2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

I am soon going abroad and will not be using my 650R for 3-4 weeks. What should I do to keep the bike perfect condition? Full gasoline tank? or no gasoline? etc

as Tony says, full gasoline, no gasohol. pump up the tyres to 45 psi and side stand works fine

if you cant park it indoors, you can park in my garage

battery no need disconnection for only 4 weeks on a newish bike

Isnt 45 psi way too much? Normal is 32 and 36..

Thanks for the offer, but I think I will be able to store the bike in my bedroom;)

To avoid squared tyres, manufactorers of bikes and cars pump up the tyres to storage pressure when leaving factory, usually 45 psi. Sometimes a bike or car can be parked for months before sold. Max pressure your tyres can handle can be read on the side of the tyres

Bike in bedroom is nice :D

Bike in bed is nicer :lol:

Rigger.jpg

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Rented the 650R for 2 days this week, must say its a wonderful bike, loved it. Enough power to scare the shit of my sister and my GF hehe.

My new cbr150r feels like a little toy after drivin the ninja=(.... but well well in 6 months or so il get one=)

get rid of that cbr BUMS! :D Quit drinking, eat rice and buy yourself a 650!

Rented the 650R for 2 days this week, must say its a wonderful bike, loved it. Enough power to scare the shit of my sister and my GF hehe.

My new cbr150r feels like a little toy after drivin the ninja=(.... but well well in 6 months or so il get one=)

haha yeah maby i will, actually lookin at some financing options=), if i do buy it i'l come to bangkok so u can show me some nice roads, aint got any down here hehe.

Edited by jahsoldier

haha yeah maby i will, actually lookin at some financing options=), if i do buy it i'l come to bangkok so u can show me some nice roads, aint got any down here hehe.

good for you! If you get here I promise to take you on an adventure. The fun is not too far away!

• 5 months later...

I admit I photo-shopped a 250R tail on that pic above. But I did read from a reliable source the 2012 650R will have a stepped seat, more power and improved suspension. Maybe it will look like this:

kawasaki-ninja-650r_black-1.jpg

kawasaki-ninja-650r_black-2.jpg

2010-Kawasaki-Ninja650R-Sport.jpg

Edited by ScubaBuddha

• 2 weeks later...

post-81971-0-31940500-1307962150_thumb.jpost-81971-0-43505100-1307962197_thumb.jpost-81971-0-25969200-1307962378_thumb.j

Got this tank bag from our sponsor Sumetcycle. At less than 1.100 baht including EMS to my door, I consider it a bargain. Magnet holds it up to 150kmh, couldnt try faster today. Small pockets, large pocket, clear plastic GPS pocket, well padded to protect tank. Can be used as a small backpack when not on bike. Comes with a raincote

As it is badged Honda and covers my kwaker stickers, I now have a Honda Ninja650R :)

post-81971-0-31940500-1307962150_thumb.jpost-81971-0-43505100-1307962197_thumb.jpost-81971-0-25969200-1307962378_thumb.j

Got this tank bag from our sponsor Sumetcycle. At less than 1.100 baht including EMS to my door, I consider it a bargain. Magnet holds it up to 150kmh, couldnt try faster today. Small pockets, large pocket, clear plastic GPS pocket, well padded to protect tank. Can be used as a small backpack when not on bike. Comes with a raincote

As it is badged Honda and covers my kwaker stickers, I now have a Honda Ninja650R :)

Lolz- guess that means you can sneak in on the Honda rides. But go easy on the throttle so they can keep up! ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently bought a white Ninja which also came with the original green fairing which I don't want so if anyone fancies changing the colour of their Ninja or has a green one that needs some fairing replaced please PM me with your offer, I'll sell it as a whole kit to the highest bidder regardless of amount.

Noticed last night that one of my headlight bulbs has gone, am I right in thinking that any 55W H7 bulb will fit? I want brighter than stock but don't want HID, any Osram dealers in Thailand? Have found somewhere with free worldwide shipping if not.

yep, any H7 55/60

Osram, Home Works :)

want brighter? first step is to upgrade the super thin wires. presently only 12,7Volt on bulb, while 13,8-14,4V on battery. 2,5mm2 wires from battery to bulb controlled by existing wires and relay. 150 baht :)

First fix I do on any halogen light vehicle I purchase

the small reflectors can not handle larger watt lightbulbs. They melt

Noticed last night that one of my headlight bulbs has gone, am I right in thinking that any 55W H7 bulb will fit? I want brighter than stock but don't want HID, any Osram dealers in Thailand? Have found somewhere with free worldwide shipping if not.

yep, any H7 55/60

want brighter? first step is to upgrade the super thin wires. presently only 12,7Volt on bulb, while 13,8-14,4V on battery. 2,5mm2 wires from battery to bulb controlled by existing wires and relay. 150 baht :)

Thanks. I read on some other bike forums that these fit the Ninja 650 and are much brighter than stock but no messing with any wires required so will try these out http://www.osram.com/osram_com/Consumer/Automotive_Lighting/Products/Headlights/SILVERSTAR/index.html

fuel tank included?

kwaker green or metallic green?

Yes, fuel tank included. Not sure which green it is but whatever was sold here in 2010, looks like the green in this link http://www.kawasaki....?Id=340D7270EE0

tricky one as 2010 model was metallic green (15P) and 2011, sold from august 2010, is kawasaki green (777), non metallic.

The kit I have is the 15P metallic lime green. Best offer so far is 2000baht, if nowt else in 2-3 days then someone will get a bargain!

yep, any H7 55/60

Thanks. I read on some other bike forums that these fit the Ninja 650 and are much brighter than stock but no messing with any wires required so will try these out http://www.osram.com...STAR/index.html

One of the best, and as said i v seen them in Home Works. Piaa also excellent

still an additional 50% by installing more wires and no cutting of existing wires, so back to stock at any time

Took the pretend Ninja out with a real Ninja early this morning. From Chiang Rai up to Mae Chan and the 1089 to Fang and then the 107, 109 & 118 back to Chiang Rai, absolutely beautiful trip, pics below.

They look like interesting roads, i'll have to take a trip up there as soon as my 2012 650 arrives :)

Took the pretend Ninja out with a real Ninja early this morning. From Chiang Rai up to Mae Chan and the 1089 to Fang and then the 107, 109 & 118 back to Chiang Rai, absolutely beautiful trip, pics below.

They look like interesting roads, i'll have to take a trip up there as soon as my 2012 650 arrives :)

Some of the best roads in Thailand, if no the world, up here and the cool season is a perfect time to enjoy them, PM me if you do visit.