Who's Gonna Watch The Aussies Flog The Poms

Blinky Bill

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the wonderful song 'Advance Australia Fair' (whatever that means), will be sung at The Oval by that great master of the Australian language, Kevin Wilson, in order to provide lyrics that the Australian team and supporters can relate to. It seems that any song without a line that strings together F$%&, TIT and Sheila is not culturally recognisable to our Aussie friends. (Oh maybe add 'girt' just to confuse them) :)

To be fair, the main reason the Aussies are up is because England showed them far too much respect and didn't go for the jugular (like the Aussies would typically do), although reckon 1-1 is about right as they were lucky not to go down in taffland. Clarky is superb, though. It'd be nice if England could have a batsmen of his calibre... also seems like a nice bloke, whereas little Ricky with all his 'not in the spirit of the game' whining is quite pathetic. Btw, did anybody else catch Haddin with his "mind your f*cking elbows" at Broad? :D

Should be good unless the dear old rain comes to the aid of the bread nickers again. :)

More fun watching :) paint dry.

Most fortunately for you, hmficc, you live in a free world and no one will be forcing you to watch the game.

(hmficc? Her Majesty's <deleted>***ng incompetent cricket club?)

(Reason for edit: Thought of a better acronym)

Well Bunky Bill do you think the MAKE political prisoners in North Korea watch? Any "spot in which they take a tea break, well hmmm...

Like ashes in your mouth I would say. :D

Well Bunky Bill do you think the MAKE political prisoners in North Korea watch? Any "spot in which they take a tea break, well hmmm...

Like ashes in your mouth I would say. :)

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. But what are you trying to say? You've thoroughly confused me, but that's not difficult, even for an amateur like yourself.

I'm sure Chas at Tuskers will be tuning in to see his team get thrashed by the mighty Aussies in the final Ashes Test next Thursday.

The series now stands at 1 win each and 2 draws. The mighty Aussies need only a simple draw to retain the Ashes but no doubt Ricky Ponting and his valiant team of heroes want a convincing win just to show the Poms who's the boss on their own turf.

Sandy will have it on at the UN Irish as well, no doubt.

BB, for my money the poms will have their <deleted> whipped. The only thing meaner than an Aussie test cricketer (with his back to the wall) is an All Black (who sadly it seems have had their mean streak watered down recently)

Between NZ and OZ there are no two other sporting nations on the planet who can come within a bull's roar of the two said nations. I am saying it and when you see BB you can argue about it all you like. "I'm the talker, he's the walker"

Maybe I am straying from the subject at hand but Anna Sharipova and also Anna Kournikova either of whom could have sat on my bed. Or something like that. How did we get on to tennis, maybe in my subcon I was thinking about the water prices at the Red Lion :)

You're OK BB for an true dinkum Aussie.

Still waiting for some contact's from "your black book" :D

Edited by john b good

BB, I gotta say that you have a way with words.

What was your last job ? Professor of linguistics at what institution of higher learning.

You would give Sam Hunt (yes Hunt is correct) a run for his money

jbg, subtleness and diplomacy are just a few of my better attributes.

Those pommie bastards are going down.

BB quote; "Those pommie bastards are going down".

That's better BB, speak in language your comrades will recognise - couldn't you have managed to squeeze a firkin, TIT and a sheila in there, just to make it even more understandable? :D

I do of course realise that these words of yours are merely a sign of friendliness toward your ruling nation, but I fully understand that you might not posess the skills required to articulate your sentiments in any other way - it's just the way colonials talk, nothing more, I understand. Australia is a young country (with girt of course) and during the development period it was made up of exclusively of extremely low class criminals that also had no mastery of the English language and therefore this strange language has developed...but it's improving, just look at how many expletives BB left out of the above sentence - a rare event indeed. I can almost understand it. :) So, all is well and in another 200 years as education develops, Microsoft might even be able to take 'Australian English' off it's spellchecker and replace it with 'English'.

Well, good luck Blinky old chap, this will be my last post before the great day - and if you beat us don't forget Freddy has a bad knee, Ramprakash (if he plays) is almost 40, Onions eyes keep watering and Strauss waves his bat like a baton as if conducting the bloody Blue Danube, so not too many deliveries just outside the off stump please (you know, the way McGrath used to do it).

