Singapore Ba Degree Recognized?

Sa Wa Di Krub,

Nationaity: Sinagporean

Language Spoken: Chinese, Hokkien(Chinese dielect), English and the most

important Thai.

Language (Read and Write): Chinese, English and a bit of Thai (still working hard

on it).

Qualification: Diploma in Electronic, Computer and Telecommunication.

(Major in Telecommunication)

BA Degree in Electrical and Electronic.

(Major in Infocommunication Engineering)

Got my diploma (Singapore Polytechnic) and my degree (Nanyang Technological Unversity) in Singapore.

5 Years of Experience in Maintaining and Servicing of ILS (Instrument Landing System) and other plane navigation system. Also done some projects for other airport facilites.

I just want to clarify things before i decide to settle in Thailand with my Thai girl-friend.

Does Thai or foreign company in Thailand recognize BA degree from Singapore? I just got my BA degree last few months ago.

Hope that someone helpful can answer my queries. :o

Khorb Khun Krub :D

Ya, another thing.

What is the salary range i can expect for an Electronic or Electrical Engineer position in Thailand? :o

man, with your qualifications why for christ sake you're looking for job in LOS? I'm sure your gf would be much happier in Sing, and surely better off.

example - I know one guy with Ph.D. in nuclear physics (reactors and automation) working here as "cable guy" i.e. wiring and setting LANs for ocasional jobs.

got a picture ?

Oleg_Rus, I understand the situation you have told me. But with some personal problem, I cannot bring my gf to Sing. I have already disscused this with my gf, if the pay is all right to support my gf n our children, I will settle down in Thailand. Sounds silly but this is the power of LOVE. :D

But if there is no choice, I think I will have to work in Singapore. :o

Anyway, thanks for your kind advice. :D

Khorb Khun Maek Krub :D

Oleg, the man's an aviation maintenance engineer, not a nuclear scientist, the question is whether his skills are deemed special enough to justify hiring a foreigner. i'm not sure, as i'm not in the industry, but i suspect there are many aviation engineers in this country who are not foreigners. if the man is okay with to work on local terms, the pay would not be very high compared to singapore wages. if he has to support kids who are presumably living in singapore, thai wages will be insufficient. it may be better to stick it out in singers for a time and work on the savings until the kids are independent and there is enough to retire on.

just me 2 satangs.

Sa Wa Di Krub,

Nationaity: Sinagporean

Language Spoken: Chinese, Hokkien(Chinese dielect), English and the most 

important Thai.

Language (Read and Write): Chinese, English and a bit of Thai (still working hard 

on it).

Qualification: Diploma in Electronic, Computer and Telecommunication.

(Major in Telecommunication)

BA Degree in Electrical and Electronic.

(Major in Infocommunication Engineering)

Got my diploma (Singapore Polytechnic) and my degree (Nanyang Technological Unversity) in Singapore.

5 Years of Experience in Maintaining and Servicing of ILS (Instrument Landing System) and other plane navigation system. Also done some projects for other airport facilites.

I just want to clarify things before i decide  to settle in Thailand with my Thai girl-friend.

Does Thai or foreign company in Thailand recognize BA degree from Singapore? I just got my BA degree last few months ago.

Hope that someone helpful can answer my queries.  :o

Khorb Khun Krub  :D

It is recognized -- but, so what? It will be a struggle for you here and financial crises will capsize the LOVE.

Be smart -- you're 28; combine your technical quals with an MBA either in Sing or America. :D

Bro i think its better for you to work in Singapore ...with your qualification its very damm easy to get work here....but the question is that can the company here pay you ???? the starting salyry cap for a singaporean is 45k baht.....in any jobs here in bkk....

and if ur really into your thai gf i suggest you to marry her in Singapore ROM...If u gonna marry her here in thailand singapore govement does not reconised your marrige.....it is for the sake of your children in future....

ive got alot of singaporean friends who get married in without the approval of Singapore Goverment and thier children also have problem in getting a singapore citezen or PR.....

if u need a pointer of singaporean married to a thai i can intro u to some of my friends who is married to a thai...they will give you more info.... PM me

Tytus, im afraid you are wrong about a Thai marriage not being recognised by the Sing Government. Ive just been through this process as my wife to be is from Sing, and we are marrying in Thailand. It just happens to take a lot of document translation to and from English and lots of ladedah.

I wonder if maybe it is different for us as I am a U.K. citizen. I would be interested to know.....

Duck, job below was posted on monster.com just yesterday (3/15). Might fit your interest (los), education (ee), and background (airport), though the years of experience might be a little high for you. Hey, the per diem might make up for your market rate salary. Anyhow, it'd be slick company to work for if you have any PLC and SCADA knowledge. Good luck.

