Best Deal From A Thai Bank A/c

looking to search for the best deal on investing the 1 million B to cover the retiremnt visa,i've seen ayudhaya banks got a deal over 15 months at 2.75% p.a pro rata,fixed for the period. anyone know of any better deals than that ??

looking to search for the best deal on investing the 1 million B to cover the retiremnt visa,i've seen ayudhaya banks got a deal over 15 months at 2.75% p.a pro rata,fixed for the period. anyone know of any better deals than that ??

You need to go in each bank and ask what they are paying as they can sometimes pay more than they are advertising.

Edited by alfieconn

You need to go in each bank and ask what they are paying as they can sometimes pay more than they are advertising.

Try Siam Commercail Bank I use the one is in Ban Lamung North Pattaya. They offer straight saving and also some special 3-5 year saving packages.

It would be worth you searching for, and reading, the most recent thaivisa theads on fixed-term or term deposit accounts.

Go to the bank of thailand web site and you should be able to find (with a some patience) a page that lists the interest rates offered by all the banks ... sorry I don't have the URL here with me now. Also visit the web sites of the different banks - they all have an 'interest rates' page. It gets more complicated though ...

Banks have different rates for residents and non-residents, and non-residents get less (or nil) interest ... and different banks/branches interpret those terms differently, and some bank staff don't know what their policy is anyway and may tell you that farang can't get fixed-term accounts yada yada yada .... in short double-check what interest rate you will be given before you sign up and don't just go on what you read on a sign on the wall of the bank

havent seen any better for visa purpose. However, since you are farang, they will probably deduct your tax from earned interest

Edited by katabeachbum