Where To Buy Metal Utility Shelves?

I saw some metal / wire utility shelves at HomePro, but they were not very big and cost around 1900 B each.

I was hoping someone could point me to a more reasonably priced source. Anyone?

This is what I'm looking for (either wire like this one, or plain metal):

utilityshelves.jpg

THose ones are made in Taiwan, so they won't be too inexpensive.  The ones you are showing are now on sale at HOmePro for 2090 baht.

I broke down and got the smaller set for some kitchen applainces to get them off the sideboard, but they were comparatively expensive at 1590 baht.

I'm wanting them for the same reason (appliance storage). Hmmm...anyone else?

I made my own, about 1.5 inch angle iron from the local hardware shop, blueish color, nuts & bolts, small plates to firm up the connections. Soft stuff, can cut with a hacksaw but handier to do your measuring ahead of time and ask the shop to do the cutting. For the shelves, use plywood cut to size.

I made a bunch of these, lots to shelve up after my sea freight was finally delivered.

Mac

• 2 weeks later...
I saw some metal / wire utility shelves at HomePro, but they were not very big and cost around 1900 B each.

I was hoping someone could point me to a more reasonably priced source. Anyone?

Honestly, just go to any of the ubiquitous Thai welding shops you see in shop housed all over Thailand. They'll make you one out of angle iron and iron plates. Won't look real pretty, but they'll be strong as an elephant and heavy enough to break a few bones if it falls on you. If you want it pretty and chromed, such as you would use in a kitchen, then stick with HomePro/HomeWorks (HomeWorks is slightly cheaper in my experience.)

If you want something that will outlive your children though, the Thai shops will be your best bet. They'll rust a bit, but a small amount of paper on the shelf works wonders as long as you replace it periodically. They can even make the middle shelves adjustable by resting the plate on bolts through the angle iron instead of directly welded. Only the top and bottom need to be welded to give it stability.

You can buy the materials and do it yourself if you want, but for 100 - 200 baht in labour, why bother? They'll do it for you. Just draw them what you want. Won't take more than an hour or 2. I had some made several years ago for only about 600 baht. Not sure what it would cost today, but I can't imagine it has gone up that much.