2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

"Bikes are dangerous. Period. Whether you come off at 120km/hr or 220km/hr, on a public road your chances of surviving are next to none"

ps. Again one of Tony's quote - he must have forgotten he wrote that on a previous TV at the time he was making his youtube vid.

Everything is dangerous. that's the world we live in. bugger off back into your hole and let us enjoy the hobby/sport we like. State trooper more like starship trooper.

Edited by thaicbr

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you have seen the light ScoobieNinja! :D

Only a lunatic would ever consider trying to race this two pot imitation wannabe race bike :D

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! :)

Ride On!

Tony

Great vid, how old are you like 15?

People that ride at those speeds just show their immaturity, and are a road menace.

At that speed I hope you come across Somchai coming head on on the wrong side of the road.

Thank you for your kind compassion and concern. Not.

I'm pushing 40, have plenty to live for, and do not consider my self to be reckless.

I've been riding bikes since I was a kid. If I were as reckless as you seem to imply I doubt very much I'd still be alive today.

If you actually watched the vid you'll see that this test was done on a rural road with no traffic, no side roads, and unobstructed visibility.

Are you assuming, based on a 35 second video, that I regularly ride at such speeds? Well... you know what they say about assumption.

Lighten up- if anyone was going to get hurt in that video it would be me.

Wishing me a head on collision tells us a lot about you. You have my sympathy.

Happy Trails,

Tony

No traffic. Were you going too fast to see the guy that passes you when you were doing 185.

Yawn... yeah, so my mate on the CBR1000 passes me while I'm coasting down to 185... What's your point? Do you think it was somehow a dangerous overtake? I'm in my lane, he was in the other lane and there was no oncoming traffic. I don't get it... Are you calling one bike passing another on a deserted road "traffic"?

Don't shoot the messenger guys. I am all for people having fun and enjoying life. I just dont want to see anyone needlessly killed. It is no secret that speed kills. Many accidents can be avoided by riding safely and to the conditions of the road.

You guys dont find it ironic and hypocritical that on the 8 May last year Tony posted:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3454303

"It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I write to tell you that Jim (Thumchok on ThaiVisa) was killed in a motorcycle accident on Friday May 8th. Please be considerate - Jim's wife, children, family and friends do read the ThaiVisa forum".

Then on 29 March he post a video of him pulling 220 (obviously racing another bike) with the caption: 'Only a lunatic would ever consider trying to race this two pot imitation wannabe race bike'

Enjoy your wife, kids, family and friends. Don't die to soon.

Don't shoot the messenger guys. I am all for people having fun and enjoying life. I just dont want to see anyone needlessly killed. It is no secret that speed kills. Many accidents can be avoided by riding safely and to the conditions of the road.

You guys dont find it ironic and hypocritical that on the 8 May last year Tony posted:

"It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I write to tell you that Jim (Thumchok on ThaiVisa) was killed in a motorcycle accident on Friday May 8th. Please be considerate - Jim's wife, children, family and friends do read the ThaiVisa forum".

Then on 29 March he post a video of him pulling 220 (obviously racing another bike) with the caption: 'Only a lunatic would ever consider trying to race this two pot imitation wannabe race bike'

Enjoy your wife, kids, family and friends. Do die to soon.

i really want to know what your posts have to do with the 650 Ninja???

Are you a biker at all? But knowing a bit of you now :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3465202

maybe stay off the booze when posting :) come on you can become and ex-heavy... again you can do it !!!

Don't shoot the messenger guys.

So where do you see that he is racing another bike in that video? Are you just guessing? Do you see double and if so why???

He He still breaking it in... 6k/7k in each gear... So not sure what it will do a 7k in 1st gear, 2nd gear... I'll check on my way home from the coffee shop....

By the way... Anyone looked at this back light....

http://www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk/acatalog...ght-ER-6NF.html

Ah- wonderful to have an on-topic post!

The tail light referenced in your link is for the old model Ninja 650R.

I bought my integrated tail light off eBay and there are some pictures of it earlier in the thread. It's given me nearly 18000km of trouble free service so I'm pretty happy with it.

Ride On!

Tony

My nanna had the service guy juice up her mobility scooter so it would do 15kph. Anyone want to tell me how nanna is bad to the bone????

