Who's Gonna Watch The Aussies Flog The Poms

Blinky Bill

I'm sure Chas at Tuskers will be tuning in to see his team get thrashed by the mighty Aussies in the final Ashes Test next Thursday.

The series now stands at 1 win each and 2 draws. The mighty Aussies need only a simple draw to retain the Ashes but no doubt Ricky Ponting and his valiant team of heroes want a convincing win just to show the Poms who's the boss on their own turf.

Sandy will have it on at the UN Irish as well, no doubt.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Chas at Tuskers will be tuning in to see his team get thrashed by the mighty Aussies in the final Ashes Test next Thursday.

The series now stands at 1 win each and 2 draws. The mighty Aussies need only a simple draw to retain the Ashes but no doubt Ricky Ponting and his valiant team of heroes want a convincing win just to show the Poms who's the boss on their own turf.

In answer to your question in the thread title, I doubt that very many of us will still be alive by the time that happens..!

And you might want to change your 'motto' at the bottom to '..using up the leftovers'..?

Just joking. It should be a good game and may the best team win..!

:)

The 'mighty Aussies' without McGrath and Warne look pretty ordinary and it seems to me they are making hard work of beating a side that is in fact (dare I say it) more ordinary. Both sides bowlers have been found wanting and in the last test so many England batsmen were out 'caught' that I'd put then in the bloody nets 24/7 until the final test starts!

Win The Ashes by all means dear chap.....but they stay at Lords I believe, so as Ann Robinson would say......"you leave with nothing".

The might ozzies???

win 1 test out of 4,what sort of joke is this

That team of yours is one of the worst i have ever seen,should be ashamed of yourselves,but we do know that it doesnt take much to beat an english cricket team.If i was a kangaroo i would be worried at the lack of talent in your country

The 'mighty Aussies' without McGrath and Warne look pretty ordinary and it seems to me they are making hard work of beating a side that is in fact (dare I say it) more ordinary. Both sides bowlers have been found wanting and in the last test so many England batsmen were out 'caught' that I'd put then in the bloody nets 24/7 until the final test starts!

Win The Ashes by all means dear chap.....but they stay at Lords I believe, so as Ann Robinson would say......"you leave with nothing".

Perfect post mate.

Who gives a flying eff about the ashes,take it away,must stink by now.

Perfect post mate.

hip hip hooray !

The Bloke Up Your Arse

For it isn’t your sheila or mucker or strife

Whose judgment gets right up your arse.

The bastard whose verdict counts most in your life

Is the one sledging you back to the past.

Don’t come the Plum Warner or W G

And make out you’re real dinki di,

The bloke up your clacker’ll drop you down dunny

If you can’t squiz him right in the eye.

The dial to appease, bugger the MCC,

Will voodoo your quince to take the final Test.

We’ll sledge you till you’ve karked it, RIP

- ’cos us Aussies’ll have rippered the rest.

Poms cringe before playing matches,

Shonky bludgers let loose the bowels of fear:

No drama, dead certs to throw up the Ashes,

They can’t cheat the green baggies between their ears.

an adaptation of The Man in The Glass originally written in 1934 by American Peter ‘Dale’ Wimbrow Senior and used by Zimbabwean Duncan Fletcher, England coach to motivate the team at the final test in 2005 against Australia (The Coach’s Story: Ashes Regained, Duncan Fletcher) …..

Hey ho Blinky et al.

Yes can't wait for the big finale at the Oval starting on Thursday.

Momentum has switched yet again and now the Green Baggies have the edge especially as they only need the draw but Freddie is back and well rested for his last ever test match and we all know what he can do when his blood is up so bring it on.

The might ozzies???

win 1 test out of 4,what sort of joke is this

That team of yours is one of the worst i have ever seen,should be ashamed of yourselves,but we do know that it doesnt take much to beat an english cricket team.If i was a kangaroo i would be worried at the lack of talent in your country

Easy fella.

Although not the team we once were, last time I checked

we were still ranked number 1 in the world. That's nothing

to be ashamed of.

And what may I ask team do you support?

Regards

Will

Perfect post mate.

If you don't give a flying eff about them

why are you replying to the thread?

Aussie Aussie Aussie....oi oi oi!!

Will

The phone rings in the australian Cricket Team's changing room.

"G'day. Could I speak to Ricky Ponting, please?"

"Aww, look, sorry mate, he's just gone out to bat."

"Oh, that's alright, mate. I'll hang on."

Cheers,

Pikey. (British born & bred!)

Fair Dinkum you gotta love the Poms, their argument is the aussies are piss weak cos they couldnt thrash the pommy team 5 nil. Seems Freddy is the England team, the rest are loose associates like their supporters.

Edited by waza

australian_flag_2.jpg

Nice colonial flag. That British thing in the top left hand corner certainly dominates. :)

Sure does, but the england bit is hardly noticeable. PS: coiuldnt resist getting another post with the mighty aussie flag in it, come on aussie

Edited by waza

The phone rings in the australian Cricket Team's changing room.

"G'day. Could I speak to Ricky Ponting, please?"

"Aww, look, sorry mate, he's just gone out to bat."

"Oh, that's alright, mate. I'll hang on."

Cheers,

Pikey. (British born & bred!)

Give Ricky a break, he's Tasmanian. How hard must it be to keep your eye on the ball with two heads?

australian_flag_2.jpg

Nice colonial flag. That British thing in the top left hand corner certainly dominates. :)

Sure does, but the england bit is hardly noticeable. PS: coiuldnt resist getting another post with the mighty aussie flag in it, come on aussie

Nice try.

As far as I can see - apart from the plain ROYAL blue background the cross of St George is the most prominent feature.

Please remember to stand up for both your anthem's. :D

Nice try.

As far as I can see - apart from the plain ROYAL blue background the cross of St George is the most prominent feature.

Please remember to stand up for both your anthem's. :)

Hmmm. I'm working on a response.

My mate went to Australia and felt when he was called a Pom or Pommie by a Aussie it was meant as an insult anyone else see it that way if so maybe we will have to start calling them Crims :D

More fun watching :) paint dry.

Most fortunately for you, hmficc, you live in a free world and no one will be forcing you to watch the game.

(hmficc? Her Majesty's <deleted>***ng incompetent cricket club?)

(Reason for edit: Thought of a better acronym)

Edited by Blinky Bill

"That team of yours is one of the worst i have ever seen,should be ashamed of yourselves,but we do know that it doesnt take much to beat an english cricket team.If i was a kangaroo i would be worried at the lack of talent in your country"

I replied purely to tell you how poor your team is compared to earlier ones

Thanks for the tip.

boring sport for boring people

Bit of a sweeping statement mate.

g,day

Mate, for someone who has no interest or liking for the game,

you sure want to talk about it.

You may not be a kangaroo but you sound like a goose.

Lighten up fella.

Regards

Will