Thai A(H1N1) Resistant To Tamiflu – Malaysians Told To Stop Wanking

george

Thai A(H1N1) resistant to Tamiflu – Malaysians told to stop wanking

By John Le Fevre

(THAIVISA.COM): -- Thai authorities are urging calm after the first case of pandemic A(H1N1) found resistant to the front-line antiviral drug Tamiflu was found in a patient at Ramathibodi Hospital.

The discovery was made in a batch of 50 confirmed pandemic A(H1N1) samples being tested by the hospital laboratory.

The two cases will be discussed at a meeting of virologists and health authorities tomorrow, which will also review the national strategy for combatting the spread of the virus and the planned stockpiling of oseltamivir, the generic version of Tamiflu.

The meeting will also discuss treatment guidelines and whether Thailand should stockpile the alternative antiviral drug zanamivir.

Prof Dr Wasun Chantratita, chief of virology and molecular microbiology at Ramathibodi Hospital, said the Tamiflu resistant strain was found in a Thai who had since recovered from pandemic A(H1N1).

Health experts have previously cautioned that overuse, incorrect prescribing, or self medicating with oseltamivir may lead to drug resistance.

Dr. Wasun said 10,000 out of 15,000 samples sent for testing were positive for the pandemic A(H1N1) virus, leading us to assume that the majority of people with flu-like symptoms will have pandemic A(H1N1).

Meanwhile a doctor in Malaysia has said that avoiding masturbation and homosexual activities are among preventive measures people can take to reduce their chances of contracting the virus.

Dr. V. M. Palaniappan, an eminent practitioner of complimentary therapy, said that such activities caused the body to develop friction heat which in turn, produced acid and made the body hyperacidised.

Dr. Palaniappan told Bernama, the Malaysian national news agency, that masturbation and homosexual activity made “the body become an easy target for pandemic A(H1N1) infection,” however, the normal sexual union between members of the opposite sex was absolutely safe.

Dr Palaniappan, a former associate professor of ecology at Universiti Malaya, said his 33 years of research had shown that high acidity in the body resulted in loss of immunity, thus making people more susceptible to viral diseases such as pandemic A(H1N1).

The doctor said to prevent acidity, it was essential to consume alkaline food and drinks that could neutralise excess acid in the body.

He recommended people drink coconut water, which is alkaline, and therefore could be used as a herbal medicine for the prevention of pandemic A(H1N1), along with orange, lemon and pomelo which, despite containing citric acid, were very rich in potassium and therefore, would not disturb the body's immunity.

thaivisa-news.png

-- thaivisa.com 2009-08-09

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai A(H1N1) resistant to Tamiflu – Malaysians told to stop wanking

By John Le Fevre

(THAIVISA.COM): -- Thai authorities are urging calm after the first case of pandemic A(H1N1) found resistant to the front-line antiviral drug Tamiflu was found in a patient at Ramathibodi Hospital.

Meanwhile a doctor in Malaysia has said that avoiding masturbation and homosexual activities are among preventive measures people can take to reduce their chances of contracting the virus.

Dr. V. M. Palaniappan, an eminent practitioner of complimentary therapy, said that such activities caused the body to develop friction heat which in turn, produced acid and made the body hyperacidised.

Dr. Palaniappan told Bernama, the Malaysian national news agency, that masturbation and homosexual activity made "the body become an easy target for pandemic A(H1N1) infection," however, the normal sexual union between members of the opposite sex was absolutely safe.

OMG - I would hope they'd save this for the April 1 post, but no...

Who is this guy, why is he newsworthy, and just what agenda is he trying to promote?

Gawd...it's good to know that the 1600s are alive and well in Malaysia.

He would probably feel at home with that nutty Health Minister in South Africa who advised people to eat beetroot to cure AIDS!

I've long thought that most "alternative Medicine" advocates are simply charlatans, Dr. V. M. Palaniappan (an eminent practitioner of complimentary therapy) only goes to confirm my view.

Interestingly, how does homosexual activity create this "acidity", whilst heterosexual activity doesn't? Can anybody explain that?

Edited by catmac

He must have graduated from the same school as the SA clown who advocated beetroot & garlic to stop HIV/AIDS

BR>Jack

He recommended people drink coconut water, which is alkaline, and therefore could be used as a herbal medicine for the prevention of pandemic A(H1N1), along with orange, lemon and pomelo which, despite containing citric acid, were very rich in potassium and therefore, would not disturb the body's immunity.

