Round Trip From Us Vs Los

dclaryjr

Once my wife and I make the move, we would still like to make trips back to the U.S to visit family from time to time. I'm just curious if the cost of a round trip airline ticket is comparable if the trip starts in Thailand vs the US. ?????

Hi,

I can guarantee you will get a lower fair if BKK is your origin. I fly between US and BKK 3 - 4 times per year and have found the tickets originating in Bangkok are 25% - 40% lower than the same itinerary from the US based office of the airline. EVA air is your best bet for good seats & price. Flew one way from EWR in EVA Evergreen Deluxe Class for $570 US. On the way back it was $400 US. We had to change the departure date 3 weeks after making the booking, and there was no charge. We then had to change the destination, and it was only 1000 baht to change that. Nice deal if you ask me, compared to the US office charges. Fly one way to BKK and then do roundtrips. Better deals. And be sure to call around from travel agent to travel agent. I have found prices varying BIG TIME between some agents to others. Good luck.