Cheers, grab a stubbie me ole digger sport mate and g'day (whatever the hel_l that means). :D

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..........and if you beat us don't forget Freddy has a bad knee, Ramprakash (if he plays) is almost 40, Onions eyes keep watering and Strauss waves his bat like a baton as if conducting the bloody Blue Danube, so not too many deliveries just outside the off stump please (you know, the way McGrath used to do it).

Cheers, grab a stubbie me ole digger sport mate and g'day (whatever the hel_l that means). :)

Freddy has a sore leg? Sad.

Ramprakash, a great English name. Where does he hail from? Stratton-on-Avon?

Onions eyes keep watering? That's almost funny.

Strauss waves his bat like a baton? Well with a name like that I guess he's used to conducting a group.

You f#$%#$g, dum$#@se, wa%^$ng, whinging pommie c#$#s are gonna be slaughtered. :D

australian_flag_2.jpg

Nice colonial flag. That British thing in the top left hand corner certainly dominates. :)

if you ever get down to the great southern land ,,, on any clear night (which we do have many), just look up and you will see what dominates ,,,, its known all over the world as the SOUTHERN CROSS

cheers

egg

Not to fan the flames, but is it really true that Australia has the Queen of England on their money? :)

You mean the Queen of England and Australia?

Why not? - any country that has the Union Jack as a major part of their national flag and acknowledges the Queen (by referendum), should put her on their money. :D

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..........and if you beat us don't forget Freddy has a bad knee, Ramprakash (if he plays) is almost 40, Onions eyes keep watering and Strauss waves his bat like a baton as if conducting the bloody Blue Danube, so not too many deliveries just outside the off stump please (you know, the way McGrath used to do it).

Cheers, grab a stubbie me ole digger sport mate and g'day (whatever the hel_l that means). :D

Freddy has a sore leg? Sad.

Ramprakash, a great English name. Where does he hail from? Stratton-on-Avon?

Onions eyes keep watering? That's almost funny.

Strauss waves his bat like a baton? Well with a name like that I guess he's used to conducting a group.

You f#$%#$g, dum$#@se, wa%^$ng, whinging pommie c#$#s are gonna be slaughtered. :D

Oh Blinky you have such a way with words :) I'm sure you speak for all Aussies......hmm or is that, the same as all Aussies? :D

australian_flag_2.jpg

Nice colonial flag. That British thing in the top left hand corner certainly dominates. :)

if you ever get down to the great southern land ,,, on any clear night (which we do have many), just look up and you will see what dominates ,,,, its known all over the world as the SOUTHERN CROSS

cheers

egg

Been there many times mate - too bad there's nothing in the middle. :D

I love Queensland and have spent many a night getting 'rat arsed' in Mila Mila.....which is not an easy place to hold your own if you are a pom, but fair dinkum they respected me and gave me a good time. Met a nice lady there named Sheila.......yes and she did have big....and her dad owned a brewery. :D

Most fortunately for you, hmficc, you live in a free world and no one will be forcing you to watch the game.

As history tells us, Aussies are just pom exported criminals so it would be a case of self-flagellation. If cricket is that good why do you have to try to enlist people to watch it with you?

As history tells us, Aussies are just pom exported criminals so it would be a case of self-flagellation. If cricket is that good why do you have to try to enlist people to watch it with you?

And where may I ask did BB try to enlist anyone?

I thought he just just asked "who was going to watch it"?

Regards

Will

Regards

Will

Thanks Will. I guess Daveybabe can't read that well and is a bit blinded by the fact that those pommie gits are going to be humiliated.

Idiotic comments about pom exported criminals can be tolerated when they come from ignorant, uninformed individuals. Nuff said.

Not to fan the flames, but is it really true that Australia has the Queen of England on their money? :)

Yes she is our Queen too and in 1957 I stood for hours with thousands of other schoolchildren in Australia, in the boiling sun to wave to her as she sped past in the Rolls. I have only just forgiven her. However just imagine the value of the Oz dollar when William becomes King and his face appears on our currency. The value of the Austrailan dollar will soar. Queen Elizabeth is not that fussed about cricket and rarely attends a game she favours horseracing.

