Overstay More Than 40 Days But Less Than 60 Days

what if the person overstayed more than 40 days but less than 60 days, he overstayed on non-B (non-immigrant) visa. as he is holding a work permit for 1 year and didn't know that he need to renew his non-B visa every 3 months. his overstayed was not on purpose...

What are the fines and what he need to do in respect to comeback to the country again?

Hope for sooner reply

Npgnr

what if the person overstayed more than 40 days but less than 60 days, he overstayed on non-B (non-immigrant) visa. as he is holding a work permit for 1 year and didn't know that he need to renew his non-B visa every 3 months. his overstayed was not on purpose...

What are the fines and what he need to do in respect to comeback to the country again?

Hope for sooner reply

Npgnr

20,000 baht fine. Pay as you fly out. There will be no problems re-entering Thailand. Make sure there is a valid visa or re-entry permit in the passport. It is important that the overstayer leave

Thailand quickly and get the fine sorted out.

Does he have a multiple entry visa?

If yes then he could go to the airport pay the fine and leave. Then return using his visa.

If not a multiple entry then he would need to go to a embassy or consulate and get a new visa.

It is not relevant if you overstay over 40days or less than 60days.

Overstay is a serious offence and the person should leave Thailand immediately.

It would also help if you could advise what Visa he hold.

In case he hold a Multiple Entry Yearly Visa issued in a foreign country and if the Visa is still valid when he re-enter he will get another 90days.

Fine is still THB 20,000.-

Hope for sooner reply

Npgnr

20,000 baht fine. Pay as you fly out. There will be no problems re-entering Thailand. Make sure there is a valid visa or re-entry permit in the passport. It is important that the overstayer leave

As i've heard that can he go to the immigration instead of airport to pay the fine and also he can get 7 days visa to leave the country again.

If he want to come back, anyway he should apply a new non-b visa.

what do you think guys about it?

He is overstay - immigration will likely tell him to immediately leave by air and pay his fine at airport. He is not going to obtain a 7 day under review after 40 plus days of overstay in my opinion. And he could be detained for investigation and then deported if the stars are in the wrong position. He needs to leave now and pay his fine on the way out.

As i've heard that can he go to the immigration instead of airport to pay the fine and also he can get 7 days visa to leave the country again.

If he want to come back, anyway he should apply a new non-b visa.

what do you think guys about it?

Going to immigration is only good if you have a short overstay and you need few days to leave. They will want to see a ticket out within those 7 days. Another case is where you have a valid reason for an extension such as having a tourist visa and have gone a few days over and can get a 30 day extension.

If you have already gone over 40 days it is really best to just go to the airport and leave. You save no money by doing it. There have even been reports of immigration telling people to just go to the airport and leave.

I have heard on several occasion of people getting a 7 day extension to get their affairs in order after a long overstay. I have also seen the stamps in their passports so this is not a rumour. This is however an exception rather than the rule! Most immigration offices I know give you till midnight of the same day to get out.

Different immigration offices approach your surrendering and payment of fine in a different manner and I would not bet on the 7 day extension unless you had a very secure way of ensuring that this was going to happen. Frankly I don't see this as being an option for the vast majority of us unless we have an Immigration Police General as a father in law.

Don't break the law! What would happen to you if you overstayed in any other western country? They would not allow you to come back! Really Thailand is being very kind to us.

BB

Edited by Badbanker

what if the person overstayed more than 40 days but less than 60 days

If this is a rhetorical question, DO NOT overstay! It is a very serious offence and you will have problems when re-entering Thailand.

Maybe if you have been deported, but otherwise that is simply not the case.

Edited by Maestro

Hope for sooner reply

Npgnr

If you were satying in Pattaya, there would be a safe manner in which to solve your prolem, without gettig your hands all wet & moist. IF you are in Pattaya,just PM me and I will point you in the right diretion, okay ?

Hope for sooner reply

Npgnr

If you were satying in Pattaya, there would be a safe manner in which to solve your prolem, without gettig your hands all wet & moist. IF you are in Pattaya,just PM me and I will point you in the right diretion, okay ?

If someone can only tell by PM I would be worried about the legality of the proposed sulotion and how safe it realy is.

