Michelin Tires

ciaociao

Where in pattaya can you buy michlin tires for auto at a fair price? Are any tires manufactured in Thailand? Of course, anything imported would be more expensive.Thank you for any info. :)

I would begin by simply going out and looking. Of course they are for sale at a reasonable price, do you think an indigenous person is going to pay over the top for tires?

Not sure what hes on !,. :) .of course there is a huge variation in tyre prices, thai made will of course be cheapest, imported tyres wil be at least double, but your question will need more info, what car, what size etc ?............i can buy tyres for my off road bike for 1000 baht each if i want <deleted> made locally, as i dont i import michelins and pay maybe 5000 each, up to you as they say in thailand, . :D

Where in pattaya can you buy michlin tires for auto at a fair price? Are any tires manufactured in Thailand? Of course, anything imported would be more expensive.Thank you for any info. :)

I would begin by simply going out and looking. Of course they are for sale at a reasonable price, do you think an indigenous person is going to pay over the top for tires?

Thank you for the advice!!!! I should have asked if there are any Michelin dealers in pattaya. If so, the location. Again, thanks for the reply.

Thank you for the advice!!!! I should have asked if there are any Michelin dealers in pattaya. If so, the location. Again, thanks for the reply.

Check the Bridgestone shop on Sukhumvit at the north end of Pattaya. They carry all major brands, including many made at plants in Thailand. I'm not sure if there is a Michelin plant here; but several major manufacturers do, in fact, have plants in Thailand.

Michelin Tyres are manufactured in Laem Chabang some 20 km north of Pattaya and they are as good as Michelin tyres manufactured in other places of the world. I use Nitto Tyres (mae in Japan) on my car.

Cheers

Check the Bridgestone shop on Sukhumvit at the north end of Pattaya. They carry all major brands, including many made at plants in Thailand. I'm not sure if there is a Michelin plant here; but several major manufacturers do, in fact, have plants in Thailand.

Thank you and Moo9 for helpful information. Some like to just piss off.

• 2 weeks later...
There are many tire manufacturers here including Michelin. My wife's car had Michelin from the factory. Had to replace them at about 50,000 km with Goodyear, also made in Thailand.

Nice too have helpful information. Are goodyear tires in thailand better than michelin?

What tire is number one for quality? Some just like to give stupid advice or make stupid remarks. Thank again,bangsaenguy :)

My Ford Ranger pickup came with Michelin tyres as original equipment and I am now on my 3rd set.

My pickiup has over 200,000 km on it and the first ones lasted about 120,000 and the second set were worn as the tracking was out and I was offshore working so when I came back I replaced them.

I figure that with no tracking problems over 100,000 km is easy to reach.

One word of warning.

When you get the tyres replaced but a couple of tyre pressure guages and make sure that the tyre pressures ar at the car manufacturers recommendation. Thais have a tendency to over-inflate the tyres as "the car drives better",.

Wrong all it does is put less tread on the tarmac and wears the tyres out quicker.

Sriracha Kitchagarn Yang (literally Sriracha Tire Business) gets my vote. Good prices, good service, decent/clean air con waiting room with net access. Plenty of tire choices, Michelin included. They get my biz despite the fact that we have a tire and mag shop in the family in Bangkok (Ramintra area), mostly because I'm older and don't need "cool" new mags everytime I get tires. Siri-A-Nan in Pattaya gets a second place, although they are typically pricier. Good service though.

Arm yourself with tire info through google first regarding treadware rating, speed rating, etc. and then make your choice.

:)

Edited by Heng

When you get the tyres replaced but a couple of tyre pressure guages and make sure that the tyre pressures ar at the car manufacturers recommendation. Thais have a tendency to over-inflate the tyres as "the car drives better",.

Wrong all it does is put less tread on the tarmac and wears the tyres out quicker.

noticed that before...totally beyond me! A while ago, the car was rather bouncing around. The tire pressure was almost twice the recommended pressure! They actually just blow up the tires in the tire shop without checking the pressure.

Sriracha Kitchagarn Yang (literally Sriracha Tire Business) gets my vote. Good prices, good service, decent/clean air con waiting room with net access. Plenty of tire choices, Michelin included. They get my biz despite the fact that we have a tire and mag shop in the family in Bangkok (Ramintra area), mostly because I'm older and don't need "cool" new mags everytime I get tires. Siri-A-Nan in Pattaya gets a second place, although they are typically pricier. Good service though.

Arm yourself with tire info through google first regarding treadware rating, speed rating, etc. and then make your choice.

I would like to go next week to siracha tire business. Could you give me the location and I will say hENG SENT ME. :D

You're welcome, although the Heng name won't get you a discount. You can say you were recommended by that smooth Thai operator who just changed the wheels of his sin bin 10 year old Granvia minivan with zebra interior a few weeks ago. Well, that won't get you a discount either but what a sexy image.

p.s. kidding about the interior. more like cracked tan leather (crocodile?).

There are many tire manufacturers here including Michelin. My wife's car had Michelin from the factory. Had to replace them at about 50,000 km with Goodyear, also made in Thailand.

Nice too have helpful information. Are goodyear tires in thailand better than michelin?

What tire is number one for quality? Some just like to give stupid advice or make stupid remarks. Thank again,bangsaenguy :)

I'm led to believe that the quality of the manufacturers is similar. Just thought I'd see if I get get more that 50k from the Goodyears. Just bought a new car so I'll never know.