Sheffield United

soihok

My posts here keeping this thread alive could be descripbed as "kicking a dying dog".

Which brings me round to Sheff U,s performance of late.

There is now a growing , rumbling of voices calling for Kevin Blackwells pants,,,I feel that his pants are best left where they ,I would,nt fancy his boots at this time however. All the critisism surrounds his selection of players,that forgive me if I,m wrong, gave the club a top six place until 10 of them were injured.

Result is a load of on loan players brought in and dont know who is living next door.

What would you expect.

I know that the play off last year was a disaster but we also had only 2 up front strickers ,,,,who were also on loan, apart from Jamie Wards red card.

Anyway, things aint cool in the Blades camp....................Watch this space!

You should never of let us have Brian Howard...what a class act he is :)

My posts here keeping this thread alive could be descripbed as "kicking a dying dog".

Which brings me round to Sheff U,s performance of late.

There is now a growing , rumbling of voices calling for Kevin Blackwells pants,,,I feel that his pants are best left where they ,I would,nt fancy his boots at this time however. All the critisism surrounds his selection of players,that forgive me if I,m wrong, gave the club a top six place until 10 of them were injured.

Result is a load of on loan players brought in and dont know who is living next door.

What would you expect.

I know that the play off last year was a disaster but we also had only 2 up front strickers ,,,,who were also on loan, apart from Jamie Wards red card.

Anyway, things aint cool in the Blades camp....................Watch this space!

great interview here with blacky "loosing it a bit" after the recent defeat at blackpool.

This same reporter had in the previous weeks been defending blacky from a barrage of fan critics.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...v_1/8302861.stm

Thanks for that highcol, yes he did lose it did,nt he.

Not sure what Seth the Radio Sheff reporter was wanting to hear , but he certainly p#ssed KB off.

Did,nt listen to that game , good, and was in Sepang for the Moto GP for the Cardiff game, which although The Blades lost, it sounded a better performance (apart from the defending) going by the match reports.

Mat Kilgallons time is up....he has totally lost interest as The Club cant meet his demand for a salary increase, the sooner he goes the better.

I,ll be up at 1.30 am on Tuesday, for a night on the radio to listening to Sheff Utd being torn apart by Newcastle though.

I,ll be up at 1.30 am on Tuesday, for a night on the radio to listening to Sheff Utd being torn apart by Newcastle though.

Then again , maybe not.

I,m to be whisked away to the far away hills near Pak Chong again , far from the madding crowd and interent connections.

Prehaps its a blessing really.

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened to the local derby between Barnsley and Sheff Utd. 2-2.

Very lucky to come away with a point as Utd sounded , quite dreadful, but its no surprise considering that the central defence had never played together before. Chris Morgan out on a suspension , a host of injury problems has resulted in a substitute coming on in the first half( because of Mat Kilgallons ligament injury,,,,again....so another key player out for some time) who had,nt played in over a year.

Fair play to Derek Geary....a long time out of the picture.

Ian Bennett made some great saves before going off first half with a broken thumb,, this leaves The Blades with only one goalie, and he is on loan from Blackburn.

So another injury.

Andrew Davies played the whole match injured, hobbling about in defense.

Good to see Ward back in there.

Midfield is sorely missing Nick Montgomery as Harper( ex-Reading) has turned out to be a waste of time,,,sadly.

All not well in the camp and there are calls for the managers head, which is probably the last thing the club should think about at this time.

Its a good time for a couple of weeks break now so the battered and bruised can heal a bit.

Just listened to the local derby between Barnsley and Sheff Utd. 2-2.

Very lucky to come away with a point as Utd sounded , quite dreadful, but its no surprise considering that the central defence had never played together before. Chris Morgan out on a suspension , a host of injury problems has resulted in a substitute coming on in the first half( because of Mat Kilgallons ligament injury,,,,again....so another key player out for some time) who had,nt played in over a year.

Fair play to Derek Geary....a long time out of the picture.

