Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

The unedited footage just released should keep JJ out of jail as you can see it is obvious he just brought out the gun as a joke and wasn't threatening in anyway with it. Just some editing by Vera Productions made it appear so.

Indeed. Not very surprising, if anyone have ever seen the 'Ibiza' exposes other channels have done etc.

Hence why I much more prefer the editing-style of Cops, i.e. not very much editing back and forth.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Cops" is one of the worst TV shows you could ever imagine!!! Talk about mindless morons at work!!!

Since 'Cops' isn't a person, I must ask you to clarify, is it the criminals or police officers, or camera crew or editing crew or the producers that are morons at work?

Or is it the flaming poster?

I'm not flaming anybody.

"Cops" is by far, one of the stupidest shows I've ever seen...& will never see again. It is a total exageration of everything.

If it is a direct reflection upon law enforcement in the USA, I'm glad I don't live there.

would you like to be constructive, and suggest what we should be watching then? Or how about telling us what you watch so we can judge your mental capacity.

I'm not flaming anybody.

"Cops" is by far, one of the stupidest shows I've ever seen...& will never see again. It is a total exageration of everything.

If it is a direct reflection upon law enforcement in the USA, I'm glad I don't live there.

would you like to be constructive, and suggest what we should be watching then? Or how about telling us what you watch so we can judge your mental capacity.

I consider anything like "Cops", "Big Brother", "XXXXX Idol" to be a complete waste of electricity. If you want to see this crap, join the police force, become a loser (big brother) or learn to perform.

Do not feed the troll.

It is obvious you have no idea what a troll is.

I'm not flaming anybody.

I consider anything like "Cops", "Big Brother", "XXXXX Idol" to be a complete waste of electricity. If you want to see this crap, join the police force, become a loser (big brother) or learn to perform.

Do not feed the troll.

It is obvious you have no idea what a troll is.

dam_n, havent you made 5000 posts yet? :)

ref link for explaination

The unedited clips don't prove there was no scamming and if you listen careful lots of violent threats from jj.

If one looks at all the clips - broadcast and unedited - the same conclusions are true. Scamming on the same scale that has always been part of the beach scene here.

I'm not flaming anybody.

I'm sorry Elkan but you are flaming everyone that comments constructively on this thread. (albeit indirectly)

Yes. You are correct cyb. I should've said;

I'm flaming everybody.

Thanks for bringing up my error. :)

Yes. You are correct cyb. I should've said;
I'm flaming everybody.

Thanks for bringing up my error. :)

I was talking about your comments regarding BTITT, Everyone has their own opinion on what they like.

From many of your posts i have read i can see your not lacking in the brain cell department.

So why belittle yourself by making some of the comments you have made?

Edited by cyb

I don't know what BTITT means.

My guess is that I'm not dumb but this is a forum, whereby anybody can make any comment about anything.

My comment about this kind of TV show is that it is totally mindless. I'm sure if the world had an "elkangorito scale" with regard to TV shows, things may be different. Since the world does not have such a scale, I feel quite at home voicing my opinion.

I do not think that I "belittle" myself with regards to my opinion toward these type of moronic TV shows. And yes...they are moronic & a total waste of electricity.

If you wish to know why I think they are moronic, I will be happy to tell you so.

The unedited clips have been floating around the net since before episode 2 was released. JFYI

Not the one with JJ talking to all the Marines then bringing the gun out. That was first posted up only 3 days ago. Point being he did not threaten them with the gun. He brought it out to show them while they were waiting for the Marines "boss" to get there. Sure they got scammed and paid far more than they should have done but they weren't threatened at any time with a gun as the aired version of him holding it implied using dialogue from later footage when he was verbally threatening them.

I don't know what BTITT means.

My guess is that I'm not dumb but this is a forum, whereby anybody can make any comment about anything.

