Svenson Hair Center Review

Thai_Help

Has anyone had any treatment done by Svenson Hair Center at all?

They have around 22 shops in Thailand and claim to have operated for 27 years. Are they really what they claim to be?

I wanted to get some treatment, but want to charge 72,000 baht for 60 courses over a 4-6 month period. It's seems fairly expensive.

I asked for a complimentary trial after the lady invited me in, and I was taken to the room when they offered me a test and scanned my hair and showed me the dry skin and thin hair on the top on the computer monitor, after that I was taken to have the treatment room with some product solution to put in my hair and steam on my head and massage on the scalp, then after this I was taken back to the room and showed me my scalp on the computer screen again and the dry skin areas had dissapeared, this does not mean it will work though right? I was then pitched a price and was not overly sold on the spot which kind of made me trust them.

But I am still skeptical, and have read somewhere on another forum not good things? But that was with office's elesewhere in Asia.

Would like to know if anyone in Thailand has used them and what they experienced?

Edited by Thai_Help

• 2 months later...

I too have been looking at Svenson.

I went there today and they did the same procedure you describe. They showed me small hair growth amongst larger hairs, thus if the treatment works the hair should thicken.

I was priced 64,000 and after questioning if the treatments could be less and price reduced we got to about 50,000.

Basically, I think the options are Svenson (or similar hair loss clinics), Propecia (it only helps when you are taking it), or surgery.

I guess it depends on the stage your hair is at. I think I will give Svenson a go, they do have clinics internationally, so I think there must be some truth in what they do.

Do you think you will use them?

• 2 weeks later...

Had treatment here about 3 years ago:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consu...RS.ASP?DrID=502

Link directly to clinic............. http://www.hairtransinter.com/

Absolutely fantastic and a great friendly guy, gave me his personal mobile number if I had any concerns in the days following. Only needed one treatment, nearly a full day involved. Even went back to him a year later to let him see the result for which he was really appreciative.

About one quarter of the cost of the same procedure in Australia.

Highly recommended.

Edited by fishhooks

Had treatment here about 3 years ago:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consu...RS.ASP?DrID=502

Link directly to clinic............. http://www.hairtransinter.com/

Absolutely fantastic and a great friendly guy, gave me his personal mobile number if I had any concerns in the days following. Only needed one treatment, nearly a full day involved. Even went back to him a year later to let him see the result for which he was really appreciative.

About one quarter of the cost of the same procedure in Australia.

Highly recommended.

Now if you'd just tell us what the procedure was, exactly.

"...the lady... scanned my hair and showed me the dry skin and thin hair on the top...after that...some product solution [was] put in my hair and... the dry skin areas had dissapeared..."

That's amazing: they put oil on you scalp and the dry areas disappeared!

I think if you "Google" the companies referred to by the other poster's and myself, it would become fairly obvious!

Are you bored or just trying to waste space?

No, it wouldn't become obvious 'cause they offer a variety of "procedures."

And yes, I'm very bored with the countless posters here who give such incomplete information--not to mention the vague locations of any particular place. Must be the Thai influence.

Edited by JSixpack

Would it not be obvious to anyone reading a topic such as this, particularly with the posts so-far that the topic concerns hair replacement, and with the links I posted become even more obvious.

This is a subject which some may pass off as insignificant, but in the case of some members, for whatever the reason may be, may be as significant as any other topic in this health thread.

Why, J Sixpack, don't you just come out and ridicule those of us (and of course some women) who may be interested in this and some who for whatever reason it may make a difference to their lives.

By mentioning "Countless Posters" seems you are on the look at all times to jump in and have a go at someone.

This has become one of those instances where the posts may just go around and around with meaningless insults and I will not answer to anything other than direct reference to the topic.

My apologies to other readers and Mod's for taking up this space. I was merely just trying to give the other members a choice of some alternative to have a quick look at in this world where often a few quotes and examples "may" help out.

Edited by fishhooks

I would like to hear more about your hair surgery Fishhooks. I don't think I would ever shell out 60K baht to restore my hairline but curious how much it costs for how much. I would like to reclaim maybe 12 square centimeters. Any idea how expensive that would be?