I have heard on several occasion of people getting a 7 day extension to get their affairs in order after a long overstay. I have also seen the stamps in their passports so this is not a rumour. This is however an exception rather than the rule! Most immigration offices I know give you till midnight of the same day to get out.

I think if a person was to show up at immigration with a ticket in hand within the 7 days no immigration office would tell a person to leave before midnight. I think most immigration officers have enough sense to understand that you cannot just get on an airplane and leave. You need a reservation and there are times that it is not going to happen on the day you really want to travel.

Also as I wrote in my earlier post it is not worth the trouble and additional cost of getting the extension unless you have less than a 40 day overstay. In this case it only gives peace of mind that you will not be locked up for an overstay if caught. If less than 40 days it stops the overstay fine which will cover the cost of the extension in 4 days.

Your post could easily scare somebody away from going to immigration that only has a short overstay because they needed to do an extension but didn't get it done because they forgot and could not do it because of a weekend or holiday.

Edited by ubonjoe

I think if a person was to show up at immigration with a ticket in hand within the 7 days no immigration office would tell a person to leave before midnight. I think most immigration officers have enough sense to understand that you cannot just get on an airplane and leave. You need a reservation and there are times that it is not going to happen on the day you really want to travel.

Also as I wrote in my earlier post it is not worth the trouble and additional cost of getting the extension unless you have less than a 40 day overstay. In this case it only gives peace of mind that you will not be locked up for an overstay if caught. If less than 40 days it stops the overstay fine which will cover the cost of the extension in 4 days.

Your post could easily scare somebody away from going to immigration that only has a short overstay because they needed to do an extension but didn't get it done because they forgot and could not do it because of a weekend or holiday.

Most short overstays can be cleared easily at the airport or border post.  Remember you have broken the law and I have seen first hand Immigration Police take a very dim view of guests in their country abusing this.

As we have all be aware at times Immigration can be a bit arbitary and I have seen rogue officers severely punish a 3 month overstay by forgetting the persons file because they can and want to.  Remember that logic doesn't always work in cases like this. "I think if a person was to show up at immigration with a ticket in hand within the 7 days no immigration office would tell a person to leave before midnight." A 7 day extension in the case of a major overstay is privelidge and not a right and in over 30 overstay cases I have worked with, has been granted on 3 occasions.  Most people get till middnight of the day they apply to leave the country!

BB

Edited by Badbanker

Should the air ticket be the country of origin or can be the nearest country to thailand like malaysia or singpore ?

When you come back you you must get a new stamp in your work permit.

The validity is for 1 year but you also have a stamp that have the same dates as your passport stamp.

You might get fined or the work permit gets revoked.

Talk to your accountant.

The validity is for 1 year but you also have a stamp that have the same dates as your passport stamp.

Talk to your accountant.

PoorSucker:

Can you enlighten me on your comment "The validity is for 1 year but you also have a stamp that have the same dates as your passport stamp."

Maybe I misunderstand you, but the expiry date of WP/date of stamping at Labour Department has not been aligned to permission to stay date in passport for some time.

Talk to your accountant.

PoorSucker:

Can you enlighten me on your comment "The validity is for 1 year but you also have a stamp that have the same dates as your passport stamp."

Maybe I misunderstand you, but the expiry date of WP/date of stamping at Labour Department has not been aligned to permission to stay date in passport for some time.

I'm mean page 8 in WP and forward.

I have always got a renewal corresponding to my extension of stay.

Three months when I was on multiple non-B and 1 year when extension of stay based on marriage.

After my initial year I also received a stamp with "validity for 1 year".

So there's validity and renewal stamps.

The renewal stamp tell how long you are permitted to work.

The validity stamp you need for getting a multiple non-B visa. (in KL)

My current renewal stamp end same date as my extension of stay.

Here's some pages from my WP when I had multiple non-B.

hey guys? how about if some 1 overstay more than 60 days but less than 70 days ? any more trouble at the time when he getting out of the airport?

It will be the same. Once you go over 39 days the fine is 20,000 baht. You could have 365 days and it would be the same.

Thats ok. Is there will be any more trouble after paying fine. Do immigration officers will let go easily after paying fine ?