Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. from the horses mouth this was a set up "corrections I am making to the scripts. "

'Scripts' is an abbreviation for 'transcripts'.

So the producer admits there were scipts

'Scripts' is an abbreviation for 'transcripts'..

The producer is a scumbag. As much as I dislike people like JJ, the whole thing was a set up and the producer did a runner and wouldnt face up to the fact he scripted it, JJ is in trouble that even his uncle probablly cant get him out of and the producer is covering his ass, job etc.

'Scripts' is an abbreviation for 'transcripts'.

The Jetski incident definatley a set up, who would threaten someone on camera with a gun?

Don't know Thais very well, do you? Many of them love to bignote themselves and normal rational thought is not their strong point.

The marines say it is not a setup. The producers say it was not a setup. The Thais say it was (what a surprise), and so do you.

Personally? I believe the marines and the producers.

BTW, sorry to be pedantic but the correct spelling is 'definitely'.

Edited by KevinBloodyWilson

Alright Kev, well if my spelling discredits my argument in your opinion then so be it you must revel in your god like status as an English teach in Thailand LOL. Maybe you could volunteer to be tourist police then you can really ruffle your feathers.

It does seem rather strange that JJ would openly extort money from 8+ marines in front of a TV crew. It is even more strange that he had previously been interviewed on the subject.. and would then CALL the TV producer to get him down there to show him extorting money from the marines! Or perhaps you think the marines did actually damage the jet ski, which is an opinion I can accept.

Alright Kev, well if my spelling discredits my argument in your opinion then so be it you must revel in your god like status as an English teach in Thailand LOL. Maybe you could volunteer to be tourist police then you can really ruffle your feathers.

It does seem rather strange that JJ would openly extort money from 8+ marines in front of a TV crew. It is even more strange that he had previously been interviewed on the subject.. and would then CALL the TV producer to get him down there to show him extorting money from the marines! Or perhaps you think the marines did actually damage the jet ski, which is an opinion I can accept.

Chemtrails.......

Ghosts..........

UFOs.........

This was only the first episode. The Thailand Tourist Ministry will likely be seething by the time all eight have aired.

Too Right!

They will most probably re-edit each episode and cut out all the bits making the Thais look bad and just keep the ones with the foreigners misbehaving - that would keep the Thais happy.

A lot of it is acted anyway. There should be a law to prevent that, if they are presenting something as real then it should be.. otherwise isn't that fraud?

I can see all this having very bad consequences for us. The Thais are certainly reacting... a day or so later (after viewing)... no more back to back tourist visas... then clampdown on full moon parties. What is next?

Chemtrails.......

Ghosts..........

UFOs.........

Invisible friends.......

The whole thing (show) is crap & especially so since it is being aired publicly (making money for someone).

1] Never believe any sensational rubbish on television. If it hasn't got someone like Richard Attenborough in it, it's not "real life"...it's sensationalised.

2] If foreign Tourist Police wish to do something really great for the "community", they need to learn First Aid & be able to administer it properly & effectively.

3] I'm of the opinion that foreign Tourist Police need to be much better than Thai police. What I mean is that they should not be overweight, should know all the "rules" off by heart, should take a strong stand against any form of corruption & should be able to exercise compassion.

Besides that, it was good to see Kramer & George in the first video clip :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbFAqKpGV8M

This was only the first episode. The Thailand Tourist Ministry will likely be seething by the time all eight have aired.

Too Right!

They will most probably re-edit each episode and cut out all the bits making the Thais look bad and just keep the ones with the foreigners misbehaving - that would keep the Thais happy.

A lot of it is acted anyway. There should be a law to prevent that, if they are presenting something as real then it should be.. otherwise isn't that fraud?

I can see all this having very bad consequences for us. The Thais are certainly reacting... a day or so later (after viewing)... no more back to back tourist visas... then clampdown on full moon parties. What is next?

Why would the show's owners want to re-edit it so as the Thais do not look bad??

The more contraversy and subsequent interest the program creates will mean it can be be sold worldwide for a higher price - that is how the media industry works. What is more likely is those involved in its production and the participants will be hung out to dry, JJ (hopefully) will get his just deserts, sounds like Gavin the cameraman is being sacrificed and it begs the question not what, but who is next?

I agree there will be bad consequences and the Thais will react. Remember when that Belgian tv doc was shown a year or so ago? Soi 6 was under curfew for at least.......................... a week :)

Here's another 10 minutes of uncut-unedited footage from the boatyard confrontation that wasn't shown in Epsiode 1>>>

...and one of JJ's coworkers taking 40000baht off some American Marines just a few days after the British Marines confrontation. JJ is at the start of this video>>>

Edited by phuketrex

OK. from the horses mouth this was a set up "corrections I am making to the scripts. "

The producer is a scumbag. As much as I dislike people like JJ, the whole thing was a set up and the producer did a runner and wouldnt face up to the fact he scripted it, JJ is in trouble that even his uncle probablly cant get him out of and the producer is covering his ass, job etc.

The Jetski incident definatley a set up, who would threaten someone on camera with a gun?

....the script is what the narrator says between and during each case on the actual program, not a script for the participants in each scene.

You still haven't answered my question? What was wrong with YOU being filmed?

I just find it somewhat ironic that it came from the man who makes his "living" filming all manner of people without their permission :)

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Alright Kev, well if my spelling discredits my argument in your opinion then so be it you must revel in your god like status as an English teach in Thailand LOL.

There you go. Try to help someone out and this is what happens. Ingrate.

... It does seem rather strange that JJ would openly extort money from 8+ marines in front of a TV crew. It is even more strange that he had previously been interviewed on the subject.. and would then CALL the TV producer to get him down there to show him extorting money from the marines! Or perhaps you think the marines did actually damage the jet ski, which is an opinion I can accept.