I took my nanna up to 165mph (that's 264km/h) in my tuned-up Subaru Impreza (GPS Reading) she quite enjoyed it and she was 94 at the time... :)

He He still breaking it in... 6k/7k in each gear... So not sure what it will do a 7k in 1st gear, 2nd gear... I'll check on my way home from the coffee shop....

By the way... Anyone looked at this back light....

http://www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk/acatalog...ght-ER-6NF.html

Ah- wonderful to have an on-topic post!

The tail light referenced in your link is for the old model Ninja 650R.

I bought my integrated tail light off eBay and there are some pictures of it earlier in the thread. It's given me nearly 18000km of trouble free service so I'm pretty happy with it.

Ride On!

Tony

Tony, does your one have the side indicators built in as well? If so, do you they stand out enough against the brake light, or would you also go with extra side indicators for safety!?

I really like the ErmaxER6TailTidy as well. What do you think? Where can you get those? I'm lazy, I just want to bolt on and go... 8 D

Matt.

Nice- keep trying to convince us what a wonderful person you are...

He has PM'd me to explain it was a typo and asked me to change it to: don't die to soon, in light of his message not to drive too hard.

Nice- keep trying to convince us what a wonderful person you are...

He has PM'd me to explain it was a typo and asked me to change it to: don't die to soon, in light of his message not to drive too hard.

Erm, pardon my skepticism but was him wishing me a head on collision with "Somchai" also a typo?

At that speed I hope you come across Somchai coming head on on the wrong side of the road.

on 29 March he post a video of him pulling 220 (obviously racing another bike) with the caption: 'Only a lunatic would ever consider trying to race this two pot imitation wannabe race bike'

Does someone care to explain the two pot imitation wannabe race bike joke to this troll? I can't be bothered.

Tony, does your one have the side indicators built in as well? If so, do you they stand out enough against the brake light, or would you also go with extra side indicators for safety!?

I really like the ErmaxER6TailTidy as well. What do you think? Where can you get those? I'm lazy, I just want to bolt on and go... 8 D

Matt.

Hi Matt, Yes, mine is an integrated tail light. I'm told it's fairly visible, but I never assume anyone can see my turn signals and learned a long time ago that it's best to ride as if no one can see you.

The Ermax undertail is a cool item. The real ones are made in France and are a bit pricey for what you get IMO. There are also some guys here in Bangkok who have made their own undertail that was 'inspired' by the Ermax.

At first glance you'd think it's a straight copy, but actually they improved the Ermax design by installing LED Signals that are more visible than the flush mount signals on the Ermax.

Pics of the Ermax and the 'copy' are in the thread.

Like I told you earlier- if you want me to mail some kit down to the island just let me know- it's no trouble at all.

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

Matt.

Hi Matt, Yes, mine is an integrated tail light. I'm told it's fairly visible, but I never assume anyone can see my turn signals and learned a long time ago that it's best to ride as if no one can see you.

The Ermax undertail is a cool item. The real ones are made in France and are a bit pricey for what you get IMO. There are also some guys here in Bangkok who have made their own undertail that was 'inspired' by the Ermax.

At first glance you'd think it's a straight copy, but actually they improved the Ermax design by installing LED Signals that are more visible than the flush mount signals on the Ermax.

Pics of the Ermax and the 'copy' are in the thread.

Like I told you earlier- if you want me to mail some kit down to the island just let me know- it's no trouble at all.

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

Tony - that's great. Thanks for all your help. I'll PM you a little later today when I have some work out of the way!

All the best, Matt.

How do you know Mick doesn't ride and /or know nothing about it?..I'm curious as to your suppositions

As you are a frequent crybaby about the thai road behaviour, why is what this buddy of yours is doing allright in your opinion?

I'm curious thats all...maybe its ok for us and not for them?

I ride a Vmax and i ride it fast...cool, up to me , but i don't complain about all the others that do so........easy huh

Hmm.. 4 posts and banned. Interesting.

It was clear to me from his post that he wasn't a sport bike rider, and it turned out my "supposition" was right. I knew this because, as already mentioned, the road was not a bad road for opening her up a bit. Any sportbike rider would recognize this. You don't ride faster than conditions allow. The one bike going in the opposite direction, and a riding buddy trailing you which overtakes you when you slow down does not constitute "traffic". You should know that I do have friends which I ride with that have posted video's of themselves driving very fast in conditions which I didn't believe was reasonable, and I told them so....in private.

mick the issue I had was with your name calling and wishing the poster of the video a head on with a Thai person. Pretty tacky and IMO undeserved.

