Spicey's On The Move

KevinHunt

Has anyone else heard that Spicey's is moving? The current place has been bought up so Spicey's is moving to Chiang Moi Rd on the same block as Mike's and Piggy's.

Spicey's 2, that was open briefly on Charoen Prathet Rd on the corner of the entrance to the Iron Bridge near Guitar Man, is re-opening as a Reggae Bar. Good luck to them, but if Spicey's couldn't make it there then I think it will be hard for a Reggae Bar to make a go of it.

You heard it here first. :)

The burning question is will they be displaying the all important 'NO RIFF RAFF' sign?

I don't think so - they'd be empty!!

But, (sorry to dissapoint you here) they do have a 'No Ladyboys' sign. Honestly.

Edited by KevinHunt

One of the benefits of them moving is you'll be able to use the 'Old Farts' line.....

'It's not the same as the old days. I remember when it used to be round the corner on the moat... really seedy place'.

And us Older Farts will be able to say 'I remember when it used to be round the back of there. Seedy!!! The place on the moat was hi-so compared to the original place out back. Spicy and Tangy it was called. Oh yes in them days you could ....................... for 100 baht! 

One of the benefits of them moving is you'll be able to use the 'Old Farts' line.....

'It's not the same as the old days. I remember when it used to be round the corner on the moat... really seedy place'.

And us Older Farts will be able to say 'I remember when it used to be round the back of there. Seedy!!! The place on the moat was hi-so compared to the original place out back. Spicy and Tangy it was called. Oh yes in them days you could ....................... for 100 baht! 

I'm already feeling nostalgic and misty eyed and look forward to many years reminiscing over "The Infamous Step"

100 baht!

20 baht in the back of a bamboo shack!

But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

Back then, we were so poor, we ......... etc.

Bamboo shack.....luxury!!....I used to dream of bamboo shack......... :)

The burning question is will they be displaying the all important 'NO RIFF RAFF' sign?

But, (sorry to dissapoint you here) they do have a 'No Ladyboys' sign. Honestly.

Interesting that the 'No Ladyboys' sign would catch your attention. I would not have noticed it. Why did you?

Interesting that the 'No Ladyboys' sign would catch your attention. I would not have noticed it. Why did you?

So, you obviously haven't seen Kevin in his Emily Howard 'out to tea' outfit?

emily_florence.jpg

emily_florence.jpg

:)

emily_florence.jpg

The secret's out now!! :)

Has anyone else heard that Spicey's is moving? The current place has been bought up so Spicey's is moving to Chiang Moi Rd on the same block as Mike's and Piggy's.

Spicey's 2, that was open briefly on Charoen Prathet Rd on the corner of the entrance to the Iron Bridge near Guitar Man, is re-opening as a Reggae Bar. Good luck to them, but if Spicey's couldn't make it there then I think it will be hard for a Reggae Bar to make a go of it.

You heard it here first. :)

they have stopped building work on the proposed move and i think they have a new lease in the original building now. so maybe in the future! still a few punch ups left in the old place and dont forget to leave your laptop lying around for mr sticky fingers! :D

And us Older Farts will be able to say 'I remember when it used to be round the back of there.

And some of us still refer to it as "Night Illusion". :)

It always sounded like "nice illusion" when spoken by Thais.

I visited the old spicy quite a few times but my memories are of drunk farang starting fights because someone had looked at their freelancer prostitute girlfriend. Used to be funny when the drunk farang 'hardman' tried to insult a Thai. I saw some serious violence at that place.

What's more important is will they be serving free water? :)

Dad.... :D

Hey there son, where have you been hiding? Not heard form you for ages. Off sends her love :D

What about On? :D

It was her night off, it was just Off that was working, On was off :D