Ian Bennett made some great saves before going off first half with a broken thumb,, this leaves The Blades with only one goalie, and he is on loan from Blackburn.

So another injury.

Andrew Davies played the whole match injured, hobbling about in defense.

Good to see Ward back in there.

Midfield is sorely missing Nick Montgomery as Harper( ex-Reading) has turned out to be a waste of time,,,sadly.

All not well in the camp and there are calls for the managers head, which is probably the last thing the club should think about at this time.

Its a good time for a couple of weeks break now so the battered and bruised can heal a bit.

Looks like more $$ down the drain for me then, i fancied the Blunts this Year too...

Dont be too downhearted.

Its not even half way through the season.

If things start to gell a bit....sorry I mean ...a lot better , then who knows.

At the moment its pretty dire football......and dont say that its always been.

The spirit is there and last nights game demonstrated that, its just a very unfortunate time in the Blades camp right now.

Dont be too downhearted.

Its not even half way through the season.

If things start to gell a bit....sorry I mean ...a lot better , then who knows.

At the moment its pretty dire football......and dont say that its always been.

The spirit is there and last nights game demonstrated that, its just a very unfortunate time in the Blades camp right now.

I'm surprised that you said what you did about Harper, i thought he was a decent Player & would be a good Signing for you lot soihok..

So did I upon his arrival.

Remember that during the recent years when Reading had a good team , he was surrounded by good players.

The situation at The Lane now is that the whole team is a mixture old faithfuls (most are out due to injury/suspension) players bought such as Camara/Little who are in their 30,s , and at least 6 on loan players in each team that are , kind of distant relatives to one another.

The midfield requires a strong and commanding player that is able to create chances.

Sadly he has not prooved to be that player,,,,maybe he is knocking on a bit ( like me), I dont know.

Prehaps he needs more time to fit in better.

So the quicker Monty comes back in to take over the better.

We did manage to unload Brian Howard onto Reading, he was on and off most of the time but it was a surprise that he went.

I,m not prepared to start a negative atitude towards the team that Kev Blackwell puts out, or indeed towards the manager himself.

I listen to the Radio Sheffield live commentry to most games and afterwards there is a phone in, giving the chance for fans to have their say,, a lot of the comments are asking for the manager to go , but I think that taking into account the injuries , plus the cost of purchasing players left right and centre, he has no choice other than to go and look for on loan players, making the team virtually different each game. Its nonsense to call for the manager to go because of this.

Ched Evans is starting to come on form , but no worth the millions he was bought for.

Jamie Ward is our star player( just back from injury and Hendo the goalscorer...7 this year ).

The spirit in which the team played against Barnsley sounded great, the football was wasn,t. Other than good play by Ward and Henderson, Walker (on loan from Spurs) and Bennett until he broke his thumb and Bunn (on loan from Blackburn) was brought in.

Please correct me if some one finds some incorrect fact here as its all off the top of my head.

Cheers.

Ched Evans is another i thought would be a good Signing too, some City Fella's i know liked him but obviously with how things at City went, it was teh wrong time for him..

He looked capable enough whenever i saw him & i thought he had the potential to be a decent Player..

Brian Howard, is that the little Fella who scored teh winner for Barnsley at Anfield a couple of Seasons back ??

I'm as impressed with Howard as much as you are with Harper...maybe things would have been better left as they were.

We beleive we are missing his 100% commitment on the pitch...which the players there now just don't seem to have.

I don't think we will go down, but staying up is realistically our only objective now this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Confirmation that Sheffield United will not make a play off position in the Championship this year was made with a second loss this season to struggling Scunthorpe at Bramall Lane yesterday.

A dreadful run of injuries yet again and the fact that the side is made up of a load of on loan players means we are going no where and don't deserve to.

The boo,s rang out at full time and a lot of the frustration is being directed at Kevin Blackwell, whether he is the cause of all the injuries or not. Its difficult seeing him staying at the end of the season and things are in ( or should be) for a turn around this summer.

