First Casualty

mrbojangles

As for Hughes, I think Man City will want a sexier manager

Well I'm just not available :)

I must admit, I'm still in 2 minds about Hughes. I thought (and still do) he had bought really good players over the summer. However, the new signings played better when they hadn't gelled. So, is the way we are currently playing, more down to his tinkering and technical strategy, than their own intuition as footballers? I'm not one for changing managers at the drop of an hat, so i hope we keep with him for a while. We'll have to see.

As for others. Yep, Megson has got to be having some sleepless nights at the minute and I think Zola is starting to reach out for the sleeping pills.

As for Hughes, I think Man City will want a sexier manager

Well I'm just not available :D

I must admit, I'm still in 2 minds about Hughes. I thought (and still do) he had bought really good players over the summer. However, the new signings played better when they hadn't gelled. So, is the way we are currently playing, more down to his tinkering and technical strategy, than their own intuition as footballers? I'm not one for changing managers at the drop of an hat, so i hope we keep with him for a while. We'll have to see.

As for others. Yep, Megson has got to be having some sleepless nights at the minute and I think Zola is starting to reach out for the sleeping pills.

Maybe Arry will become bored of the Spurs there Mr. BJ. He will fits the handsome definition as far as your team goes. :)

About Zola, yea I would agree except he is managing West Ham for free.

About Zola, yea I would agree except he is managing West Ham for free.

How do you mean ? :)

Not sure if Jimbo actually understands the position we're in & is kind of hinting at that but just to let you know Chaps, we are in an AWFUL financial position & are in NO position to be sackign Managers as that costs $$ & $$ is something we do not have any of, at all..

Expect to see a Fire Sale in January, Zola possibly walking & relegation for my beloved Hammers.

Thisn really are THAT bad & if the fire sale happens...........................

There's a million times more chance of that ^^ than him getting actually sacked.

• 3 weeks later...

Rodgers OUT at Reading :D

Magilton OUT at QPR

Laws OUT at Sheff Weds

Lot of clubs without managers in the Fizzy and a lot of Managers without jobs.

Personally I would like Curbishley at Reading, failing that Darren Ferguson or Southgate.

But with so many vacancies competition is gonna be stiff.

Whatever happens I DON'T want to see Hart, Ince, O'Leary, Souness, Sanchez, Jewell, Sturock, Magilton or Laws at the Mad Stad.

But I am quite sure that our tightfisted Chairman will go for whoever is the cheapest, we certainly ain't gonna be poaching a half decent manager as that will cost MONEY. :)

Oh well, time will tell

Edited by ThaiPauly

Rodgers OUT at Reading :D

Magilton OUT at QPR

Laws OUT at Sheff Weds

Lot of clubs without managers in the Fizzy and a lot of Managers without jobs.

Personally I would like Curbishley at Reading, failing that Darren Ferguson or Southgate.

But with so many vacancies competition is gonna be stiff.

Whatever happens I DON'T want to see Hart, Ince, O'Leary, Souness, Sanchez, Jewell, Sturock, Magilton or Laws at the Mad Stad.

But I am quite sure that our tightfisted Chairman will go for whoever is the cheapest, we certainly ain't gonna be poaching a half decent manager as that will cost MONEY. :)

Oh well, time will tell

Well TP if they want cheap then Sturrock would probably be the pick of that bunch (although he's had a move up stairs), can't see O'Dreary stepping down to the Fizzy, especially if the club hasn't got a spare 100 million for him to spunk on crap players. Souness looks like he has finally given up, and is just stalking Benitez for the fun of it. Hart has gone to QPR, Ince wont move, Jewell may be available (although doubtful if anyone will take him, his side kick Hutchings might be though), Magilton well he is probably going to be to tied up in legal stuff at present - so I guess you have the choice of.......Sturrock, Laws or Sanchez. :D On a serious note TP, I reckon you may promote within.

Hughers at a generous 2/1 to be next, as theyve no chance of a top 4 place with him in charge, but with another 50-100 million spent in January could still get there .... has any manager ever spent so much on so many average players?

Sad state of football when after 250 million or whatever it is he's spent that 4th is considered a success.

Edited by whichschool

I do concur that Hugehs will be getting more and more pressure. And possibly could go. I said when we got him and I still think that he is technically naive.

Sad state of football when after 250 million or whatever it is he's spent that 4th is considered a success.

However, we haven't spent nowhere near that and the sum just keeps on getting blown out of more and more preportion.

I still think top 6 will be a success this season for a team that has only just been put together. Look on the city thread and I said then that 6th would be a success and that is exactly what the City Chairman said.

hughes is geting criticism now for over-paying for players, and that isn't really his fault. soon as city show an interest in a player his genuine market value doubles. 22m for lescott was barmy though.

I can see where you are coming from with the price doubling, but the players he has bought on the whole are average, Given and Bellamy when he's fit look good and Adebayor was good at the start but from someone who isnt overly interested in watching City can you tell me who else is very good, and for the amount spent which must be near 250 million there should be a few outstanding players.

Still think its a good bet at 2/1

On a different note Ladbrokes have there very on Thai site www.ladbrokes.com/home/th

Edited by whichschool

I do concur that Hugehs will be getting more and more pressure. And possibly could go. I said when we got him and I still think that he is technically naive.

However, we haven't spent nowhere near that and the sum just keeps on getting blown out of more and more preportion.

I still think top 6 will be a success this season for a team that has only just been put together. Look on the city thread and I said then that 6th would be a success and that is exactly what the City Chairman said.

There must be a list of players he has bought somewhere, i'd say it got to be near 250 million, if the money Thaksin spent was included itd be way over.

If it was 200 million or whatevers been spent, 6th with the quality of player already on the City books would feel like Hughesy was extracting the Michael.

If i were wanting the best team in the world i'd go after the best manager in the world and leave it to some other club to bring him through, instead of throwing good money after bad with a manager that wasny my choice.