Proof Of Uk Pension For Retirement Visa

Hi,

For the first time, ie. I'm a 60-year old virgin in these matters, I need a proof of UK pension amount for extending my current retirement visa.

Can anyone tell me:

1. What documents I need to take to UK embassy to get their letter?

I have two components to my teacher's pension - a 'Teacher's pension advice of payment' which looks very similar to a P60 and states what I get each month from 1 component. The other part of my pension is from additional contributions with Prudential and I have a letter with 'Payment details' showing how much I get each month. Are these sufficient or does the embassy require some other specific documents?

2. Does the letter/Thai immigration use gross income figures or net after tax?

3. How much does the embassy letter cost?

4. How long is the letter valid for? Ie. can I get it now for my visa extension application in December?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Tyke

Hi,

For the first time, ie. I'm a 60-year old virgin in these matters, I need a proof of UK pension amount for extending my current retirement visa.

Can anyone tell me:

I have two components to my teacher's pension - a 'Teacher's pension advice of payment' which looks very similar to a P60 and states what I get each month from 1 component. The other part of my pension is from additional contributions with Prudential and I have a letter with 'Payment details' showing how much I get each month. Are these sufficient or does the embassy require some other specific documents?

4. How long is the letter valid for? Ie. can I get it now for my visa extension application in December?

Many thanks in advance.

OK, the letter that the UK Embassy issues will be based on the cumulative documentation that you provide. Remembering that you need to show income of a minimum of 65,000 Baht equivalent/month (40,000 Baht/month if married to a Thai). If there are different income sources, such as in your case, that needs to be recognised by the UK Embassy.

Thai Immigration only use the figure provided in the letter from your Embassy (and this should be based on the gross amounts).

The cost of the letter can be found in the UK Embassy website.

If you're using pension(s) as a source of annual income, there should be no need to renew these every year, as they are fixed incomes.

The Embassy will want to see copies of the documents that states your pension(s) and/or income(s)

The letter will show the total gross monthly amount converted into Baht

The letter costs currently 2,088 according to the website + 100 baht if you want them to send it back to you by EMS

It can be requested by post

You must be registered at the Embassy. This can be done through their website

They will want to see a copy of your passport and the print out of the registration if you apply by post

If applying by post the total amount should be send to them in a postal money order payable at the Nan Post Office

If applying in person apply day 1 pick-up following work day (careful Friday only morning's open

The letter used to be good for several years at Thai immigration now it seems most want a new one each year

Some immigration offices want the letter to be real 'fresh' (less than 3 days old for Samut Prakan) but it varies and generally less than a few weeks old should do

Edited by Krub

Hi,

Can anyone tell me:

Many thanks in advance.

I recently used my UK Teachers Pension and Prudential annuity (AVC previously) along with monthly interest income from sterling offshore fixed deposits to get a British Embassy Income letter.

(I think your UK Teachers Pension, like mine, is paid into a UK or sterling (offshore) account?

In that case, simply send THREE recent monthly statements from your UK or offshore sterling account to the British Embassy.

They will write a letter confirming they have seen evidence of your UK income, and declare it in pounds sterling. Easy.

The cost is under 2000 baht. I did mine by Registered Post, and EMS return. Postal Orders needed, no cheques accepted.

When applying @ Immigration Office for the visa extension, I took the Embassy letter, together with a previous day printout of Baht/£ exchange rate from one of the major Thai banks. I did the conversion of income myself, on a copy of the income letter. Immigration accepted my printout, concurred my arithmetic and extended my visa within 30 minutes.