My comment about this kind of TV show is that it is totally mindless. I'm sure if the world had an "elkangorito scale" with regard to TV shows, things may be different. Since the world does not have such a scale, I feel quite at home voicing my opinion.

I do not think that I "belittle" myself with regards to my opinion toward these type of moronic TV shows. And yes...they are moronic & a total waste of electricity.

If you wish to know why I think they are moronic, I will be happy to tell you so.

btitt= Big trouble in tourist thailand which is the title of this thread.

so which band of volunteers was carrying out sting operations on local establishments?

I thought that was pretty low.

Which episode was that in?

no episode......it was on your website........

pattayaone.net/news/2009/april/news_03_04_52.shtml

"An undercover operation used foreigners who were armed with marked bank notes took place. As soon as the cash was handed over, the Immigration Officers stormed the building"

Foreigners have been doing this for years and will continue to do it for years to come but I can assure you that Foreign Tourist Police Assistants DO NOT involve themselves in bar raids unless we are asked to go there after the raid has taken place to inform any foreigners what has happened and what the Police require of them, if anything.

Don't automatically assume that it is the police volunteers that are involved in stings..

I know of Farangs that has been picked up on minor drugs charges being offered this as a way out.

I don't think howards guys would be the right guys for a sting operation given their over the top high profile presence on walking street.

The unedited clips have been floating around the net since before episode 2 was released. JFYI

Not the one with JJ talking to all the Marines then bringing the gun out. That was first posted up only 3 days ago. Point being he did not threaten them with the gun. He brought it out to show them while they were waiting for the Marines "boss" to get there. Sure they got scammed and paid far more than they should have done but they weren't threatened at any time with a gun as the aired version of him holding it implied using dialogue from later footage when he was verbally threatening them.

Phuketrex - you're right ... the raw/unedited camera tape video had never been released until a few days ago. The sound was moved from an earlier altercation left out of the broadcast programme, and you can see/hear this on the other clip you've embedded in this thread.

Rory Bremner's Vera Productions (Rory is a well known UK impressionist and satirist) replaced the real audio of JJ approaching the Marines with the gun. I think it's fair to say the Marines still found JJ's introduction of the gun into the debate over the jet ski damage/repair costs intimidating (just not vocally), particularly given what JJ says immediately prior to emerging with the gun, as translated by Stephen Cleary at Paknam Web. But Vera Productions didn't need to "sex up" this scene and in doing so, it could be argued, breach the UK's broadcasting rules.

Edited by BTITmaker

Such as changing the title at the last minute to 'Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand'.

Why does everyone think the programme is called "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand"?

Its called "Big Trouble in Thailand". Thats what the programme titles state and the EPG guide on Bravo. I just watched another episode and absolutely nowhere is the word "tourist" included in the title.

Such as changing the title at the last minute to 'Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand'.

Why does everyone think the programme is called "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand"?

Its called "Big Trouble in Thailand". Thats what the programme titles state and the EPG guide on Bravo. I just watched another episode and absolutely nowhere is the word "tourist" included in the title.

andyww - take a look on You Tube - Suirside1's channel, Episode 1. The continuity announcer says 'Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand' and so does the introductory slate. And if you Google 'Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand' a lot of stuff comes up too. I guess a name sticks. This is what upset the Thai authorities to begin with - when the series was first rolled out with this title instead of the working titles: "Thai Tourist Police" and "Thai Cops". Another UK production company did a similar thing, told everyone the series - for BBC 3 - was called "Where Our Food Comes From" and no sooner had they landed back in Blighty they thought up a new title: "BLOOD, SWEAT AND TAKEAWAYS". This has become a popular trick of UK production companies and broadcasters - tell contributors you're making one thing and then when they've agreed and taken part call it something they might never have agreed to be involved with in the first place. Abandon ethics all ye who enter British TV these days. Sad, but true.

