New Gay Social Group In Bangkok

There's a new gay social group in Bangkok. Information is available through "Meetup", a well-known online social networking portal that facilitates offline group meetings in various localities around the world. For information, Google for "Meetup". Under the "hit" for "Meetup", click on "Find a Meetup Group". Lastly, set the country to "Thailand" and the city to "Bangkok".

Here's the purpose of the Bangkok Gay Group on Meetup:

The Bangkok Gay Group's primary focus is to provide a relaxed, "non-pickup-scene" social environment for gay men. If you just moved to Bangkok or if you have lived here for a while, this group can be a great way to meet new people. Join us for happy hours, clubbing, gay-themed movies playing at Bangkok theaters, art gallery show openings, boat trips, railroad trips, tours and other social events around the Bangkok area.

The Bangkok Gay Group's primary focus is to provide a relaxed, "non-pickup-scene" social environment for gay men. If you just moved to Bangkok or if you have lived here for a while, this group can be a great way to meet new people. Join us for happy hours, clubbing, gay-themed movies playing at Bangkok theaters, art gallery show openings, boat trips, railroad trips, tours and other social events around the Bangkok area.

Or maybe you could try meeting some Local People??? WOW, how radical could that be?

Or maybe you could try meeting some Local People??? WOW, how radical could that be?

Just so you know, Lek, the above comment qualifies as a "flame", an unkind message, quite often deleted by the moderators, since it serves no purpose other than to be insulting to the OP, (and perhaps inflate your sense of ego?). Moderators have been known to block the accounts of offenders such as yourself, so... advice... think next time, before "flaming" :D so senselessly.

More directly... ease off. Lek, maybe we don't all have your time or talent (or cheerful personality) to have such a wonderfully full social life! Why is it that people like yourself are so quick to "put down" others who are looking to meet other people, enjoy the socializing, and expand their social network and group of friends?

Perhaps you don't know what it's like (since your nickname is Thai, and means "little") just how hard it can be, for a foreigner living in a foreign country, not able to speak the language, and living outside the Bangkok metropolitan area (as do I) [or work 7 days a week, like me] to actually come in contact with other Westerners, much less have the opportunity to talk, exchange ideas and stories, and (gasp!) make a friend.

I guess you're saying you have many many friends??? Good for you! Now time to stop being rude to others less fortunate, ok? :D

On a lighter note(!) [deep breath....] :D I originally logged in here today to add here, that Meetup also has MANY other somewhat specialized groups that I personally found interesting... and joined.

One is a coffee and movie enthusiasts group, which is meeting tonight, at Siam, after coffee, to see the new Brad Pitt movie... and there is another for American Expats, and yet another for people wishing to improve their English and / or Thai language skills...

I think these are a great ideas, and I hope tonight's meeting is fun, too.

And if this makes me a geek for "joining a group" to "meet other people", then so be it. So I'm a geek. :D I've been called worse.

Take care, all,

Pawpcorn

:)

• 3 weeks later...
There's a new gay social group in Bangkok. Information is available through "Meetup", a well-known online social networking portal that facilitates offline group meetings in various localities around the world. For information, Google for "Meetup". Under the "hit" for "Meetup", click on "Find a Meetup Group". Lastly, set the country to "Thailand" and the city to "Bangkok".

Sounds great :) I am just looking for some nice folk.

Not the over the top types I have been seeing too much of.

I met this really cool , gay friendly straight guy who owns a cool self defence gym here. I actually saw him in action disarming a local with a gun! I could not believe my eye's, it was like a hollywood movie!

And we've become friends as we live on the same soi. He made the very sensible suggestion that a little self -defence training goes a long way.

Maybe we could consider using his gym on soi 13 as sort of healthy meeting spot. What do you think?

Good luck with your new group. Can you give any breakdowns as to age and Thai/farang percentages of your group? And do you have any "target" ages in mind. I only ask this as the interests of varying ages do tend to differ markedly and I am not really into heavy clubbing anymore but do enjoy good food, conversation, and classical music.

Is it also open to frequent visitors? I enjoy Bangkok for everything that it is and plan on visiting every few months. After a few weeks, it gets a little lonely not being able to converse with someone and socialize.

Ciao