Home Schooling In Pattaya

funmanager

Dear All

We just settled down in Pattaya and lived in Na Klau. We have 2 kids - Girl aged 6 and Boy aged 2 who are homeschooler. Would like to meet other homeschoolers for fun and activities. All nationalities are welcome.

We speak Chinese, English and Thai.

Please PM me if interested.

Dear All

We just settled down in Pattaya and lived in Na Klau. We have 2 kids - Girl aged 6 and Boy aged 2 who are homeschooler. Would like to meet other homeschoolers for fun and activities. All nationalities are welcome.

Seems not too many practise home-schooling here.

Dear All

Seems not too many practise home-schooling here.

Might just be people being wary of such an offer.

My 15 year old son is homeschooled. He attends interhigh, a UK based online school. Exams are taken at the British Embassy.

Small classes, direct teacher contact, £185 per month.

If I was in the UK the local council would pay but I have to pay myself here. I feel it is a better education for the price than one of the local Pattaya schools.

Chris

This Interhigh schooling via the internet from home looks very interesting indeed we will be looking in to it further for our two children who are currently at a bi-lingual school here. They are quite happy at this school but we are not so sure about the standard of education they are getting.

What school are you children currently enrolled? My son was enrolled at Best in 2003, when the school was good. Now it's crap.

Barry

My Children were first at BEST, but I don't want to go into that and start another anti-BEST thread.

Now they are at REPS (Baan Chang) and they are loving it.

I also have to say the staff is enthusiastic and they take educating serious.

For us it is however 160km per day and in our situation are all the hours of Thai education they are getting a bit of a waist of time.

We never heard of interhigh until this thread.

It seems a very good option and we are looking into it right now.

• 1 year later...

Hi

We are new here. looking for a kindergarden for our 3 years old and some mates to our 1 year old baby.

What are the options for those ages ? the children not speak english and right now we are at home together with our niceThai nani.

It feels like the best option for us - to do some homeschooling, although the kids realy need some freinds and communal enviarment.

What we should do ?? Are they any after school group activity? for us to meet some freinds here??

Realy need you advise on that one.....

thanks,

hadas

I was pointed to "time 4 learning" which can be used for homeschooling, or in addition to school. It's USD20/mo and is based on a US curriculum. For just math, I was recommended to look at aleks which is also the same 20/mo.My friend has homeschooled his daughter with these two and she is currently one year ahead of her age group.

Hi

We are new here. looking for a kindergarden for our 3 years old and some mates to our 1 year old baby.

What are the options for those ages ? the children not speak english and right now we are at home together with our niceThai nani.

It feels like the best option for us - to do some homeschooling, although the kids realy need some freinds and communal enviarment.

What we should do ?? Are they any after school group activity? for us to meet some freinds here??

Realy need you advise on that one.....

thanks,

hadas

Some of the schools have 'playgroups' for younger children. Try Montessori or if that is too far away from you Phoenix on Sukhumvit.

Or go to Wiggle Town if it is still open? On Sukhumvit also. They have babies and toddlers times and you can meet other parents.

For the 3 year old try the cages in the supermarkets like Carrefour and Tesco, there's usually a few kids in there to play with, especially at weekends.