How Do You Assess The Democrat Led Government At The 6 Month Mark?

thailandlover

How do you assess their performance?   

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am curious as to how Thai Visa members assess the government's overall performance as they hit the 6 month mark. Not bearing in mind the general population's evaluation, or other parties evaluations, but your own personal opinion.

Commenting on current performance of the goverment reminded me of a song...think is was "The Who"....."meet the new boss....same as the old boss"

I cant really give an opinion...very difficult to asess performance, as it would appear they havent really done anything other than the normal political rhetoric and double speak that comes out of politicans worldwide...

Edited by Soutpeel

I vote good, because they have to clean up the mess from the previous governments while the worldwide economy is in reccesion.

Furthermore I think that Abhisit have to walk on a very thin line, but hes the only hope to have real reforms in Thailand be it social, political, educational or economical.

I only hope that the Thai voters have enough political maturity to understand this.

Edited by henryalleman

I voted "Good" and it's a vote of hope.

After the last April riots when i had the impression to be on the brink of a civil war,it must have been difficult enough for the PM just to keep a positive attitude.

I think he's the best PM Thailand can hope for,i hope the majority of the people will keep on supporting him.

After the last April riots when i had the impression to be on the brink of a civil war,it must have been difficult enough for the PM just to keep a positive attitude.

I think he's the best PM Thailand can hope for,i hope the majority of the people will keep on supporting him.

Agreed.

Particularly when viewed against the previous PPP/PTP government's non-accomplishments over a period of time twice as long, Democrats easily earn a "good" ranking.

Agreed.

Particularly when viewed against the previous PPP/PTP government's non-accomplishments over a period of time twice as long, Democrats easily earn a "good" ranking.

I agree with both the above posts and also voted good. I hope they stay on a good course and continue in positive ways.

I am curious as to how Thai Visa members assess the government's overall performance as they hit the 6 month mark. Not bearing in mind the general population's evaluation, or other parties evaluations, but your own personal opinion.

1) Killing in the South everyday.

2) Non of the PADS are in jailed but 3 farmers are put in jail for 6 months for for protesting by blocking the road.

3) Corruptions are still business as usual.

4) One thing for sure, they will be richer.

5) Changes?

It matters not what the non-Thai residents or guests think of the many-colored shirts of Thailand and its government. We are all non-entities in the eyes of the Thai government, Thai people and the Thai media. Nothing we say or do has an impact upon whichever government or leader that is in power. Life goes on....mai phen rai. Just worry about getting the jumps through the hoops proper when it comes time to renew visas. Mai phen rai.

I vote good, because they have to clean up the mess from the previous governments while the worldwide economy is in reccesion.

Furthermore I think that Abhisit have to walk on a very thin line, but he's the only hope to have real reforms in Thailand be it social, political, educational or economical.

I only hope that the Thai voters have enough political maturity to understand this.

......and if the army decide they don't again? :) who decides and how? and how do you define political maturity? Whats the pass mark for the test? Who's the teacher?

Did the British government of 1776 believe 13 United States did?

Did Chairman Mao have political maturity in your opinion? Ho Chi Minh? Lenin? The Jacobins who stormed the Bastille? Caesar who crossed the Rubicon? Maoist Guerillas in Nepal?

I'm not fomenting revolution here, what I'm trying to point out is that history shows that if consensus isn't reached by mutual consent other means tend to prevail. The Nation needs rapprochement and compromise. This is true political maturity and it appears to be a long way off. You can't feed the mob on bread, circuses and magic forever.

I had a lot of hope for Abhisit but his performance so far makes me think his powers are limited to CNN Spin only. He needs to be seen to act firmly and fairly and move on from the poster boy honeymoon period. But will the adults let him?

History shows the winners make the rules and write the histories.

This is a funny pole because it's just: what side of the political line do you fall on - I very much doubt the people commenting are actually answering the poled question because this government like the last, and the one before has done nothing; thus you must say bad...

...but, this pole has quickly become: do you support Anhisit or not? Totally blinkered answers already...

From the Thais I speak to (who wear neither colour shirt), Abhisit's support has dropped due to his big words and zero actions.

Laughable stuff like the lottery (even though dems were opposed when others suggested it) is going through because that's a good scamming area.

I'd say the worst government of the last 5 years was Samak, this runs a close second. :)

i hope the majority of the people will keep on supporting him.

That'll have him sh"*tting himself then. Last time a bloke had the majority of people supporting him the big boys sent the tanks in. :)