Skype In Number In Thailand?

CrossBones

Hi

Does anyone have any idea how I can get a Thai number to forward to skype or other Voip provider?

Thanks

I f I understand you correctly then any Landline or Mobile Telephone in Thailand is a suitable number.

I use my Mobile number and my landline number.

Thanks

So how do i set that up then? With Skype you've got to buy a Skype-in number but these arent available in Thailand. I need a Thai phone number that will forward to my Voip, so I can get calls anywhere in the world.

Are you saying I can get a Thai landline to FORWARD to say a skype-in number in America then I could pick up the call if I was in England? I would then pay the TL to USA fee, that would be a possibility but id be concerned about call quality!

How do you use your Mobile number / land line number to forward calls to your computer I dont understand!

I've seen one company offering them, but they were around $40 or $50 USD per month. I don't believe a DID for VOIP is legal at this point, which could explain the high price. I can't find them after a quick look, so maybe their Thai DID's have been confiscated.

Edited by surface

Hi

Does anyone have any idea how I can get a Thai number to forward to skype or other Voip provider?

Thanks

I f I understand you correctly then any Landline or Mobile Telephone in Thailand is a suitable number.

I use my Mobile number and my landline number.

Thanks

So how do i set that up then? With Skype you've got to buy a Skype-in number but these arent available in Thailand. I need a Thai phone number that will forward to my Voip, so I can get calls anywhere in the world.

Are you saying I can get a Thai landline to FORWARD to say a skype-in number in America then I could pick up the call if I was in England? I would then pay the TL to USA fee, that would be a possibility but id be concerned about call quality!

How do you use your Mobile number / land line number to forward calls to your computer I dont understand!

If you have an apartment or a friend that would let you host a computer running Asterisk, you could forward a landline to a SIP trunk, which could be going to your mobile or home # in another country.

hi,

Best way for you if you really do need a Thai number is just to buy a telephone number from Skype and divert your Thai phone to that number. It will however cost you a bit depending on how many calls you expect to receive but that really is the only way with a Thai number. If you buy a UK / US number from Skype then you can set it up to cost only 3 baht a minute but again, could still work out expensive if you are expecting a lot of calls and/or for long durations.

If you werent bothered about a Thai number but could use a UK/US number I could let you know of a company that you could sign up with and get free divert to anywhere in the world.

Falcon

Hi,

Thanks yes I need a Thai number

How can i forward a Thai landline or mobile to a skype-in number overseas?

Thanks

If you already have your own telephone here at home (Thailand) then it should just be a simple call to TIT/TOT service and ask them how to set uo a call forwarding to your overseas number. They will (should) either set it up for you or tell you how to do it. If you were doing it from a western country the other way around there is a simple way that you can set up the call divert from your handset but i am not sure if its possible to di it that way here or not.

As i said before though, cost could certainly mount up and dont forget that the international lines need paying at a separate time than your normal domestic calls so 2 monthly bills you would need to account for.

Falcon

Hi,
Thanks yes I need a Thai number

How can i forward a Thai landline or mobile to a skype-in number overseas?

Thanks

If you already have your own telephone here at home (Thailand) then it should just be a simple call to TIT/TOT service and ask them how to set uo a call forwarding to your overseas number. They will (should) either set it up for you or tell you how to do it. If you were doing it from a western country the other way around there is a simple way that you can set up the call divert from your handset but i am not sure if its possible to di it that way here or not.

As i said before though, cost could certainly mount up and dont forget that the international lines need paying at a separate time than your normal domestic calls so 2 monthly bills you would need to account for.

Falcon

Strictly speaking Voip is illegal in Thailand although many people use it. We are Voip service providers and can get DID's for most countries but unfortunately Thailand is not one of them.

As things are at the moment then one way would be to set up your Thai number to divert to another country as others have pointed out but I would think the cheapest would be to divert to Singapore and then set up a Voip with a Singapore number which when you take your router calls you anywhere in the world.

I use Ekiga under Linux, and they use Diamond Worldwide Communications Service for calling out to land lines.

They have recently added a Thailand access number.

It costs about USD $120/year for the number, + about USD $0.017/min to the USA for calls.

The same rate/min if you use Ekiga to call a land line in the USA from most anywhere in the world.

I use Ekiga under Linux, and they use Diamond Worldwide Communications Service for calling out to land lines.

They have recently added a Thailand access number.

It costs about USD $120/year for the number, + about USD $0.017/min to the USA for calls.

The same rate/min if you use Ekiga to call a land line in the USA from most anywhere in the world.

Thanks for info but im not readyt to switch to linux i use too many windows programs for small tasks and they arent wine compatible.

The Thailand access number is what only one number? I need my own number !

Strictly speaking Voip is illegal in Thailand although many people use it ...

I hear this stated a lot, but if this is the case how can major companies like MaxNet openly offer voip service and voip equipment in their sales offices? Actually most of the internet providers offer VOIP service of some kind. True has TrueNetTalk, LoxInfo has CS Voice, TOT has TOTNetCall, CAT has Cat2Call. There's a fair amount of providers out there, and Voipthailand.com and others openly sell equipment.