Can you tell us more about how your hair replacement surgery worked. Does it hurt? how does it look? any side effects or complications? How much area did you have worked on? Was there anything that dissapointed you?

Sure we can read a websites sales pitch but would be invaluable to hear from an impartial customer.

This is just a forum to share information. lighten up a little and help us out. Does your ISP charge by the keystroke or something?

C...S...N

I honestly cannot remember the precise details of cost as it is now a few years in the past and remember that it is entirely dependent on the scope of the work required.

I do remember that the same surgery in Australia would have been three to four times more.

In my case it involved almost one day which normally would be spread over two sessions, but I chose one session.

Absolutely no pain and the most professional and caring staff I have ever encountered in the medical profession.

As is the guy himself, really one of the nicest persons I have met and the details of his qualifications and experience on his site are not enhanced in any way.

Of course a bit of a strange look and feeling in the days after, but still no pain.

I've got before and after photographs and will try to post, but will require a bit of identity doctoring, pardon the pun.

I'm over sixty and the front middle was almost bare, at the time with careful combing was not entirely noticeable, but by now 'would' be completely gone. thus nobody has since been able to pick that anything has been done. Family and friends that do know the history can still not believe how good these procedures (sorry, I'm supposed to spell it out...Hair Replacement) are these days.

No disappointment whatsoever, it would be obvious to many just how bad some of this type of thing looked in the past, even with actors on the screen, but done correctly now the difference is amazing.

BTW........I understand your final comments apart from the last sentence, but assure you that I'm a very calm person, do not need to lighten up, but my one and only disappointment with T.V. is the very obvious intention of some who don't want to add anything ACTUAL to the topic, but p..k the s..t out of something which does not tally with them.

Of course with subject matter such as this topic, you will always get someone who thinks..........What's anyone worrying about this type of thing? Not saying this is the case here,................... but disturbingly obvious often.

Edited by fishhooks

Why, J Sixpack, don't you just come out and ridicule those of us (and of course some women) who may be interested in this and some who for whatever reason it may make a difference to their lives.

I asked for the details of what you had done precisely because I am interested, nor was I ridiculing anyone. Another poster also asked and noted that you need to lighten up. "Hair replacement" is too general; that organization doesn't just replace hair, so your original post was much too vague to be of much benefit, other than to give the feeling that whatever they do, they do it pretty well. And if you got hair replacement, then we'd like to know the technique used, as techniques are not all the same.

I think what is being lost here is the original theme or flavor of the topic and the first couple of posts.

A company was mentioned and it was quite obvious that information was being sought about about Hair Replacement.

Having had this procedure in early 2007, I merely supplied a link to a company other than the original one mentioned, for the first two members to take a look whereby they "may" find some further information about the subject.

As Cobra SN correctly points out....................................."This is just a forum to share information"

Even though I had this treatment, it was nearly three years ago, I'm in my mid sixties, and cannot remember precise details of what the procedure was called, thus gave a brief comparison of the costs in Thailand compared to my own country.

There may be and quite possibly is different parameters and costs now. Thus let the buyer beware, I cannot now after the time elapsed give details complete enough to make a profound statement of what should be at present.

Why should I not take umbrage when the next post I see is a curt response and not from either of the original members.

No, I don't need to lighten up here at all. It is my choice entirely to provide information in the outset as I please regarding subject matter to do with my private life.

I repeat, I provided info for the members concerned to further their query.

Even though I've not been around here a long time, I participate reasonably regularly and have a fair idea of how this system works.

The responses I have had here lead me to believe that even when one tries to give a brief answer to try and help with a query, there's always someone waiting around the corner to decide for you that your input is not good enough.

Not your call guys! If it's vague in your eyes, move on.

Some here may need to lighten up. It was me that felt that I had six gun at my head in this instance.

Edited by fishhooks

Flamefest officially OVER. Any further offenses will get an official warning. :):D:D

Must say that I was not aware that there had been any worthwhile advances in hair replacement technology. It's not something I follow closely, I just figure that if money could buy an aesthetically good treatment for male patern baldness, Donald Trump wouldn't look like he does!!

Maybe OP should send this info to the Donald.....