To be fair, the main reason the Aussies are up is because England showed them far too much respect and didn't go for the jugular (like the Aussies would typically do), although reckon 1-1 is about right as they were lucky not to go down in taffland. Clarky is superb, though. It'd be nice if England could have a batsmen of his calibre... also seems like a nice bloke, whereas little Ricky with all his 'not in the spirit of the game' whining is quite pathetic. Btw, did anybody else catch Haddin with his "mind your f*cking elbows" at Broad? :D

Should be good unless the dear old rain comes to the aid of the bread nickers again. :)

I would like to think that both English and Australian supporters are hoping for decent game. In fairness neither side can compare with sides from past Ashes campaigns,there have been some mediocre performances from both sides especialy England.If you enjoy English commentary ,not always about the game, BBC 5 will provide "live" commentary and think of the money you will save.

I would like to think that both English and Australian supporters are hoping for decent game. In fairness neither side can compare with sides from past Ashes campaigns,there have been some mediocre performances from both sides especialy England.If you enjoy English commentary ,not always about the game, BBC 5 will provide "live" commentary and think of the money you will save.

I agree - this Ashes series does not compare to days gone by - I hope both teams pull something out of the bag for the finale.

Talking of English commentaries can anyone remember the BBC commentary team when England were playing West Indies and it went......."The batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willey".....and then the whole commentary team cracked up. Who was it that actually said that line?

I agree - this Ashes series does not compare to days gone by - I hope both teams pull something out of the bag for the finale.

Talking of English commentaries can anyone remember the BBC commentary team when England were playing West Indies and it went......."The batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willey".....and then the whole commentary team cracked up. Who was it that actually said that line?

Was that with 1 ball remaining?

Up Theo's, have you heard the Billy Birmingham 12th Man recordings? Bloody hilarious.

Regards

Will

Thanks Will. I guess Daveybabe can't read that well and is a bit blinded by the fact that those pommie gits are going to be humiliated.

Idiotic comments about pom exported criminals can be tolerated when they come from ignorant, uninformed individuals. Nuff said.

No probs mate.

I just couldn't stand by and watch a fellow

Aussie cop an unwarranted bagging (especially

from a POM) :)

Will

To be fair, the Aussies did dominate for the best part

of 2 decades. You just can't replace players of the

calibre of Warne, McGrath and Gilchrist.

Warney and Gilly are "once in a generation" players.

I love listening to the BBC and the Pommie commentators

full stop. Davis Gower commentates like he batted,

full of grace and style.

Regards

Will

Was that with 1 ball remaining?

Up Theo's, have you heard the Billy Birmingham 12th Man recordings? Bloody hilarious.

If I received one in the goolies from Michael Holding there would be none remaining and my name would now be Maria!

Yes I had heard some of the 12th man recordings and this morning after opening up TV I took the opportunity to listen to some again on YT and I agree they are funny. Richie Benaud is very well liked by most Brit cricket fans, he was a great player, captain and as a commentator he's a gentleman....but the hair?

To be fair, the Aussies did dominate for the best part

of 2 decades. You just can't replace players of the

calibre of Warne, McGrath and Gilchrist.

Warney and Gilly are "once in a generation" players.

I love listening to the BBC and the Pommie commentators

full stop. Davis Gower commentates like he batted,

full of grace and style.

Regards

Will

For me, Warne was the best leg spinner I've seen.....no England cricket fan (who saw it) can ever forget the young Warne bowling Mike Gatting round his legs, with what must be one of the finest deliveries ever. You could hit Warne for a couple of sixes and he would just laugh, because I think he knew he would get the better of you eventually. McGrath was monotony personified, every ball was in the same spot, on a good length and off stump - a batsman's nightmare.

The British commentators are a good mixture of seriousness and humour and I also like Michael Holding now he isn't quite as serious as he used to be. I personally loved Richie Benaud commentating too. David Gower was indeed a most graceful batsman and now a very good commentator.

australian_flag_2.jpg

hel_l, we gave them their country, road and place names, language, history, literature, sport, their limited cuisine, the Union Jack on their flag, their head of state, what little culture they have and prisons. Then we populated the country with a bunch of convicts who badly mistreated their Abos and turned their country into the biggest slag heap and dust bowl in the world. And what did we get in return? Rolf Harris and his didgeridoo! They have produced nothing of real value or originality to the world, either technologically or culturally, including their beloved pies, chips and Vegemite. Even their Sydney Harbour bridge was built by a Yorkshire company and their Opera House designed by a Great Dane. Who are they? Well, we already have arthropods and anthropods in this world and now we have to put up with the whingeing ozzie ANTIPODS!