Ex-pat Funerals In Los

sunholidaysun1

Im not thinking of leaving yet but when I do I want to make sure Im not left out in the sun for a few days rotting while the Thai family drink to my departure.

All Thai funerals are more or less the same, as soon as your dead , the tent goes up and the party begins. However , laying in a Thai coffin waiting for them to finish isnt really what I want.

Is there no refridgerated chapels of rest , if not , maybe a good idea.

What about a black hearse from the village house instead of the back of a dirty old pick-up ?

It would be nice to go out with a bit of dignity , however I have instructed the wife to burn me in a field as they do in my village for everyone. Its just a basic bonfire with the coffin thrown on top .

Im not thinking of leaving yet but when I do I want to make sure Im not left out in the sun for a few days rotting while the Thai family drink to my departure.

All Thai funerals are more or less the same, as soon as your dead , the tent goes up and the party begins. However , laying in a Thai coffin waiting for them to finish isnt really what I want.

Is there no refridgerated chapels of rest , if not , maybe a good idea.

What about a black hearse from the village house instead of the back of a dirty old pick-up ?

It would be nice to go out with a bit of dignity , however I have instructed the wife to burn me in a field as they do in my village for everyone. Its just a basic bonfire with the coffin thrown on top .

..............................RIP..................................... :)

When I go I have told my wife to stick a pin in me a few times just to make sure I am dead and after that I will be ready for the temple.

I know there will be no a/c (I will be dead so what do I care) and my wife and son will be there having a good time with enough food and drink for all our friends.

Sometime later I will be cremated and I asked my wife to put my ahses on the land but it seems as though I may be going to the seaside and my ashes tossed off the side of a boat.

I hope that it will be a calm day as I never have been happy on a boat.

I have asked a good English friend to come over and open up a folder called what to do when I die, on my computer and all the vital information will be there to make my wife and family's life a bit easier.

Also as I have been in the mobile phone business for many years I have asked her to leave a mobile in the coffin and give me a call just before they light the fire.

And if I answer it :):D :D :D :D

With regard to refrigeration...a few weeks ago I attended a 5-day funeral for a friend's father. I was very impressed by the coffin they had...shining stainless steel, large inexpensive jewels here and there, lights... Light???? yeah, it was hooked up an electric outlet - for the refrigeration. The coffin was inside a refrigerated box. When they brought him to the temple, he had a bit of frost here and there on his face, but there was no visible decomposition or odor.

So refrigeration exists for the funerals. I have no idea where they got this from, but my wife thinks they rented it from one of the small cities around us.

Sometime later I will be cremated and I asked my wife to put my ahses on the land but it seems as though I may be going to the seaside and my ashes tossed off the side of a boat.

Must be Pattaya :)

Over my dead body as it were.

Never liked the place, Cha Am or Hua Hin for me, not that I will be able to argue about it.

But if she gets ir wrong, as Arnie once said

I WILL be back

Any death of a foreign national or Thai citizen must be reported to the police within 24 hours. In the case of foreign nationals, the police will inform the appropriate Embassy and the next of kin or representative will be notified.

The body will be sent to the Examining Magistrate's office to determine cause of death.

Death Certificates

If the cause of death is not determined to be unusual or suspicious, the body is released to the family within two to three days and a death certificate issued.

If the cause of death is unusual or the result of a suspected criminal act an autopsy will be performed and there will be a delay in releasing the body.

When the body is released, both a civil registry death certificate and a doctor's death certificate stating cause of death will be issued.

Any expenses for medical treatment or a hospital stay must be paid before the body can be released.

http://bangkok.angloinfo.com/countries/thailand/death.asp

Old farangs will need permit to die,photo copies of passport etc,over stay for dead farang is 1000 baht a day, make sure you get cremated quick!

Once dead, farang spirit must return to country of birth. :)