Non Immigrant O Extension - What Else?

Dear friends!

im going to suan plu this week to my first non o marriage extansion!

i hope i have everything, i carefully red the topics always here, and just hope somebody comfirm that i have everything, or if not what i missing:

so i have:

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy of passport ( with certified true copy ) 2 copy

3. Marriage Certificate 2 copy

4. Wife’s house registration 2 copy

5. Wife’s identity card 2 copy

6. bank guarantee, signed with the bank manager i pick it up in the bank 1 day before

7. updated bankbook (updated on the same day as the bank guarantee paper), showing more than 400.000 (more than 3 month)

8. plenty of photos: front of the house where we live, inside, from our travels...etc...

this all? or do i need something else too?

and when we there with my wife, what should we looking for there? we should looking for a room? if yes which room number?

thank you for your answers!

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

4. Wife's house registration 2 copy

5. Wife's identity card 2 copy

6. bank guarantee, signed with the bank manager i pick it up in the bank 1 day before

7. updated bankbook (updated on the same day as the bank guarantee paper), showing more than 400.000 (more than 3 month)

8. plenty of photos: front of the house where we live, inside, from our travels...etc...

2. Copy of photo page, visa page and entry/permit to stay stamp page. Add copy of TM6 departure card. (1 copy is enough) Just sign each copy that is what certification means.

3 to 5 Wife signs all of these and you also sign marriage certificate (it has you name on it). (only one copy needed)

7. Need copies of bank book pages also signed. Best to get an update on the day you go to immigration.

8. No need for your travels and etc. Just you and the wife in and around the house and under or near the house (or room) number.

Map to house.

Edit: You will also need copy of marriage registration Papers (Kor Ror.3) from the Amphoe where you registered your marriage. This something new that Bangkok has been asking for.

Edited by ubonjoe

I just redid my spouse extension yesterday (Chiangmai) and was told monies in for 2 months (400K) and the bank account has to be in your name, not a joint account which I had. They let me get away with it this year has I had previous extensions. Bank letter must contain bank details, amount and the date issued by the bank.

All the paperwork was the same but I didn't need the house photo's (take them anyway). When I first applied I had a visit from immigration who checked with the neighbours about us, behaviour etc. They Immigration people were most polite and not daunting.

Don't know about the new rules for combined incomes or if they are still valid.

Spouse extensions are not issued immediately and usually take a month, so another trip to the immigration office is required. Sometimes 2 trips.

Keep smiling.

One other thing they will require the original bank book for verification, I also take the originals of the wedding certificate and Family Paper. Wife also has to sign the copies of the family papers, ID card and wedding Certificate.

In Chiangmai we need 2 copies of everything including TM7 application. Keep them separate as 2 complete applications.

Passport copies Front page, current visa page, current entry page, Departure card. You will need these and any copies extra extensions for all future applications and the 90 day reporting. (Take a 2 complete copies [current] if something extra is required)

Edited by newcomer01

• 4 months later...

4. Wife's house registration 2 copy

5. Wife's identity card 2 copy

2. Copy of photo page, visa page and entry/permit to stay stamp page. Add copy of TM6 departure card. (1 copy is enough) Just sign each copy that is what certification means.

3 to 5 Wife signs all of these and you also sign marriage certificate (it has you name on it). (only one copy needed)

7. Need copies of bank book pages also signed. Best to get an update on the day you go to immigration.

8. No need for your travels and etc. Just you and the wife in and around the house and under or near the house (or room) number.

Map to house.

Edit: You will also need copy of marriage registration Papers (Kor Ror.3) from the Amphoe where you registered your marriage. This something new that Bangkok has been asking for.

I went to Phuket Immigration today, to get my extension. They also required Tabien Baan of the house we live in as well as rental contract. Is this normal?

The tabien baan is not unheard of, to check if the misses officially lives there. Many Thais don't live where they are registered, but in case of an extension based on marriage it can be a problem if the misses doesn't live where she is registered.

Where she is registered will decide where you have to apply for the extension and where they will check. Some immigration offices are more understanding than others in this regard.

The tabien baan is the house hold registration, it tells who is officially listed as living in that house. Only Thai persons are listed on it. It is that registration that determines where a Thai person lives and gets all his official mail from the government.

The tabien baan is not unheard of, to check if the misses officially lives there. Many Thais don't live where they are registered, but in case of an extension based on marriage it can be a problem if the misses doesn't live where she is registered.

Where she is registered will decide where you have to apply for the extension and where they will check. Some immigration offices are more understanding than others in this regard.

No, they wanted the tabien baan for the house we live in (rent form another thai), NOT my wifes tabien baan. Well, they wanted my wifes tabien baan too, but I made a copy af that allready.

I am in the same situation getting ready for my first extension and have most of the paperwork in hand 1 question (house map) what type of map is rrequired?

Thanks for the help

I just did a hand drawn map, and it was fine.

for maps my local office accepted a 'google earth' printout with instructions hand written in the margin to indicate main road, landmarks and house location...yew can't get more accurate than that unless the 'officer' has an attitude problem...

best to go prepared; better than the bastids messin' wid you when under duress doin' the application on the day... :)