Why. Oh Why.

SEAtramp

Remember , if we all payed thai or farang expats rate thailand would be still be at the same level as etopia(africa).

Don't forget why thailand is still alive............  I've just been to thailand and spent about 200 000 bath in 2 weeks.Returning with only a new toothbrush.

What do they say about a fool and his money? :o

There are some people who are not ex pats for whatever reason that have more experience and knowledge than a lot of ex pats that are there.

How could someone have more experience about life in a country that he does not live in? Visitors have the visitor's perspective, no more.

Of course there are some expats who live in the Farang bubble. An avid visitor may have more Thai experience than these folks, but your post suggests you have a problem with expats in general. Jealousy? :o

I like your approach !

but definetely there are those who live in a bubble !

although experience is not theoretical knowledge or even personally acquired - but realised thru / tested on at least certain amount of personal practice of it. which implies living at least for some periods of time in this case. perhaps one may be frequently visiting a country and staying in it continiously for long periods whithout being expat in such a way ? I mean - wihout settle down here?

I not calling meself an expert in thai culture , but i think i got the general idea.What i don't like is all the others who possible stayed in thailand to long , doing everything they can to show off.

No wonder we'r all called walking ATM's , cause it's the truth. Ain't it?