I wonder if it is an old law that has been changed or a misinterpretation of current law, etc.

Strictly speaking Voip is illegal in Thailand although many people use it ...

I hear this stated a lot, but if this is the case how can major companies like MaxNet openly offer voip service and voip equipment in their sales offices? Actually most of the internet providers offer VOIP service of some kind. True has TrueNetTalk, LoxInfo has CS Voice, TOT has TOTNetCall, CAT has Cat2Call. There's a fair amount of providers out there, and Voipthailand.com and others openly sell equipment.

I wonder if it is an old law that has been changed or a misinterpretation of current law, etc.

Hi Just to clarify in the vast majority of countries you can use any Voip provider you wish. In Thailand there is Voip but only certain licenced companies all of whom exept from True and Loxinfo are either CATor TOT or subsidiaries of them.which are officially allowed to supply it and they are not allowed to give you a Thai DID but only to provide a means of point to pont Voip within Thailand.

We applied for a licence to market both Voip and broadband via satellite 3 years ago whenever we follow up the answer is always the same it is under consideation to allow NGO's to provide these services when you ask how long this might take ? oh not possible to give an answer on that..

We offer services at less than 2 euro cents a minute to Europe, USA, Canada & Russia and I think this is the main problem in that we would be at worst only 20% of the cost of any currently available service.

We offer services at less than 2 euro cents a minute to Europe, USA, Canada & Russia and I think this is the main problem in that we would be at worst only 20% of the cost of any currently available service.

Is there any reason that you couldn't advertise your service in Thailand and host the servers in Malaysia or Singapore? You'd not be providing Thai DID's, but you'd could probably provide cheaper rates for out of country calls than they provide. I use services from the US for a DID and the quality is excellent. A few dollars a month for the DID and unlimited inbound calls, 1 cent/minute for outbound calls. If you had premium bandwidth to the west from Singapore and other major cities, you could probably get quite a few customers from all over Asia that want at least a bit of control w/ the long distance QoS.

I also use some of the previously mentioned VOIP providers for Thailand calls, and the quality is excellent but the reliability is not 100%.

Hi Just to clarify in the vast majority of countries you can use any Voip provider you wish. In Thailand there is Voip but only certain licenced companies all of whom exept from True and Loxinfo are either CATor TOT or subsidiaries of them.which are officially allowed to supply it and they are not allowed to give you a Thai DID but only to provide a means of point to pont Voip within Thailand.

We applied for a licence to market both Voip and broadband via satellite 3 years ago whenever we follow up the answer is always the same it is under consideation to allow NGO's to provide these services when you ask how long this might take ? oh not possible to give an answer on that..

Thanks for the clarification, I wondered if it came down to DID because that's exactly what the big providers are NOT offering.

If your considering the use of these services for NGOs, i would keep security in mind. SIP is very easy traffic to monitor if security certs are not used, and they rarely seem to be.

2 euro cents is a good price but it's not 20% of any currently available service, at least for US calling. Mouthmun's rates to the US are 45 satong per minute, or a little less then 1 euro cents per minute.

Any idea what the laws are for using your own line as a personal DID on your own equipment (not reselling) ?

edit: typo

Edited by Veazer

Thanks for the clarification, I wondered if it came down to DID because that's exactly what the big providers are NOT offering.

If your considering the use of these services for NGOs, i would keep security in mind. SIP is very easy traffic to monitor if security certs are not used, and they rarely seem to be.

2 euro cents is a good price but it's not 20% of any currently available service, at least for US calling. Mouthmun's rates to the US are 45 satong per minute, or a little less then 1 euro cents per minute.

Any idea what the laws are for using your own line as a personal DID on your own equipment (not reselling) ?

edit: typo

The current prices I mentioned are Thai rates not what is available elswhere, we are only a small player some of the bigger operators that are selling millions of minutes buy in access at under 1/10th of a cent a minute and often offer free calling into the US.

Unless you are licenced in Thailand our understanding is that you are not allowed to advertise any type of telephone service, Having said that we do have clients offering property & golfing to Swedish, Dutch & Uk markets that have DID's for each country so that when their customers call LOS they only pay for a local call.

Anyone wanting further information is welcome to contact me.

Hi,

The Thailand access number is what only one number? I need my own number!

I have just found this site, you may want to go this route. Looks a little expensive to me but obviously depends on how much you need the Thai number. I have PM'd you the link as I dont think it will be allowed to be posted here. Company name is called mydivert (dot com) for anyone else interested in the same thing.

Hope it helps you get sorted.

Falcon

Hi,
The Thailand access number is what only one number? I need my own number!

I have just found this site, you may want to go this route. Looks a little expensive to me but obviously depends on how much you need the Thai number. I have PM'd you the link as I dont think it will be allowed to be posted here. Company name is called mydivert (dot com) for anyone else interested in the same thing.

Hope it helps you get sorted.

Falcon

Thanks Falcon very interesting link but as you say expensive DID's are usually around 7 to 10 euros but if it does what Cross Bones wants, then OK