Best Sunday Roast In Bangkok

Geekfreaklover

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not had one for some time now, although from memory bullies is quite good.

The Londoner doe's quite a good carvery as well. all you can eat.

If you want just a no frills Sunday Dinner, the Bulls Head takes some beating on price, however if you are like me and like to pig out on starters, bread , salads, soups, full roast (with variety of meats) sweets, cheese and biscuits and to finish off with a coffee, gotta go with the Londoner, 470 baht if memory serves me right

The Londoner do a very good one in my opinion. As with any dinner the gravy / sauce is very important. I'm happy to say it's a proper gravy at the Londoner, not just some rehydrated 'bisto' granules.

You can also have it delivered via chefsxp.com.

stickman advertises molly malone's around patpong area

Molley cant even make a good burger. How can they do Sunday well then?

I don't trust stickman.

Only good buffets are expenive. The Hunter's pub in the Landmark is reasonabe

at 600 baht for Sunday buffet.

I've not had one for some time now, although from memory bullies is quite good.

The Londoner doe's quite a good carvery as well. all you can eat.

If you want just a no frills Sunday Dinner, the Bulls Head takes some beating on price, however if you are like me and like to pig out on starters, bread , salads, soups, full roast (with variety of meats) sweets, cheese and biscuits and to finish off with a coffee, gotta go with the Londoner, 470 baht if memory serves me right

How about some info on exact location of these places , are they close to BTS? findung these sort of bars and restaurants in BKK is nevery easy.

Molly Malone's on Soi Convent Silom has a really good Sunday Roast Buffet from 12-7pm. this is Sala Daeng BTS, follow the signs to the BNH Hospital and you will walk right to the pub.

Roast Beef Topside

Roast Lamb

Roast Pork & Crackling

Honey Roast Ham

all veggies and condiments

pluse small salad bar

homemade soup

really good gravy

a choice of desserts

all for 349 baht

oh yeah and a glass of house wine.

its a great deal, the meat is very good and the veggies are good.

they are always busy as well I would say the best time to go would be between 2-5pm.

By far the best Sunday Roast is the Huntsman Pub (downstairs Landmark Hotel) they do a full buffet/carvery and i mean everything! think its only 650bt eat as much as you like, I have tried most of the places in BKK and this is the best!!!

2nd place would have to go to the Black Swan at Asoke BTS

Edited by beekaykay

stickman advertises molly malone's around patpong area

My many experiences in molly malone's is that their sunday roasts are hard and dry. :)

However, best price among the sunday carvery buffets; and even includes a glass of wine...

U mean a glass of vinegar lol

By far the best Sunday Roast is the Huntsman Pub (downstairs Landmark Hotel) they do a full buffet/carvery and i mean everything! think its only 650bt eat as much as you like, I have tried most of the places in BKK and this is the best!!!

And of course drinks are buy one get one free.

They also do a roast on a Saturday which is substantially cheaper.

If you are regular visitor to The Landmark it maybe worth purchasing one of their Club Landmark cards, they cost 5,000 Baht but for that you get reduction 50% when 2-4 people are dinning, a smaller discount for 1 or more than 4, in any of their restaurants, they also throw in a night at the hotel, and free meal for 4 in the Atrium during your birthday month - that gets your money back, as well as other benefits, including discounts on drinks.

Only really worth considering if you will use regularly.

I almost walked into the Huntsman Sunday morning - (in my view their weelkly specials at 199 Bt are great - weds is a swordfish salad followed by a good steak with vegtabales) - All for the same price as a subway sandwich.

Anyway., I went to Bullies on Sunday. Lamb shank cooked to perfection, meet just dropped off from the bone with a yorkshire pudding (should be served with beef roast- but who cares the yorkie was good) and vegtables. Only thing missing was roast potatoes. It came with a salad starter and an apple pie afterwards. I recomend it.

I think I'll give the Londerner a go next week.

Cheers.

GFL.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

And of course drinks are buy one get one free.

They also do a roast on a Saturday which is substantially cheaper.

If you are regular visitor to The Landmark it maybe worth purchasing one of their Club Landmark cards, they cost 5,000 Baht but for that you get reduction 50% when 2-4 people are dinning, a smaller discount for 1 or more than 4, in any of their restaurants, they also throw in a night at the hotel, and free meal for 4 in the Atrium during your birthday month - that gets your money back, as well as other benefits, including discounts on drinks.

Only really worth considering if you will use regularly.

I'm a bit of a member card addict, what discount do they offer on drinks only? And what happens when they already have the 2 for 1 deal, any further discount?

I'm a bit of a member card addict, what discount do they offer on drinks only? And what happens when they already have the 2 for 1 deal, any further discount?

They offer 15% on drinks only, not sure what the their rules are about a further discount on their 2 for 1 deals, normally I have got it but a couple of time I didn't, we had got such a good discount with the food I didn't notice at the time - though I should have done.

