Money Exchange

Will be arriving at swampy after mid-night. Where is the nearest money exchanger? Is the one at the baggage carrosel open that late?

Thank you,Joe

Hey Joe:

I too am landing at midnight. Yes there is a carousel open this late at night; last time I did the late nite landing, they took almost 40 minutes to get our bags to the carousel, and the "signage" was horrible (it was right after the place had its grand opening) so it may be better. Also the restrooms were few and FAR in between.

Also, yes, there is an exchange open that late also. I believe its right after customs / immigration...

Thanks,

Randy

Edited by STEELINOX

Simple answer.

Swampy operates 24 hours.

Money exchange desks, food outlets.

Wait till you are out of airside, I believe the airside exchanges give less.

Dunno, could be wrong, was hearsay.

No worries.

Good luck, at that hour most touts will be gone home.

I think the one at the carousels is Siam Commercial Bank.

The nearest restrooms are next to the immigration lines. If you look to the right while in line, the wall there is where the restrooms are. Not sure if you can see the restrooms themselves, but do a sharp right after exiting immigration and then go right at that wall. There's a security checkpoint at the far end of that hallway/aisle that keeps people from going in or out of the area, but the bathrooms are before that checkpoint.

I should add that I'm referring to the immigration lines roughly in the middle of the baggage claim area.

Edited by Carmine6

Simple answer.

Swampy operates 24 hours.

Money exchange desks, food outlets.

Wait till you are out of airside, I believe the airside exchanges give less.

Dunno, could be wrong, was hearsay.

No worries.

Good luck, at that hour most touts will be gone home.

wish that was true. Last time I came in on a JAL flight that arrived at 1150pm and those jerks were all over the place.

...and the "signage" was horrible (it was right after the place had its grand opening) so it may be better. Also the restrooms were few and FAR in between.

I flew in this May and found signage lacking, in terms of which place to go for which kind of visa, but there were also quite a few people to help guide you...so ask, if needed.

The bathroom problem has been fixed. You will find enough.

Recently I've noticed that the airport money changers give less that their counterparts in town. I forget whether the one just past passport control gives less than the same bank out past customs. There are many open 24/7, change what you need for the night.

Where can one get the best baht-->USD exchange rate around BKK (outside the airport)?

Super Rich - Main Branch

http://www.superrich1965.com/app/index.aspx

I have not tried Super Rich, but if need one in Nana BTS area, I always find Vasu the best BY FAR. To quote another person who I agree with from another forum "If you are near the Nana skytrain station, I suggest you go to Vasu travel and money exchange. They always have the best rates in the area. They are located on the corner of Soi 7 and Sukhumvit, right below the skytrain station. The front of the business is a travel agency and in the back to your left is the money exchange.

Highly recommend them. thumbsup.gif I've been there and have seen large transactions. "

I can't confirm superrich, I tried them twice, and both times they were not as good as VASU.

VASU..... ?????????????

For an uninitiated one.

Mind you, unless changing heaps and being close to the appropriate S.R. branch, not worth the hassle.

In general I use Kasikorn when on Phuket.

TY

I can't confirm superrich, I tried them twice, and both times they were not as good as VASU.

Did you go to the main superrich branch on Ratchadamri? They have several and only the main one gives good rates. If Vasu beats that, it'd be good to know.

the airport exchange is ... always the worst exchange rate :)

but in genaral siam exchanges have to my eperianse had the best rates so far

there is a small dogy looking exchange near MBK that exchanges at better rates than most places

but just keep your eyes open and check the excange rates at diffrent places at diffrent times a day

it appears to me that rate goes up in evening time and gives you a better value for your $

but it changes dayly one day will be 28 + for your aud $ other days will be below

personaly i only change above 28 to the $