I honestly thought the TV server had been hijacked and this message sent out as a prank, lol

Sexual arousal is just that, no matter what the object of desire, "Dr." Palaniappan

Three cheers for Western research, education and free thinking.

If you read his blog, he actually refers to dry masturbation, which would explain the high friction levels. :)

You can read his full article and indeed, learn more of Dr. V. M. Palaniappan here at his blogspot:

http://ecohealingsystem.blogspot.com/2009/...n1-disease.html

Interestingly, how does homosexual activity create this "acidity", whilst heterosexual activity doesn't? Can anybody explain that?

I suggest you leave that question for the good doctor himself on his blogspot.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

Well why aren't there Katoeys dropping like flys with A(H1N1) where ever we step?

Part two of this story is just beyond the words for stupidity.

Wanking makes you acidic...or just hardick, thank heaven we are in a land where

we don't need to worry about that being much of a necessity for sanity!

Diet and exposure to the virus have much more to relevence

with over acidic systems and catching this flu bug.

Part one is worry some.

Increased resistance to the only medicines is not good.

I suppose I would rather just have it now in an early stage

than risk getting a highly resistant variant later...

Edited by animatic

Ok, I read the large amount of information on the cover page of his blogspot, including this disclaimer:

DISCLAIMER:

The contents of the above posting /article, based on my personal research thinking, written without any prejudice, form a reply to one of my patient’s / friend’s inquiry. The purpose is to keep all my contacts informed of the knowledge I have gathered. This does NOT form a suggestion for the treatment of any kind of OR any one’s health problems.

Yeah, well... I'm not gonna call him a <deleted>. But I do class him the same as that poor deluded Dr Linus Pauling, who late in life believed that massive mega-doses of vitamin C would cure cancer - in his case, it didn't. And Adelle Davis, whose books gave a raft of menus to prevent stomach cancer, which sadly was the cause of her death.

What really bothers me is that a lot of people will read this, having been scared half to death already by so much that has been written about the flu, and not do the basics: wash hands frequently, taking along a waterless hand sanitizer when you go out - and using it, and avoiding crowds of people whenever possible.

I feel really sad about all this. As another person said, it's bloody good that western medicine exists, with stringent testing and freedom of thought.

How in the world could the word of a doctor of ecology give out be taken seriously. If I read the blog correctly, not only should you not masturbate, being obese is good, don't drink too much water, take a bunch of calcium, and most laughably, that women rarely masturbate.

There is a Ph.D. behind his name not M.D. He isn't qualified to remove a splinter from someones hand let alone give advice on infectious disease. Very dangerous misinformation being given out. What a <deleted>.

What many may not know, however, is that stimulating yourself can ultimately boost your health in many ways.

Health Benefits for Men

Research summarized in a 2007 article in Sexual and Relationship Therapy found that masturbation may help men by:

— Improving his immune system’s functioning.

— Building his resistance to prostate gland infection.

— Making for a healthier prostate.

Australian researchers have reported that frequent masturbation may lower a man’s risk of developing prostate cancer. A survey of men found the more frequently a man masturbates between the ages of 20 and 50, the less likely they are to get prostate cancer. In fact, those who masturbated more than five times a week were one-third less likely to develop prostate cancer. -Fox News http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,401722,00.html

Allowing this idiot to scare people about the resistance of H1N1 flu is irresponsible at best and down right dangerous at worst.

Evidently the good "Dr." has been busy since his retirement from the University of Malaysia in 1994 writing books. Here is one entitled "SEX PROBLEMS: Causes, Cure and Prevention"

http://ebooks.ebookmall.com/ebook/261555-ebook.htm

This guy is a work of art. To think he was teaching at a university where he could influence students is disheartening to say the least. It is no wonder Malaysia has gone backwards in the last 30 years.

Thanks everyone, I have been laughly hysterically for 15 minutes now. Can't wait to come back tomarrow for some more laughs.

Edited by Trouble

Its ok to w@nk as long as you wash your hands frequently and if you have a homosexual partner he must wear a face mask and googles, always cover your penis with your hands before ejaculating in public to prevent the virus becoming airbourne

Different virus of course, maybe the goggles are good for that one...

Whipping the Weasel will make you catch Flu is just beyond the pale,

but no doubt he is just feeding fodder to some ultra conservative nut job politican

trying to regulate peoples morals, to control the docile fools all the better.

Beating The Bishop, and fighting it our with Willie the One Eyed Wonder Snake

can save your prostate! I wonder of good old SEX can have the same saluative effect.

Edited by animatic