Fair question, which deserves a response indeed.

As a former State Trooper in my 20 plus years of dedicated service I was on the scene to witness the carnage of more than 250 road fatalities, and that doesn't include the many hundreds that were ultimately left wheel chair bound from paraplegia.

They say that one death affects at least 100 people very close to the deceased (moms, dads, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, friends etc) 250 x 100 = 25,000 people suffering today from the result of many wrecks that could have been avoided by simply driving/riding to the conditions of the road.

Many fatalities kiddies were involved too. Speed was an overwhelming factor is most of them. I might not be a motor bike enthusiast, but I too am a road user too.

So ScubaBuddha with respect, I certainly do no something about it.

My advice to you lunatics is slow down, ride to the conditions of the road. If you have speed related accidents, then som nam nah to you. I only hope yourself and not someone else.

ride safe

Thanks for the response mick. FYI I did the same thing as you for several years. I rode sport bikes and I had cop friends that rode sport bikes during those years. (Although I still consider myself a novice) so I understand both sides of the issue, and I constantly try to reconcile each side with the other, and admittedly sometimes I can not. And yes I do complain about the craziness on the roads here. How can you not? But when I am riding a sport bike at a fast pace which i deem safe and am getting constantly betting passed by Somchi junior in his souped up Sonic, I think I have room to complain.

Again, it's about not riding faster than the conditions allow, which is exactly what you said right after calling us "lunatics". There are plenty of times and places where the conditions allow it, and where you are not putting others at risk.

Matt.

Hi Matt,

Here are pics of the original Ermax undertail and the 'improved' Thai version:

Stock Ermax undertail:

2010Ninja650R665G6427.JPG

Here's the 'improved' Thai version:

122009Ninja650BobSm.jpg

Finally, here's the tail tidy I did on my bike with a simple bracket to hold the plate and integrated tail light:

120409Ninja650Zm.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Sadly, whilst most of you have enjoyed (as it seems) attacking that poster mickscottatlanta, whilst his delivery might not have been that perfect, his message was more than appropriate, considering everything.

The message by mick doohan is so true. I hope everyone here rides safely & lives another day to enjoy their rides.. :)

Sadly, whilst most of you have enjoyed (as it seems) attacking that poster mickscottatlanta, whilst his delivery might not have been that perfect, his message was more than appropriate, considering everything.

The message by mick doohan is so true. I hope everyone here rides safely & lives another day to enjoy their rides.. :)

Enjoy receiving death wishes from a self-confessed alcoholic ex-cop who judges me a "menace" based on a 35 second youtube video? Certainly NOT!

Enjoy being accused for a fellow riders death when he knows NOTHING about the accident? Certainly NOT!

Some jackass with NO knowledge of the accident PM'd our dear friend Mick telling him that Jim was decapitated by a pickup truck while trying to catch up with other riders. 100% false, no decapitation, no pick up truck and no one speeding to catch up with anyone.

Of course Mick accepts these falsehoods as facts and makes an ass out himself by bringing up a tragedy he knows nothing about and claiming I'm responsible for Jim's death. <deleted>?!

I've had enough nightmares re-living that tragic day wondering if there is anything any of us could have done differently to avoid the accident. The hard truth is that when your number is up, it's up- the only way to have avoided that accident would have been to stay home. Jim died doing something he loved- we should all be so lucky to go out that way.

FOR THE RECORD- the Tak Court ruled, based on the FACTS that the driver of the 10 wheel dump truck that murdered Jim was entirely responsible for the death.

You ThaiVisa keyboard warriors who pretend you know what happened haven't a god dam_n clue and spreading rumors and falsehoods about a deceased friend and insinuating that I am somehow responsible for Jim's tragic and untimely death is about as low as you can go. SHAME ON YOU!

The message by mick doohan is so true. I hope everyone here rides safely & lives another day to enjoy their rides.. :D

Enjoy receiving death wishes from a self-confessed alcoholic ex-cop who judges me a "menace" based on a 35 second youtube video? Certainly NOT!

Enjoy being accused for a fellow riders death when he knows NOTHING about the accident? Certainly NOT!

Some jackass with NO knowledge of the accident PM'd our dear friend Mick telling him that Jim was decapitated by a pickup truck while trying to catch up with other riders. 100% false, no decapitation, no pick up truck and no one speeding to catch up with anyone.

