• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 26

Famous Singer Tik Shiro Involved in Fatal Bangkok Car Accident, Two Dead

2. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

3. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

4. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

5. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

6. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

7. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

8. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

9. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

10. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

11. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

12. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

13. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

Here's A Poll To Dig Out The Best Dental Clinic In Chiang Mai

Drew Aitch

The Dental Gems of Chiang Mai  

132 members have voted

1. 1. IMO - The Best Dental Clinic in Chiang Mai is?

• Big Smile Dental Clinic
    • Chiang Mai Dental Hospital
    • Fortune Dental Clinic
    • Grace Dental Care Clinic
    • Kitcha Dental Clinic
    • Chiang Mai Ram Dental

This poll is closed to new votes

My wife needed her 4 Wisdom teeth removed and I remembered many raving about Grace. Well we went there and they wanted to charge 4,000 Baht for removal of each tooth. Well we basically took the x-ray (which we already paid a pretty penny for) and went to another place. We ended up going to a dental clinic just outside the Super Highway ring, which was recommended by the owner of our building. To make a long story short, we paid 4,000 baht TOTAL to have all 4 wisdom teeth removed and a cleaning.... It's been awhile and absolutely no problems or after effects. The office was small, but spotless and the Dentist spoke near perfect English to me (Thai to my wife).

If you want to pay Farang prices, I suggest you go to places like Grace who advertise up the ying yang and make a killing off of those who don't ask around. Just ask your building owner, or a close Thai friend, and I'll bet you they don't recommend places like Grace.

Something must have gotten lost in translation. I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled at Grace, each one months apart. The most expensive one was 1,200 baht. The Xray was either 100 or 200 baht and the charge has been waived for me and everyone I know who continues with the treatment at Grace.

I go to Y & B Dental Cliinic for cleanings. (Go up the small soi next to Dunkin Donuts on Huay Kaew Road next to the Phucome Hotel and then follow the signs.) imho they do a good job for 600 baht. I'll continue to go to Grace for everything else.

I've been to 3 of the other 5 dentists listed in the poll and think that all 3 are dishonest. They all found cavities that neither Grace nor Y & B could find. Interestingly enough, they each found cavities in different teeth. I still haven't had any of those phantom cavities filled.

I voted for Grace and it is the first dentist I have stuck with in CM. (I have tried quite a few including Maharaj & McCormick & some of the other clinics)

I actually don't think they (Grace) are much more expensive than other places.

There was a standard charge for a root filling (even though it took lots of visits) and they make sure everything is OK before they finish it off.

From my experience it is the only dentist that actually explains the treatment well and tells you what is needed and why.

I wouldn't have the inclination to try anywhere else.

• 2 months later...

Nobody seems to be mentioning pricing anywhere, so here's my ten penneth!

Cracked a lower molar beginning of the month, and as was well under the gum only real choice has to oik it out.

waited just under an hour (was 5pm Saturday) as a walk in and then had the offending tooth removed which took her 90 minutes because A; the little bu**er didn't want to come out and B; I am not the best customer for them after childhood horrors with dentist.

Well happy now and the price including medicines and repeat visit for stitches out etc was 600 baht.

Ta Ta

Richard

Chiang Mai

If you have transportation I can recommend Dental clinic in Maejoo Just beside the SCB Bank.

Women dentist very god in doing here work and cheap prices to not the rip of prices they have in the city.

I was there made 2 fillings and 1 extraction and at last cleaning of a total 1500 baht.

open 09:00 to 12:00 and 17:00 to 20:00

Edited by SM7WGP

Just go to any good Thai Uni Hospital (like Maharaj) and visit their Dental Clinic, you might need a translator for your first appointment, but you will get first class treatment (the treatment room there might need a paint-job, but you go for a dental and not for an interior design course) and if you need an implant for example, they give you 3 to 5 options to choose from, from really really cheap to really really top quality, but still inexpensive compared to the rest of the world.

do you have to wait a long time to get in for a basic checkup if you just walk in (no appointment)?

According to my Dentist (Lanna Dental) in Chiang Mai there is over 100 clinics in Chiang Mai city. So your poll has barely scratched the surface.

Thanks Eek for your recomendation, I showed Dr Attavit your post on TV he was pleased)

Where is this place?