I Wish We Could Do That Here!

PaulUSA302

There are some GREAT things that I enjoy in Thailand and wish we could do the same thing back here in my own country.

Motorbike Taxi - I wish we could do that here in my state. It would be great to negotiate a price to be driven by motorbike from one spot to another.

Food Cart - Here in the USA they are regulated to much and the cost to get a permit to sell prepared food to the public is daunting and burdensome.

Baht-bus - They are great! There are places I could think of to use that concept here.

Foot Massage - I could walk from one end of the state to the other and not find one place that gives an honest to goodness foot massage.

Indoor BBQ with hot-pot - No one does that in my state. I did have it once when I was in PA but they stopped it.

Thai-Tea - They don't sell that in the 7-11's here in the USA but a Thai friend told me an easy trick to making it myself. (I promised to keep the secret so don't ask).

Having food prepared next to you on the beach - I almost forgot about that. I LOVED having my food prepared next to me on the beach.. Fixed to order and getting such service that I bragged about it to my friends back home who just could not imagine how pampered we are while in Thailand.

Back in the USA they would never let that red-hot coal bucket they cook on to be used so close to the patrons. :)

On my first visit to Thailand 10 Years ago, we visited Nong Nooch tropical garden.

On viewing the Chimps, this fully grown Chimp wanted us to take him for a walk to the nearest Ice Cream shop, he grabbed our hands and off we went.... he chose his own Ice Lolly (a red one) and then we walked him back.

Now, I can never do that back at home, cannot even get near them back in the UK.

Tell you what I`ll do;

You come over to Chiang Mai and I will take you out around the town with me. Promise no one is going to attack you.

I`m on Thai money and you are a rich tourist, so the evening is your treat, OK.

Edited by sassienie

I almost forgot about the interaction there.

hel_l. in Thailand I can hang out with Boxers after a match. Fat chance of doing that here in the USA!

And the Phones! I LOVE being able to go to Thailand, spend a few buck for a sim card and a couple more for phone time! AWESOME!

Here I have Sprint and that blasted thing costs me $100 USD a month!

And the Phones! I LOVE being able to go to Thailand, spend a few buck for a sim card and a couple more for phone time! AWESOME!

U.S phone companies are nothing more than criminals in my opinion. From Thailand I can call the U.S for pennies. From the U.S it costs a fortune using the same cables and satellites.

What can't I do back home (the U.S.)? Walk across the street anywhere I choose without someone honking their horn at me or the police giving me a jaywalking ticket.

There are some GREAT things that I enjoy in Thailand and wish we could do the same thing back here in my own country.

Motorbike Taxi - I wish we could do that here in my state. It would be great to negotiate a price to be driven by motorbike from one spot to another.

Food Cart - Here in the USA they are regulated to much and the cost to get a permit to sell prepared food to the public is daunting and burdensome.

Baht-bus - They are great! There are places I could think of to use that concept here.

Foot Massage - I could walk from one end of the state to the other and not find one place that gives an honest to goodness foot massage.

Indoor BBQ with hot-pot - No one does that in my state. I did have it once when I was in PA but they stopped it.

Thai-Tea - They don't sell that in the 7-11's here in the USA but a Thai friend told me an easy trick to making it myself. (I promised to keep the secret so don't ask).

Buy anything at pharmacies

Drive inbetween cars and a high rate of speed

buy a bottle of liquer for 25 bht

paulusa302

Why dont you get your butt over to here in london we have a great carnival this weekend its called the nottin hill carnival,

me thinks you might ENJOY,beer,women,LOUD music,plenty of people,bbq food on the street,party,yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

maybe the odd rub and tug :D:):D

paulusa302

Why dont you get your butt over to here in london we have a great carnival this weekend its called the nottin hill carnival,

me thinks you might ENJOY,beer,women,LOUD music,plenty of people,bbq food on the street,party,yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

maybe the odd rub and tug :D:):D

You didn't figure out that I am a CHEAP SKATE... :D

Oh.... being snuck into "Closed" bars in the wee hours of the morning. :D

U.S phone companies are nothing more than criminals in my opinion. From Thailand I can call the U.S for pennies. From the U.S it costs a fortune using the same cables and satellites.

What can't I do back home (the U.S.)? Walk across the street anywhere I choose without someone honking their horn at me or the police giving me a jaywalking ticket.

Go for a drive and not have cops tail you for mile upon mile waiting for you to make a mistake?

Thai women! Not the Americanized version either.

ect ect ect.

Lots of Asian foodcarts on campus in Austin, typically owned by families that already have restaurants there. Doing some modestly impressive bank as well $1 fried rice or 2 egg rolls etc. @ a cost of about a third of that.

:)

Simply pay some thugs to kill the people who oppose me when I want to build something, encroach on some land etc. None of that tedious B/S like planning permission, public meetings etc. Just lynch the head of the parish council. :)

Dance like me dad at a disco and still have female company...

Stand up at the beginning of a cinema movie for God Save the Queen

Go to a 7 - 11 and buy a hotdog loaded with salad at 3 am

Smile!

Back on the beach again... I just remembered... Getting a massage on the beach! AWESOME! And getting a manicure/pedicure in my beach chair! :)

Not sure why, but even if everything you can do here was possible and legal in States, still won’t be as much fun as it is over here :D