Of course Mick accepts these falsehoods as facts and makes an ass out himself by bringing up a tragedy he knows nothing about and claiming I'm responsible for Jim's death. <deleted>?!

I've had enough nightmares re-living that tragic day wondering if there is anything any of us could have done differently to avoid the accident. The hard truth is that when your number is up, it's up- the only way to have avoided that accident would have been to stay home. Jim died doing something he loved- we should all be so lucky to go out that way.

FOR THE RECORD- the Tak Court ruled, based on the FACTS that the driver of the 10 wheel dump truck that murdered Jim was entirely responsible for the death.

You ThaiVisa keyboard warriors who pretend you know what happened haven't a god dam_n clue and spreading rumors and falsehoods about a deceased friend and insinuating that I am somehow responsible for Jim's tragic and untimely death is about as low as you can go. SHAME ON YOU!

Dear ohh dear Tony, something that started as a simply comment regarding the riding of your bike in a video posted earlier in this thread has certainly gone downhill, hasnt it?

I havent read anywhere, where anybody has insinuated such a thing about you being responsible for Jims tragic accident.

Perhaps, these rants would be best taken away from the 650r thread, because nobody here wants to see that closed, so unnecessarily. :)

Sorry the message was where and what? it was in a 650 ninja thread ...and mickscottatlanta starts handing out death wishes not even talking about the 650 ninja at all ,and finally he knows sh_it about anything on the tragic happening ...i don't think he rides actually bikes ...just an ex-(or still) heavy drinker that sees double on a video and make up fairytales .

Noone had enjoyment reading mickscottatlanta post as they are far from reality and ill mannered ...well maybe you did enjoy reading it??? But chances are that you haven't read the things what the Moderation team actually has removed from mickscottatlanta. Maybe your view would be different than.

Tony has good reasons to be upset over mickscottatlanta's posts...

happy trails

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

The message by mick doohan is so true. I hope everyone here rides safely & lives another day to enjoy their rides.. :D

Dear ohh dear Tony, something that started as a simply comment regarding the riding of your bike in a video posted earlier in this thread has certainly gone downhill, hasnt it?

I havent read anywhere, where anybody has insinuated such a thing about you being responsible for Jims tragic accident.

Perhaps, these rants would be best taken away from the 650r thread, because nobody here wants to see that closed, so unnecessarily. :)

I guess the mods removed some of Mick's more despicable posts from last night so perhaps you missed them, but plenty of other folks saw what Mick wrote last night so I apologize if I'm going off over deleted posts, but fact remains, Mick has called me a menace, has wished me a fatal accident and has accused me of being responsible for a friends death. In light of these outrageous accusations do I care if this thread is closed or deleted? Not one bit. You think I should just turn the other cheek and not respond to these threats and accusations? hel_l NO

I was unaware of missing posts, just going off what I see now (PERHAPS ME FATAL ERRA).

Anyway, as I have said before 650R threadhopefully safely ridden (if poss) and no accidents, again mick doohans message is relevant to just about everything we do. :)

Just delete all typos, I think. (not threats)

Edited by neverdie

Hi,

I am planing a 5 days trip from BKK staring tomorrow or monday at the latest.

Among possible destinations is the LOEI area . Looks interesting as per trip report seen on another forum (google: "5 Day Loop - CM-KK-Udon-Loei-Nan-CM"

Any one interested to join or having in mind a better/different itinerary to propose (Garmin gps track welcomed); just let me know.

Enjoy your Sonkran, looks like it's might be a perillous time riding a Red Ducati ; )

FG

He's talking about RusticCharm's comments on the SSR forum, among other places. It's possible mick has been banned because Thaivisa knows if you create multiple ID's here.

ND you are a member at SSR so surely you have read those disgusting and innacurate accusations. There are many cases where Rustic has reached new lows by accusing SSR riders of Jim's death.

Back to the Ninja thread: I was told there is a white 650 in Phuket for bike week. Must find it!!

Edited by ScubaBuddha

ND you are a member at SSR so surely you have read those disgusting and innacurate accusations.

SB, Yesterday was the first time I have tried to log into SSR for a long time (months) and unfortunately whilst I did manage to log on, I couldnt read any posts and havent yet worked out why. So, no I have read nothing.

Let this rest & go back to the 650R stuff please. I have previously spoken with tony about this in PM and have also asked mods to remove my post as I was clearly unaware of the extra or deleted posts. :)