Ranong Murder Verdict

richardshane

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news. Let's hope they went immediately to remand and will not have another breath of free air. Have they been sentenced yet, or is that forthcoming?

Totally agreed. Too many times in Thailand I hear about people convicted of extremely serious offences but still on bail awaiting sentence. Hopefully these people are behind bars now.

This is very good news indeed!! :) However, the next question is: will they actually go to jail or will they be allowed to post bail and stay out while their appeals are pending? There are well documented cases of people still walking free 10 years after their initial conviction. :D

I, for one will not be applauding until the cell door is slammed on em for the last time and the key given to the victims family to do with what they see fit. Oh well, we know that is only a pipe dream but the door must be closed forever before I'll say justice has been served.

Edited by bdenner

Ok I'm sure Richard won't mind. I have just got back from town. As far as we can work out, initially the black widow and lover boy were giving the death penalty. However as they confessed all, that was commuted to life without hope for appeal or pardon. Jinda Sae Tae was given life, but because of his suspected involvement in numerous other killings. Not withstanding a weapon was never found, he also will have no appeal nor pardon.

Richard is well pleased with the result and is now making moves to get back Dale's property, first on the list is the Harley. He knows where it is.

Edited by Mosha

This is tremendous news! I still feel for the loss of your brother, Richard, but this is an excellent result. Your family will be very pleased indeed, not just with the verdict but because of your efforts. Best of luck in finding and getting your brother's possessions back, I hope it's a speedy process for you.

Ok I'm sure Richard won't mind. I have just got back from town. As far as we can work out, initially the black widow and lover boy were giving the death penalty. However as they confessed all, that was commuted to life without hope for appeal or pardon. Jinda Sae Tae was given life, but because of his suspected involvement in numerous other killings. Not withstanding a weapon was never found, he also will have no appeal nor pardon.

Richard is well pleased with the result and is now making moves to get back Dale's property, first on the list is the Harley. He knows where it is.

Excellent and encouraging news, despite the fact that this outcome of course cannot bring back the victim or change how these events have affected the family (plus the other reservations about future possibilities.)

Congratulations to the family on your tenacity.

We can all help make this story known, even if as an exception to what may often seem to be the "rule", and as a warning, of sorts, to others.

The work in bringing the case to the scrutiny of a wider audience may certainly have affected the outcome.

I would love to know if there are now any feelings, or displays of, remorse ...

Edited by WaiWai

What a great result at the end of such a tragedy. The no appeal or release factor is so important too. And sends a very powerful message.

I have sadly, zero doubt, that had it not been for the work Richard & Mary-Jane did behind the scenes, stirring up press interest & keeping Dales story in everyones mind, that this case would have quietly disappeared & these 3 would have received a lesser sentance.

What a great result at the end of such a tragedy. The no appeal or release factor is so important too. And sends a very powerful message.

I have sadly, zero doubt, that had it not been for the work Richard & Mary-Jane did behind the scenes, stirring up press interest & keeping Dales story in everyones mind, that this case would have quietly disappeared & these 3 would have received a lesser sentance.

100% right there Boo

Very happy that those evil people get life in jail,and i hope you have some closure.

May they rot in hel_l,but we must not forget that there are many many lovely thai people here.

I hope they rot in a cell for 10 years before contracting and dying of tuberculosis.

My sympathies to you and your family. My congratulations on the outcome. My utmost respect for your strength, fortitude and perseverance.