Airport Baggage Handling Systems, Electrical/Mechanical Engineer

Location: TH-Bangkok Salary/Wage: Market Rate including Per Diem

Status: Full Time, Temporary/Contract/Project, Employee Job Category: Engineering

Relevant Work Experience: 10+ to 15 Years Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)

Education Level: Bachelor's Degree

Job Description

U.S. based company has immediate job opening for Electrical/Mechanical Engineer with direct experience installing, commissioning and testing automated baggage handling systems and related components. Job requires relocation to Thailand for approximately 1 year. Candidate must have verifiable, hands-on experience with complex baggage handling systems, Motor Control Panels, Program Logic Control (PLC), SCADA, integration and operation of comprehensive automated systems. Experience with integration of baggage screening equipment (X-ray, EDS, etc.), sortation systems, bar code scanning equipment and other peripheral equipment desired. Candidate must be capable of reviewing, approving / rejecting / commenting on electrical, mechanical and procedural submittals, leading technical meetings, managing multiple tasks, working with cross-cultural teams and managing contractors as needed to meet customer deadlines.

Education: BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience and training.

Years of Experience Requested: 10+ years with airport baggage handling systems

Please provide a resume and cover letter that includes the following:

1 Description of relevant experience.

2 Desired compensation

3 Four or more professional references (including 1 or more customers)

4 Available work date.

5 Available relocation date if different from #4.

6 Any special restrictions, requests, comments or qualifications that you’d like to bring to our attention.

Responses that do not include these elements may not be considered.

Contact Information

Email: [email protected]

For a Singaporean to get married in Thailand is very difficult... There is alot of paper work,Alot of Question you have to go up and down the ROM in Singapore...

They will conduct an interiew for both of you...and they will give you letter of approval for you to hand it over to the thai authorities

But in some cases alot of singaporean men get married inThailand without going to all this process then they are not reconised in Singapore they will also be getting a very heavy fine including jail terms...

This is what i read from the singapore straits times

For a Singaporean to get married in Thailand is very difficult... There is alot of paper work,Alot of Question you have to go up and down the ROM in Singapore...

They will conduct an interiew for both of you...and they will give you letter of approval for you to hand it over to the thai authorities

But in some cases alot of singaporean men get married inThailand without going to all this process then they are not reconised in Singapore they will also be getting a very heavy fine including jail terms...

This is what i read from the singapore straits times

Ok, thanks to all the comments stated by everyone. I am on the process of the marriage part. The only part I am interested in is the salary i can expect if I am to work in Thailand. :o

The topic is going off. :D

Duck, being Singaporean myself and living in Thailand I would seriously advise you to have your career somewhere else. It would be more fruitful for you long term wise.

I do not know what your personal problems are that she cannot go to Singapore.....probably you have a gf/fiancee or a "wife" already.

My suggestion, either you stay in Sg, sort your problems out and then move her over or go to another neighbouring country instead. (i.e. Malaysia?).

There is no specific salary range for an engineer in Thailand, it all depends on the company, your qualifications and work experience. There is a min for work permit, that is about all.

Duck, being Singaporean myself and living in Thailand I would seriously advise you to have your career somewhere else. It would be more fruitful for you long term wise.

I do not know what your personal problems are that she cannot go to Singapore.....probably you have a gf/fiancee or a "wife" already.

My suggestion, either you stay in Sg, sort your problems out and then move her over or go to another neighbouring country instead. (i.e. Malaysia?).

There is no specific salary range for an engineer in Thailand, it all depends on the company, your qualifications and work experience. There is a min for work permit, that is about all.

Thanks JoJo, if most of you guys say this, I think I will have to consider working there. But will first try to send resume to several companies to see how the reaction is.

Thanks to all guys who have spending their precious time on advising me on my situation. :D

Khorb Khun Maek Maek Krub :o

Well yeah its better to find work somewhere else....Anyway Duck most singaporean that leaves in Thailand are businessman they set up a company here and do trading... So for you as an asian singaporean will find it very hard to find work there is alot of Locals that are capable more than you...

So the chances that i will rate for you to find work here is 10% out of 100%

Good Luck

Tytus

Well yeah its better to find work somewhere else....Anyway Duck most singaporean that leaves in Thailand are businessman they set up a company here and do trading... So for you as an asian singaporean will find it very hard to find work there is alot of Locals that are capable more than you...

So the chances that i will rate for you to find work here is 10% out of 100%

Good Luck

Tytus

I think if I can't really find job there, I will have to set up a business with my wife which we have a few plan ahead.

Thanks tytus for the advise.

Cheers. :o

Khorb Khun Maek Krub :D

Hello Duck

I think you should look at the classifieds in the Singaproe papers, my firend is workig here as an Assistant Manager, salary abt $3k and 50K baht allowance, however this is a job posting from Singapore to Thailand.

It will not be easy to get job from the classified here ,as there are alot of oversea postings in the classifieds in Singapore.

Most Singapoeans workign here are either their own buiz or factory managers for Singapore companies

Hello Duck

I think you should look at the classifieds in the Singaproe papers, my firend is workig here as an Assistant Manager, salary abt $3k and 50K baht allowance, however this is a job posting from Singapore to Thailand.

It will not be easy to get job from the classified here ,as there are alot of oversea postings in the classifieds in Singapore.

Most Singapoeans workign here are either their own buiz or factory managers for Singapore companies

Krub. I got a few replies from companies from Thailand recently which made my wife quite surprised.

Anyway, got to rush there next week for an interview . Quite lucky. Hehehe... :D

Will post the review of the interview next week.

Khorb Khun Mak Dee Krub terry74 :o

Chok Dee Krub

Edited by duck