A Gentleman's Tailor In Chiang Mai

yeehi

Can somebody recommend a tailor in Chiang mai?

I would like a suit made. I had one made before and i haggled too hard i think. It was a total disaster. All the shops tailors refused but he eventually found somebody. Never again, i said. I stuck to off the peg stuff and am quite happy with it really.

BUt now i need a suit and i need it now. So, what do you think?

Can somebody recommend a tailor in Chiang mai?

I would like a suit made. I had one made before and i haggled too hard i think. It was a total disaster. All the shops tailors refused but he eventually found somebody. Never again, i said. I stuck to off the peg stuff and am quite happy with it really.

BUt now i need a suit and i need it now. So, what do you think?

Yeehi,

I don't know if it will help you but I had a suit (jacket and 2 pants) made in Khon Kaen about 3 months ago if you're ever passing through there...

I can provide the name of the place. It is apparently very reputable as my wifeso well-known people of the city doing business there (their names on finished suits and Thai style 'work dresses'...

The suit is top-notch and was gotten for 6200-6600 baht (poor memory here)...

They're very impressed with it here in Korea and a comparable suit here cost me 13,000 (actually maybe even cheaper than Thailand, relative to the wage-wise...

Takes 3 days...

IA

Many of us who have been through the "asian suit making experience, not only in Thailand" have formed the consensus that it is better to buy a suit "off the rack" and then have it "customized" to your needs.

This way your are seening what you get and the shoulders will fit right or you wouldn't have bought it. The cutting of the suit will be better in store bought than most "talilors" in Asia as they are only seamstresses or alterators.

Good for alterations and some say for suits is Nirimit Tailor. Srinakorn Ping street, across from SCB, at its intersection with Sangmoi Street.

Many of us who have been through the "asian suit making experience, not only in Thailand" have formed the consensus that it is better to buy a suit "off the rack" and then have it "customized" to your needs.

This way your are seening what you get and the shoulders will fit right or you wouldn't have bought it.  The cutting of the suit will be better in store bought than most "talilors" in Asia as they are only seamstresses or alterators.

Good for alterations and some say for suits is Nirimit Tailor. Srinakorn Ping street, across from SCB, at its intersection with Sangmoi Street.

Some of the experienced guys in Thailand were saying the same thing recently. The so-called tailors cut the fabric wrong, the thread is too weak, the colors run, etc. - everything a custom tailor shouldn't do, they will do, sooner or later.

I suspect most of them catch tourists who aren't coming back.

Of course, the other problem is finding clothes for a waist over 38, a chest over 44 inches, etc.

From Tha Phae Gate, go westbound, past AUA School, past the first minor intersection, through the larger lighted intersection (Phra Pok Khlao Rd) and there is a tailor shop that is about the 2nd or 3rd door on the right.

When I was about to get married, they made me a suit of very lightweight Kashmiri wool for a very reasonable price and I have never had anything in my life fit me so well, including my own skin... And no, good quality Kashmiri wool is not hot; just the opposite since it breathes even better than cotton...

Your's truly,

da handsome wolf in sheep's clothing...

Edited by Dustoff