As our season is more or less closed now , I would like to see more of the clubs younsters play in the first team in the remaining games , not these loan players as they will all be gone again soon. Time to give the young Blades a run out and test the water. The manager would receive some praise for doing this....we have next season to look to as this one is finished.

The club need to get away from all these injuries and stop being dependent on loan signings, we will get no where like that ,,,just as the last years play off final. Both up front were on loan.

Well, we will not go up or down this year.......I wonder if Wham will join us down here ? Looking likely eh !

Edited by soihok

Confirmation that Sheffield United will not make a play off position in the Championship this year was made with a second loss this season to struggling Scunthorpe at Bramall Lane yesterday.

& confirmation that i'll never want the Blunts to win again after losing me $ for the second Year in a row.. :)

Edited by MSingh

Believe me, I,m as disappointed as you.

If Kevin Blackwell is still the manager next year.....put your money elsewhere, cos if he is we sure ain't going anywhere.

But you are still ahead of us, (although we have 2 games in hand).....anything is possible, Leicester have lost 3 on the spin, someone always makes a late charge and then gets promoted

Last 2 seasons its been Hull and Burnley, they were 9-10th with ten games to go and found themselves in the Premier League :D

Don't give up hope mate :)

Believe me, I,m as disappointed as you.

If Kevin Blackwell is still the manager next year.....put your money elsewhere, cos if he is we sure ain't going anywhere.

But you are still ahead of us, (although we have 2 games in hand).....anything is possible, Leicester have lost 3 on the spin, someone always makes a late charge and then gets promoted

Last 2 seasons its been Hull and Burnley, they were 9-10th with ten games to go and found themselves in the Premier League :D

Don't give up hope mate :)

Hello Pauly.

Truth be told ,,,,they have not got the quality to do it.

Reading on the other hand was all doom and gloom before the new year wasn't it? Look at the position now with two games in hand, on a good run and I think that you,re club has more of a chance to get there.

Sheff Utds in a mess now, fans are turning on the manager and gisgruntled with the chairman for his prolonged absence and silence for months now.

Sold the best players and left with a different team of on loan players that changes from game to game.

Whether the manager is to blame for the injuries is not really fair, but its never ending. The signings that have been made are poor. This is down to the purse strings, as the chairmans personnel businesses have "reportedly"took a dive.

Good luck at Ipswich,,,,but I doubt you,ll need it.

• 2 weeks later...

The stage is set for a fight for life next Sunday as Sheffield United will beat Sheffield Wednesday away.

This would probably seal The Owls fate and relegate them in the process (depending on how Palace and Scunny do) ,,,,,oh the anticipation,,,I can't wait.

The last game of the season will see Sheff W play Cardiff away, hardly inspiring for them.

So they have everything to play for next week while The Blades ain't going anywhere,...which sums up their season really.

CHEERS

• 4 weeks later...

A great result away from home yesterday courtesy of Ipswich, who had a player sent off.

This was the first win United have had away from home since December 5 !!

The day was perfectly rounded off by watching Sheff Wed get relegated live on TV, oh the joy.

The result was an invaded pitch and the Sheff Wed fans demolished their own tunnel !

Palace fans were celebrating on the pitch behind the goal. Which in turn led to Sheff Wed fans showing their true selves...........

Shameful.

According to The Sheffield Star they also punched a palace player, who ever did it wants banning for life, saying that its probably a good thing being barred from hillsbro, it means you don't have to watch em. I hope we go up in the play offs so we can beat em next year... :)

Yes mate.

It,s a great experience beating Pinky and Perky.

I didn't know the Palace players were attacked though........what a bunch of tits.

Edited by soihok

Shocking.

Not only does it give the supporters in general a bad name, but the name of Sheffield itself.

But I know you will probably agree on that front eh thaimiller.

I think a correct punishment is further relegation to the second without passing go and collecting 200 quid.

Straight to jail in fact. :)

Edited by soihok