It's certainly saved us a wedge of money, but I have always been a regular anyway.

http://www.landmarkbangkok.com/club.html

They offer 15% on drinks only, not sure what the their rules are about a further discount on their 2 for 1 deals, normally I have got it but a couple of time I didn't, we had got such a good discount with the food I didn't notice at the time - though I should have done.

It's certainly saved us a wedge of money, but I have always been a regular anyway.

http://www.landmarkbangkok.com/club.html

Cheers

I almost walked into the Huntsman Sunday morning - (in my view their weelkly specials at 199 Bt are great - weds is a swordfish salad followed by a good steak with vegtabales) - All for the same price as a subway sandwich.

Anyway., I went to Bullies on Sunday. Lamb shank cooked to perfection, meet just dropped off from the bone with a yorkshire pudding (should be served with beef roast- but who cares the yorkie was good) and vegtables. Only thing missing was roast potatoes. It came with a salad starter and an apple pie afterwards. I recomend it.

Cheers.

GFL.

Dont waste ya money in the Londoner its only mediocre (been there many times over the yrs).

If you dont want to try the Huntsman go to the Black Swan at Asoke BTS.

Getting back to the Huntsman and their discount cards ask Steve (the English Manager at the Huntsman) to give you a FREE 10% off discount card (if the offer is still going which I assume it is) bargain!!

Slightly off topic but well worth a mention, try the basket of chips at the Huntsman with the chesse garlic dip gotta be the best chips in Bangkok, also worth a try are the Nachos awesome!!

Edited by beekaykay

Cheers.

GFL.

Dont waste ya money in the Londoner its only mediocre (been there many times over the yrs).

Getting back to the Huntsman and their discount cards ask Steve (the English Manager at the Huntsman) to give you a FREE 10% off discount card (if the offer is still going which I assume it is) bargain!!

Slightly off topic but well worth a mention, try the basket of chips at the Huntsman with the chesse garlic dip gotta be the best chips in Bangkok, also worth a try are the Nachos awesome!!

How about some exact location on these places, "Bullies" etc

Cheers.

GFL.

How about some exact location on these places, "Bullies" etc

Link to map for Bullys Pub:

http://www.bestbarbangkok.com/Bully_s_Pub.html

----------------------

The Black Swan

Cosy little British-style pub with its own fire place. Wood-panelled walls, great pub grub and wide range of imported beers. It oozes authenticity, right down to the pub sign above the door.

Open: 9:00 - 01:00

Location: 326/8-9 Sukhumvit Road, under Asoke skytrain station

Skytrain: Asoke

------------------

The Londoner

Located in the basement of the UBC1 Building on the corner of Sukhumvit 33, The Londoner is styled on a British pub. Fair menu and the usual local beers available plus their own 'in house' brewed beer. Happy hours daily from 16:00 - 19:00 and 23:00 - 01:00. Also features satellite TV and big screen for the important sporting events.

Open: 11:00 - 01:00

Skytrain: Phrom Pong

-----------------

The Bull's Head

A favourite with tourists and expats alike, the 'Bull's Head' offers a genuine taste of Britain right in the heart of Bangkok. Famous for its Sunday lunch, its menu has a solid range of British food alongside a good selection of Thai dishes.

Open: 11:30 - 01:00

Skytrain: Phrom Pong

----------------

Huntsman Pub

Good resident bands plays favourites and when the band isn't playing, the central bar makes a good meeting point. Menu largely good pub grub.

Open: 11:30 - 02:00. Music from 21:00

Location: Landmark Hotel basement, between Sukhumvit Soi 4 & 6

Skytrain: Nana

----------------

Beekaykay I always eat in the Black Swan when in Bangkok as it's closer but I would agree with your opinion

Molly Malones does a very good Sunday roast buffet, and it's got to be the best deal in BKK, including all-you-can-eat roast beef, pork, lamb and ham, assorted potatoes and veggies, gravies, salads and includes a glass of wine to start, choice of desert to finish along with your choice of coffee or tea... all for 349 baht... I've had it many times and keep coming back. Sometimes in the past, the roast beef has been a bit dry, but that's not common or a big deal, as everything else is great.

post-53787-1249988631_thumb.jpg

Bully's food is fine, but to the best of my knowledge, they don't do an every weekend buffet. They just do dinners of roast this or roast that...one plate meals usually for 450 to 550 baht...

I've eaten at the Huntsman Pub in the basement of the Landmark Hotel many times, and the food is OK. I've never yet tried their weekend roast buffet, but it's on my list to do so. But it had better be VERY good, because the Sunday version at 650 baht is almost twice the price of Molly Malones. I know the Huntsman includes deserts, but I don't know if their price includes coffee/tea and glass of wine, as does MMs...

post-53787-1249988923_thumb.jpg

Here's the web site info for the Sunday buffet at The Londoner... priced at 470 baht....

post-53787-1249988945_thumb.jpg

And lastly, here's a 495 baht offering from Tenderloins on Suk Soi 33... Haven't tried it yet either... But their other food there is generally pretty good.

post-53787-1249989009_thumb.jpg

PS - The house wine at MM's is just fine, contrary to what someone mentioned above. And they continue to offer their pitchers of sangria at about 180 baht per jug, which is great with which to wash down their buffet.

