Construction Industry

Hi everyone!

This is my first time on any forum and would love to hear from anyone with any thoughts on the following items.

I am researching the possibility of moving to Thailand from Scotland. I am wondering how it would be for a female to work in the construction industry in either employment or by starting up my own business. I have a BSc in Interior Architecture and currently doing a BSc in Building Surveying and would start up on a Consultancy basis and follow on to carrying out my own projects. However I would prefer to work for a company first, especially in a new country etc etc.

This would not be for a couple of years, so hopfully the market will be better by then.

I would appreciate any ideas on this.

Regards

Joanne

Edited by Zazo9a

I know plenty of women in various sectors of the property industry, and some have enjoyed considerable success.

There has not been that much demand for Building Surveying here most of theBS's I know ended up working in other sectors, such as Project Management, and Design.

Feel free to PM for more specifics.

Hi, thanks for replying so quickly - much appreciated.

That has put my mind at ease as I was concerned about how successful a female could be out there in the industry. It is also good to know about the possibility of working in Design. Long story how I ended up in BS but hopfully the combination of the two degrees will enhance my chances of a successfull career in the Design sector.

Thanks again