use the same beans everywhere in the world.

Foldgers Hazelnut. 8'oclock Hazelnut Cream is good too.

They make the coffee too thick and heavy in Thailand. We drink it weaker here for the most part. :)

Starbucks? Never been in one....... :D

Foldgers Hazelnut. 8'oclock Hazelnut Cream is good too.

Good god!

You really need to try Starbucks. Then again, maybe you wouldn't appreciate it if you think coffee should taste like artificial hazelnut flavor.

But seriously, if you ever want to know what real coffee tastes like? Try Starbucks Ethiopia Sidamo, or Kenya, or Komodo Dragon - all excellent coffees. Grind them yourself just before brewing. Heavenly!

Why bring clothes and shoes from the UK? They are cheap and plentiful in Thailand. You will spend most of your time wearing flip-flops too.

Trainers are liable to make your feet rot with sweat in the 32+ Deg C heat.

Foodstuffs are available at more of a premium if you want 'Farang' type food.

I have taken more stuff back to the UK that I brought over initially.

Sort your favourite music onto some DVDs and think more about travelling light :)

The things I have failed to find and have thus brought back with me to Thailand are un-fitted top bed sheets and a bicycle pump (of the simple tubular type that clips onto the bike).

Otherwise, no problems!

Andrew

One thing I miss from home when I am in Thailand is American style coffee. Sure they have coffee there in Thailand, but it is not like coffee from home. I packed some of my coffee and a mini brewer. :)

Oh.... A GOOD ink pen. Yeah they have pens in Thailand but I could not find the type I like but I was lucky enough to have packed extra :D

I bring pack 20 Bic pens every year & you got to watch em like a hawk. anybody that uses it tries to act like they don't know they are snabbing your pen. The Thai pens are like sand paper tips.

syd barrett

h p brown sauce is on promotion @ 105 baht in big c today .... in rimping it was 115 baht last week

got mine , the eggs , bacon , small sausages and cheese for breakfast sandwiches tomorrow ... mmmmmm : )

dave2

Thanks for the heads-up on brown HP sauce. It is essential for my sausage sandwiches.

Bring rubber jonnies,and more rubber jonnies.

Tip for ya,go to your local family planning clinic or you local sexual transmitted diesease clinic and tell them were your of to,and they will give you

them in BULK and they are for FREE,well here in the uk they are.Will save youself some money at the airport. :)