Trolls

Jai Dee

Shouldn't we thank the Trolls for giving us something to do with our time and, god forbid, helping us question our normal (or not so normal) thought processes / way of life?

:o

That can be done without trolling. Representing an unconventional view and backing it up with reasoned sincere arguments is discourse, but trolling is just adding noise.

People have different motives for posting on forums. Some seem to have no interest in discourse - following an idea back and forth, listening to and responding to points. Some hooligans have teenage minds and think that public conversation is about rallying an emotional group-think. Like political ads. "You've got shit on your feet - ha ha! You suck! What <deleted>! I can't believe you said that - I'm speechless!"

Edited by Falang Pan

Twould seem that a lot of members are guilty of some form of troll type post (I suspect the majority of my posts are).No trolls would make for a forum less fun.

However I would agree that there is a differance in a troll type post and a troll member.Furthermore there is often a differance in the nature of a troll type post sometimes intended as a light relief maybe a moment to chuckle often intended to incite or excite a poster in to a reaction.

Maybe we should have an on line troll rating system.

does it matter?

Ofcourse it matters. This is a good forum we don`t go around calling people the sort of name which you have done.

Why don`t you contribute something useful and enjoy the forum??

Maybe I am quite stupid.

Go back, and highlight where I said anything about anyone, that I didn't then quickly modify to stop the elderly from suffering conniptions..

In fact I have contributed a lot.. you just missed it.

Tosser doesn't count since the person who quoted lives in the forum and has no life

And I do enjoy the forum. I just normally don't comment since it is usually a waste of time. :o

Edited by plastic

does it matter?

Ofcourse it matters. This is a good forum we don`t go around calling people the sort of name which you have done.

Why don`t you contribute something useful and enjoy the forum??

Maybe I am quite stupid.

Go back, and highlight where I said anything about anyone, that I didn't then quickly modify to stop the elderly from suffering conniptions..

Tosser doesn't count since the person who quoted lives in the forum and has no life

Maybe I am quite stupid.

You said it :D:o