Re the Huntsman Pub at the Landmark Hotel, to the best of my knowledge, their buy 1, get 1 free drink special only runs from 3 pm to 9 pm daily...

I believe their Saturday and Sunday buffets start earlier....and probably finish before 9 pm as well.... So the two deals overlap some, but not entirely...

post-53787-1249989604_thumb.jpg

Re the Huntsman Pub at the Landmark Hotel, to the best of my knowledge, their buy 1, get 1 free drink special only runs from 3 pm to 9 pm daily...

I believe their Saturday and Sunday buffets start earlier....and probably finish before 9 pm as well.... So the two deals overlap some, but not entirely...

Certainly on a Sunday the Happy Hour drinks special start earlier to coincide with the buffet with the buffet only being for lunch, I don't know if it's the same on Saturday.

The buffet itself is enormous, apparantly bigger on Sunday, but to answer your other question, doesn't include a glass of wine or coffee, it only works for me because of my discount card.

The only downside with The Huntsman is that they have an illegal smoking section on the lower level, and smoke rises.

Git... thanks for the update on that re the Huntsman.... I'm a serious non-smoker, so I really try to avoid eating/drinking places where I can't be at least mostly smoke-free...

But now I'm a bit confused.... The Huntsman Pub is in the basement of the Landmark Hotel. And you're talking about an illegal smoking section on the lower level....

Where do they serve their buffet??? Down in the basement inside or in the lobby area outside the Huntsman? Or upstairs on the ground level Terrace area (which looks out onto Suk Road)???

One of the things I don't like about the Landmark is they're always fiddling with and changing their specials, so I'm never quite sure whether something I've heard about and want to try is still going to be valid by the time I get there.

For example, I just read their monthly Spotlight Magazine on the hotel's web site, where they list their various eating and drinking promotions for the hotel. Now for August, they're only talking about a happy hour with buy one, get one Chang Beers, and the hour extended until 10 or 11 pm to coincide with the return of Premier League Football...

There was absolutely no mention in their mag about the ongoing 1-for-1 drink special from 3 to 9 pm... So I can't tell from their info whether the Chang deal will be in addition to that, or whether the Chang deal is replacing the broader 1-for-1 happy hour. I'm not a big Chang fan, so I hope that's not their only happy hour now.

In case anyone from the hotel is reading here, your communication/public relations activities are terrible... and I say that as a former government agency public relations department director. You're really doing a disservice to your customers in the muddled way you communicate...at least in the English versions of things....

PS Git... if you're using a 10% off discount card at the Huntsman buffet.... taking 10% off 650 gets you down a bit under 600, but then whatever drinks (which aren't included) certainly bring you back up well above 650 for your total bill. I guess the 10% helps, but it hardly makes their buffet much more affordable. I may like their buffet, but I'm sure I won't like shelling out 700 or 800 a person for the privilege. :)

Edited by jfchandler

Molly Malones offers the worst pub food ive ever tasted in my life and im from England where most pub food is absolutely dreadful, if Molly's were giving their food away i wouldnt eat it.

Ive had the Lamb at Bullies and it is good, but the veg is limited and the roast potatoes are them deep fried things.

I usually go to the Bulls Head for roasts its not great but it just about passes the test, and is reasonably priced.

There are some people here on TV who say a lot of bad things about the food at MMs... such as your "absolutely dreadful"...

I've eaten a lot of "dreadful" food at different places around the world... And a lot of the most dreadful I've eaten was in England... (along with some very good pub food there). But to give that description to MM's here in BKK surely is stretching the truth...

I've eaten many meals at MMs, and never had a bad one... And I have no ax to grind one way or the other on this... If I thought their food was bad, or if I ever had a bad meal there, I'd certainly say so. But in my experience, they do a consistently good job...

Maybe you have some other kind of agenda you're trying to pursue...about them...

2nd that (huntsman)but only if you like eating in a dungeon, who wants to eat underground with the stench of the night before s beer droppings. Great food though :)

JF

The Huntsman is indeed downstairs, it's bar where there was a Thai Visa do some months ago, I seem to recall meeting you there.

The smoking section is on the lower level, where we sat before, the buffet is placed outside the main door of the Huntsman.

My Landmark Card, see my earlier thread, gives my partner and I a 50% discount, so it's basically a buy one get one free, coupled with the same offer on drinks means I can get a seriously good lunch and a couple of pints with my SO having a couple of glasses of wine for about 1000, which is within my budget.