Probably. They traversed time backwards, damaged the jetski so it looked like old damage then traversed themselves right back again. Just to make a bunch of perfectly decent, hard working Thais look bad. Yep, that'll be it. :)

Edited by KevinBloodyWilson

As for the marines, I want to be clear. I DID NOT advocate that they resort to violence (although I wouldn't blame them if they had). My point was more of poise and reactions. The boys acted shit scared and weak. I was under the impression that soldiers were to be not only physically tough, but mentally as well. I'd have liked to see more backbone from these boys. When the guy brought out the firearm, there was a chorus of terrorized groans. The Thais were outnumbered and someone of the Brits could have said: "If you start to use that, you might get one shot off before we kill you. And you know we can."

I just think they should have stood up for themselves more.

My take on this is that the marines (both US AND UK) didn't want any trouble. Most of those guys enjoy serving in the military, are professionals and don't want to be court marshaled and kicked out. Had the sitiuation escaleted to violence, I'm sure their training would have kicked in and they would have "defeated" the Thai thugs. Do remember that moat Thai scammers have little to fear from the authorities (yeah "JJ" probably paid a B500 fine) but the Marines are probalaby already in hot water with their respective commanders, not to mention being out a considerable amount of hard earned pay...

hahaha I love this program and cant wait for part 2 tomorrow night! I would like to know how the thai authorities are going to stop it being aired on a UK satellite channel though :)

Id also like to point out that having seen those un cut clips of the marines they didnt seem phased at all and to be fair to JJ the guy who had hired it even admitted to having a collision with one of his mates...

Are these the USMC non-pussies? :)

I thought he was going to give the guy a BJ while he was down there bowing and scraping lol !!!! :D

Penkoprod

Probably just the common misunderstanding about why and how one do the wai.

We see that all the time here.

But who was the big guy in the orange shirt that handled the money?

The cook?

And why did he want a receipt?

This is now getting interesting with JJ claiming it was all a set up and the marines sticking to their story that it wasn't. Predictably the Thai government is overreacing and trying to get the broadcast stopped which will only make it more profitable for Bravo and Vera to continue and syndicate it too. They must be delighted.

I don't know how much boat repairs cost but the amounts of money JJ is asking for seem excessive, even if the damage is caused by the hirers. Comparing with car repairs, you can get multiple dents knocked out of a European car and replacement fibreglass bumpers plus a complete respray job using the manufacturer's paint for about 40,000 baht. Obviously a boat must be watertight but..... Where there is a genuine accident, which probably happens quite often JJ is probably marking up the cost 6 or 7 times - obviously a lot more profitable than the income from renting them out. If accidents are not happening often enough, then no doubt he can use the same damage several times over, particularly if the jet ski is already in the water when the customer takes it, so they don't see clearly what is below the water line. He probably deserves what he gets which probably won't be much, even though he was almost certainly set up. In one of the videos he is shouting a language to his staff that isn't Thai. Perhaps it was Burmese. Employing illegal Burmese boat boys in Phuket is another issue which the govt may well attempt to clean up at the same time and going through the motions of cleaning up scum like JJ.

...But who was the big guy in the orange shirt that handled the money?

The cook?

I think the big dude was the troubleshooter for the young marines. Not sure why a receipt, but maybe because the amount was so high he wanted some type of paper work.

If I were a Bravo exec, I would milk the fact that the Thai Government is trying to get the broadcasts stopped. G'teed to raise the profile and ratings of the channel and show. I would put my best promo people on it, think of some buzz words and have a go at it.

See the video the Thai Government does not want you to see!

Tales from the darkside: Renting a jet ski in Thailand

My Thai holiday: Scammed on Sex, drugs and Jet Skis

Thailand: My 25 minute jet ski rental cost me 700 quid.

lol

TheWalkingMan

...But who was the big guy in the orange shirt that handled the money?

The cook?

I think the big dude was the troubleshooter for the young marines. Not sure why a receipt, but maybe because the amount was so high he wanted some type of paper work.

If I were a Bravo exec, I would milk the fact that the Thai Government is trying to get the broadcasts stopped. G'teed to raise the profile and ratings of the channel and show. I would put my best promo people on it, think of some buzz words and have a go at it.

See the video the Thai Government does not want you to see!

Tales from the darkside: Renting a jet ski in Thailand

My Thai holiday: Scammed on Sex, drugs and Jet Skis

Thailand: My 25 minute jet ski rental cost me 700 quid.

lol

TheWalkingMan

Ok.

I guess to stop it they need to prove it is not real.

At least that is the common rules in other countries.

:)

There is no doubt that this series, if promoted the right way, as you stated, can make the production very profitable.

Reality shows are so popular these days.

And as some other members also have stated, bad stuff on tv pays.

Are these the USMC non-pussies? :D

I thought he was going to give the guy a BJ while he was down there bowing and scraping lol !!!! :D

Penkoprod

Probably just the common misunderstanding about why and how one do the wai.

We see that all the time here.

But who was the big guy in the orange shirt that handled the money?

The cook?

Why wouldn't he want a receipt after forking out 40,000+bt!

Jeeeezus!

----------

Watch the copper smiling in the US marine clip.

He can't wait to get his hands on his cut from JJ.

Gavin..... follow the money....... next time. :)

....the script is what the narrator says between and during each case on the actual program, not a script for the participants in each scene.

Don't understand what you are saying... scripted is simply "planned or devised" and are you saying this scen was not planned or devised... surely everyone is not so naive as to think this is merely someone showing up with a camera and catching them in the act?