Taxi From Bts Onnut To Suvarnabhumi Airport

miodo2009

It, of course, depends on traffic and the route taken. Taking the direct route up On Nut and assuming that traffic is good probably around 170 baht. I live on On Nut three kilometers up from the BTS and pay around 140 baht to the airport.

Sophon

It, of course, depends on traffic and the route taken. Taking the direct route up On Nut and assuming that traffic is good probably around 170 baht. I live on On Nut three kilometers up from the BTS and pay around 140 baht to the airport.

Agree with this post.

I always take taxi at corner of Sukhumivt Soi 75/1 and it cost me around 185 baht give or take 10 depending on traffic. Always tell taxi to take OnNut road and use the meter.

Travel time can vary from 30-45 minutes depending on traffic and driver.

Edited by ballbreaker

I've not tried taking a taxi from On Nut, but I think the quickest way off the BTS is at Ploenchit station on the side of road with gas station. If you take a taxi from there, it's only about 50 meters to the toll gate entrance to highway, and then by highway to airport is only 25 - 30 minutes with low chance of traffic tie-ups. Cost by taxi meter is about 200 baht with 65 baht for tolls.

If you don't have a lot of luggage, and can take BTS to Ploenchit, I think this is the most efficient way by taxi to airport.

I agree with the comment about Ploenchit (or if you are in the Nana area catch one form the west bound carriageway of Sukhumvit before it crosses soi Nana). Very fast and not worth taking a BTS from Nana to On Nut then taxi, unless you have time, can cart luggage up and down BTS steps and want to save say 70 baht (one passenger - or 40 baht if two passengers).

Have done both options many times from Nana/Sukhumvit soi 6 and the costs/time typically are 200-230 baht and 45 minutes to 1 hour via BTS to On Nut (including one BTS fare). 270-300 baht and 25 to 35 minutes taking the taxi from that part of Sukhumvit (includes 70 baht tolls).

The BTS option will need to be reevaluated when the line is extended further south east. I suspect it may become quicker to go one or two stops beyond On Nut and take a taxi from there

The BTS option will need to be reevaluated when the line is extended further south east. I suspect it may become quicker to go one or two stops beyond On Nut and take a taxi from there

Taking the BTS one or two stops beyond On Nut will bring you further away from the airport. You would either have to go on to the Bangna-Trad highway or double back to On Nut, either way will be further than getting off at On Nut station and going up On Nut.

If the traffic is really bad, then it could make sense timewise to go further than On Nut on the BTS. But the outbound traffic on On Nut is rarely too bad.

Sophon