Refrigerator Buying - Where?

Kromaxx

Hey all. My old fridge is a goner, too old to repair it. I was wondering where is a good place to get a medium sized refrigerator that it not too expensive. Looking for somewhere around 4000-5000 baht, if not cheaper.

Anyone know of any good used places?

Is Big C or Index good places to start or should I just avoid them?

Thanks

hiya.

there are at least ten secondhand shops along the green line between chiang puak gate and the wat pa pao corner of the moat .

they sell all sorts of fridges tvs dvd players stereos tools bikes in fact you name it you will probably find one somewhere here

good luck .... dave2

ps ... when they deliver your new one give them your old one ... they will repair it / paint it and sell it to someone else tomorrow : )

~

We have ended up getting our appliances at HomePro since they have frequent sales and the best follow-up service. In fact, we now use them for service on all of our large appliances, even those purchsed somewhere else. At least that has been our experience with the one next to the new BigC on Hangdong Rd..

Siam TV, previously mentioned, is also highly recommended for anything electrical or electronic.

Good luck if you go with second hand...

Central and Robinsons can often be the cheapest for electrical type goods.

Iain

I would avoid Power Buy (in Robinsons) I have bought a bunch of stuff there, plazma TV, AC, a good bed and apart from the bed they fcuked up everything.

They had to get Saha Panich to get the AC working as they "didn't know how"

AND you can't really do much to <deleted> up a bed can you "but then I guess anything is possible in the realm" :)

As has been noted, Big C, Carrefour, Lotus, Siam TV are all OK (I think !!, "and, I have bought a bunch of stuff from Siam TV")

Edited by john b good

We live near KSK and buy all our appliances at Central. We're in the store several times a week (best toilet in KSK) and can browse and see when items go on sale. The few times we've had a problem, they've resolved it quickly and they deliver to our condo and set up a new appliance at no charge. We may not always be paying the lowest price in CM, but we haven't invested song taew fare and can quickly walk to Central if we have a problem or questions. Plus, the staff recognizes us and knows we'll be back to buy more stuff.

Incidentally, I just love the little refrigerator we got at Central a few months ago. We store all our soft drinks, beer and water in it and use it like an end table between our reading chairs. It's made it much easier to deal with the refrigerator in the kitchen that came with the condo. That reefer is small by American standards and had room for just two days of food when it had to accomodate our liquid refreshments, too. Now I can put four or five days of food in the kitchen reefer and we can open a beer from our little reefer without getting up our reading chairs!