Options Of Paying My Electric Bill Etc

kubota

You don't give your location, but if you are in Bangkok and vicinity it is possible with the Metropolitan Electrical Authority. You need to go to one of their offices and complete a form. For those elsewhere in Thailand, I do not know if the PEA offers the same possibility.

You don't give your location, but if you are in Bangkok and vicinity it is possible with the Metropolitan Electrical Authority. You need to go to one of their offices and complete a form. For those elsewhere in Thailand, I do not know if the PEA offers the same possibility.

I am located in Pattaya, will check with the PEA if it's possible here. I guess the same goes for my TOT telephone line, that maybe they have a system in place so i can just fill out some forms?

Thanks for your reply

Yes my friend here in Banchang pays his PEA bill via a direct debit from his SCB account. He or wife had to fill out the proper forms at PEA and at SCB and he has been paying the electric now for a year that way.

Thanks, i will pay them a visit today, i have a TMB account, but that should be fine.

I just took my bills to the bank, they filled out some forms and from the following month they were all paid.

If your bills are Bangkok based make sure your acct is based in BKK too. They won't set it up for provincial based accts.

Well actually they do set it up but it never gets charged - a real pain. No one bothers to tell you!

Acct and bills in same place you should have no problem.

I am in Pattaya and when I had an electric meter installed in my condo I obtained forms for automatic debit from my Kasikorn Bank account

This form was submitted to my "home" branch of K Bank and every month my electric bill is automatically debited from my savings account

Have had less success with TT& T phone service since their only option is paying at 7 Eleven or "Pay at Post" , solved that by just paying a year in advance for 1,200 THB (if memory serves correctly)

I pay Maxnet (Internet) via Kasikorn's Bill pay feature but that is not automatic since K Bank requires the invoice number, even if the amount is the same every month

You can pre pay the bills months in advance by going to the main office wherever you are located. When you are away you will find that there is only a small charge so it won't cost so much either.

Last time I did this I told them I'm going on 'holiday' for a few months and there was no problem.

Do anybody know if it's possible to pay your bills automatically through your bank, So when i'm away i don't have to rely on somebody to pay my bills, electric meter removed, telephone dead etc?

I have the electricity, water, and telephone for two houses all on direct billing to a seperate bank account. I monitor the account on line and keep just a few months' worth of funds in it. When it reaches the threshhold I set in my own mind, I transfer funds in (again, on line).

If I had a problem like True Blue mentioned (canceling service but continuing to get billed), I could just close that account, open a new one, and reestablish auto payment for the other services. It would be time consuming and irritating, but allows me to maintain control.

I pay for UBC TV six months at a time thru a funds transfer at the bank.

Edited by noise

My house is in South Pattaya. I pay: electricity, water and telephone by automatic debit to bank account.

I started a seperate utilities bank account for this purpose and I deliberately keep a small balance (say 4,000Baht maximum) in this account. (I wouldn't totally trust Thai banks to have this type of access to accounts which have large balances. But then I wouldn't have this level of trust of banks almost anywhere in the world. Many years ago a bank employee removed a large amount of my money in Australia.)

- I regularly use the ATM to check the utilities account balance.

- If top up is needed I do a quick small transfer at ATM.

- About every 30 days I update all my passbooks at the automatic passbook update machine outside of the bank.

Very convenient.

I started the auto bill payment process about 4 years ago, it has never failed.