andyww - take a look on You Tube - Suirside1's channel, Episode 1. The continuity announcer says 'Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand' and so does the introductory slate. And if you Google 'Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand' a lot of stuff comes up too. I guess a name sticks. This is what upset the Thai authorities to begin with - when the series was first rolled out with this title instead of the working titles: "Thai Tourist Police" and "Thai Cops". Another UK production company did a similar thing, told everyone the series - for BBC 3 - was called "Where Our Food Comes From" and no sooner had they landed back in Blighty they thought up a new title: "BLOOD, SWEAT AND TAKEAWAYS". This has become a popular trick of UK production companies and broadcasters - tell contributors you're making one thing and then when they've agreed and taken part call it something they might never have agreed to be involved with in the first place. Abandon ethics all ye who enter British TV these days. Sad, but true.

Ok thanks. So at some point the word "Tourist" was dropped. Very strange...

The Bravo website page http://www.bravo.co.uk/shows/big-trouble-in-thailand/ does contain a small reference to the "Tourist" title having looked at it again (unfortunately!!).

Actually the episode of Blood, Sweat and Takeaways which covered Thailand I thought was not too bad.. I was quite surprised they were allowed to film inside the intensive chicken processing factory.

Sorry OT..

Seems the TV industry is pretty similar to the tabloid press, this is exactly what they do to some contributed stories from freelancers. Theres an added bonus in the press business as well, often unless the contributor spots his story in print, and issues an invoice they dont get paid.

Edited by andyww

Ok thanks. So at some point the word "Tourist" was dropped. Very strange...

The Bravo website page http://www.bravo.co.uk/shows/big-trouble-in-thailand/ does contain a small reference to the "Tourist" title having looked at it again (unfortunately!!).

Actually the episode of Blood, Sweat and Takeaways which covered Thailand I thought was not too bad.. I was quite surprised they were allowed to film inside the intensive chicken processing factory.

Sorry OT..

Seems the TV industry is pretty similar to the tabloid press, this is exactly what they do to some contributed stories from freelancers. Theres an added bonus in the press business as well, often unless the contributor spots his story in print, and issues an invoice they dont get paid.

They were allowed in the chicken plant against the boss's better judgement and after enormous effort on the part of the Thai fixer who, as usual, vouched for the production. And because the understanding was that the programme was called: "Where Our Food Comes From".

It's not editorial issues I have a problem with - it's the dishonesty and ethical bankruptcy. If you're making Blood Sweat and Takeaways why not be upfront about it? If you're making 'Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand' why not tell the Thai police and prisons service? What's in a title after all?

In EP6 Howard says that bargirls who nick stuff should sometimes be excused because a lot of them are forced into prostitution.

A rather controversial view to put it mildly...

I think you would be hard pressed to find a BG in Pattaya who has been forced into prostitution. Fortunately also very few are thieves. Dreadful liars of course but thats all part of the job...

I recorded two hours worth of programmes from UK TV tonight. The first hour was on BBC1 - it was 'Life' presented by David Attenborough explaining the lengths that animals go to to mate and preserve their species. The second hour was 'BTITT' on Bravo - explaining the depths to which some humans sink in order to get a shag. 'Life' was uplifting - 'BtiTT' was disgusting.

In EP6 Howard says that bargirls who nick stuff should sometimes be excused because a lot of them are forced into prostitution.

A rather controversial view to put it mildly...

I think you would be hard pressed to find a BG in Pattaya who has been forced into prostitution. Fortunately also very few are thieves. Dreadful liars of course but thats all part of the job...

Dreadful liars, meaning they are dreadful at lying, or they are dreadful because they tell lies? Or both? :)

I recorded two hours worth of programmes from UK TV tonight. The first hour was on BBC1 - it was 'Life' presented by David Attenborough explaining the lengths that animals go to to mate and preserve their species. The second hour was 'BTITT' on Bravo - explaining the depths to which some humans sink in order to get a shag. 'Life' was uplifting - 'BtiTT' was disgusting.

I look forward to watching it! :)