Methamphetamine Bust At Suvarnabhumi: Two Iranians Arrested

george

Methamphetamine bust at Suvarnabhumi: Two Iranians arrested

1251439860.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai customs officers arrested two Iranian drug smuggling suspects with two kilogrammes of methamphetamine hydrochloride, or ‘ice’ at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Customs Department Deputy Director General for Enforcement Somchai Poolsavasdi told a news conference on Thursday that officers had arrested the Iranian duo, alleged drug dealers, and seized 2,000 grammes of ice worth Bt8 million (about US$235,000).

Identified as Eftekhari Vahid, 25, and Hassani Seyedghader, 26, the suspects departed the Iranian capital of Tehran for Bangkok on Mahan Air on Thursday.

Noticed after acting suspiciously at a customs inspection channel for passengers with nothing to declare, the two men were taken into police custody after customs officers found 1,040 grammes crystal substance in a plastic bag covered with metallic foil in Mr Hassani’s baggage and 960 grammes of the same material packaged the same way in Mr Eftekhari’s baggage.

Laboratory tests confirmed that the substances were methamphetamine hydrochloride.

The two men were charged with smuggling drugs into Thailand for illegal sale. Their case has been referred to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further investigation.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009-08-28

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will people ever learn ? They can kiss their butts goodbye .

So much drugs are coming into the country , dont people realise we have enough here already . :)

they do, but its one of the few "hubs" that seem to be working out :D

This sounds a lot like what I observed in Clark AB in the Philippines in 1975. We were getting ready to get on a plane to Korat and they put us in a cage to let the dope dog sniff us. A colonel asked this dog handler and the ranking people, who is dumb enough to take drugs into Thailand? Don't they have their own? That was when heroin was the major drug.

These two Iranians must have been sampling their own product to try and bring it into here. Some people never learn. I have learned one thing here in Thailand. The BIB are not stupid nor will they ever be that way. We don't see them that much except at traffic lights but they have some really smart people. They are not part of the banana republic mentality that some think.

This story stinks. Who would bother importing something that can be made here so easily.

8 Million for 2 Kilos of amphetamine? Thats a some big mark-up. Is that after luxury goods TAX? and I thought cars where expensive.

Hang-on this is Thaivisa! Hang'em high, throw away the key. Thats better.

Edited by Pui

Dont get high on your own supply! Maybe thet were raising funds for their MBA grad school!

PS Whilst the mules went on live TV, 12 x 44G drums of raw chemicals slipped thu, which will be on Walking Street in 48 hrs.

Edited by NUMBNUTTS

was the tinfoil to deturn drug sniffing dogs? thats allow of weight.

Thats pretty much the end of both there lives! My Guess is the tin foil is to evade Xray detection :)

Yeah, because nobody gets scanned for metal at an airport. :D

Thats pretty much the end of both there lives! My Guess is the tin foil is to evade Xray detection :D

Actually the tin foil was brought just for this situation, however looks like they didn't have time...they should have immediately made tin foil hats and contacted Allah for extraction :)

I assume they were bringing it in as they were not privy to the ingredients and expertise that is available on Thailands borders

makes you wonder how much is actually passing through the airport every day

Seems to me the number of arabs and africans in bangkok has exploded in the last handful of years............................

In the end, people are desperate to earn a fast buck and take stupid risks based on overconfidence and maybe ignorance - who knows what they have been told.

Yeah I cant see the sense in bringing stuff in here. Be like smuggling sand into Arabia. Maybe these mules were used as decoys..while the attention is on these two guys someone else is slipping through with something bigger.

Or maybe its a different scam. I bought a wack of diaries in an auction a few years ago that belonged to a Russian mine engineer who worked here back in the 50-60's (cant remember) and who later disappeared in Australia. One diary contained a wad of newspaper clippings about a huge stash of opium that was found in the jungle just inside the Thai side of the Malaysian border. The finder was rewarded millions of Baht and almost made a hero. Later clippings pointed out the strange fact that the reward value was more than the stash was actually worth. Turns out the opium was confiscated in the triangle some time earlier and smuggled to the south by a couple of generals. It was then left inside the border in an attempt to discredit the Moslem south and a local was hired to stage the discovery for a small percentage of the reward. The generals pocketed the rest.

Edited by ThaiFelix

I assume they were bringing it in as they were not privy to the ingredients and expertise that is available on Thailands borders

Seems to me the number of arabs and africans in bangkok has exploded in the last handful of years............................

Call an Iranian an Arab and watch him react.

Iranians are Persian stock, they look down on Arabs as desert nomads and livestock farmers, while they are the produce of Noble Empires and Kings.

Sailed with a few who would always let you know they had mapped the heavens while Europe was full of Visgoth, Huns, Franks and Celts. Quite different from now I would say or not?

When will people ever learn ? They can kiss their butts goodbye .

So much drugs are coming into the country , dont people realise we have enough here already . :)

"Coals to Newcastle"??????

Call an Iranian an Arab and watch him react.

Iranians are Persian stock, they look down on Arabs as desert nomads and livestock farmers, while they are the produce of Noble Empires and Kings.

Sailed with a few who would always let you know they had mapped the heavens while Europe was full of Visgoth, Huns, Franks and Celts. Quite different from now I would say or not?

Yes you are quite correct

There are a lot more Persians in Bangkok in the last couple of years too :)

Thats pretty much the end of both there lives! My Guess is the tin foil is to evade Xray detection :D

Actually the tin foil was brought just for this situation, however looks like they didn't have time...they should have immediately made tin foil hats and contacted Allah for extraction :)

Actually the tinfoil was to be used for the 'cold Turkey '- a cover up if you ask me !! :D