Best Location/complex To Buy A Condo In Central Pattaya

No you are doing a good job of asserting your point. But as I said 80% of the units are still for sale from the developer. Aprrox 35% available to ferangs and 45% to Thais. Of the remaining 20%, 10% are for resale and 10% would sell if asked!

This is my last post in this thread.

I really don't know what your problem is, after all you supposedly live in the building or have 2 units in it anyway. All you have to do is ask the sales office if you can buy a unit in your OWN name and they will tell you NO.

You're just posting miss-information made up in your own mind. No matter what I post you are just going to continue with your insane BS.

If anybody wants to buy a unit in the building you will always be better off buying a condo from the developer. Please go into the sales office and see if you can buy one in your OWN name and then post the results here.

2) Soi 15 behind The Avenue -- specifically The Avenue or The Urban or City Garden (not The Pride)

HI Transit

The Pride always seemed to me to be oen of the most desirable of the complexes behind the Avenue Shopping Centre...

Just curious what made you rule it out of your search?

Well, we rent a studio about 6 km from the old don Mueang airport. A Thai project, with a lovely gym and pool. Paying 6,000 per month for a 36 m studio on the 3rd of 7 floors. The place cost about 800,000 to buy and the landlady won't break even, with a monthly condo fee of about 800 Baht. www.pgp.co.th

Rents have fallen over here, also for shops. Furthermore, IMHO the Baht is way too high. What are you guesstimating?

Not sure how long you would be in Pattaya, using the condo. But count on having it vacant most of the time. Open your eyes, look around - you think the local businesses are going well?

I would just rent a condo for 90 days or whatever. No strings, you can rent another place at another location next time!

Good luck!

Chris

post-74315-1252285814_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

On a note regarding the developers of Apus Condo, they also own Home and Pool who basically build 70-80% of the Pools in Pattaya, and do in fact construct a lot of the pools for new Condominiums being built. The other partners family own Baan Ampur Trading (Homemart). This project will be completed on time, its actually ahead of schedule.

On a note regarding the developers of Apus Condo, they also own Home and Pool who basically build 70-80% of the Pools in Pattaya, and do in fact construct a lot of the pools for new Condominiums being built. The other partners family own Baan Ampur Trading (Homemart). This project will be completed on time, its actually ahead of schedule.

Correct :)

Im looking for a condo at the moment to rent, from the UK, some of the agents are just trying to rip newbies off, ridiculous rents being asked in a town where there's probably 50% occupancy I will wait till i get to Pattaya and rent direct from an owner. B18,000 for a studio in VT LOL

I know Pattaya very well, too well. i would never buy anything there. Crime is so out of control is not even funny (violent). Traffic is pure anarchy. Quality of life is crap in central Pattaya. Id have a look at Ban Sare if I were you. I hear Rayong has been cleaned up as well.

Then there is the issue of units still being way overpriced, then there is the issue of a huge glut with building going non stop - still. Then there is the issue of smarmy agents.

MArkland is the only condo I would consider - EOS.

to your points:

- better prospects for capital growth > NO GROWTH/VALUE ONLY DOWNSIDE FOR YRS [HUGE GLUT!]

- easier to re-sell in future > JOKING RIGHT? PATTAYA/EASY TO SELL CONDO?

- stronger demand as a rental should i decide to move away from Pattaya? > HERES HOW IT USUALLY GOES.... you buy a condo for way too much. promises made about 'investments' and x% returns. Its all rubbish. There are catalogs full of empty condos. When you need to leave you will no way be able to get the cash you've been lead to believe. Lets say a modest 1.5mln condo divide by 15 years (+ interest for you??) - easy - 100k right. OK, that is roughly 8.5K month. Now go have a look what you can rent for that, pretty decent, esp in jomtien. So why would people want to buy that place you have for 2mln for? plus that bldg will be full of empty condos and competition for you.

DONT

I'm thinking of buying a condo in Pattaya within the next 3-6mths and want to know what people think is the best area around central Pattaya area (mods, please move to Pattaya forum if more appropriate).

My shortlist is:

1) something behind Carrefour in Soi Yumei -- specifically the Apus complex, or

2) Soi 15 behind The Avenue -- specifically The Avenue or The Urban or City Garden (not The Pride)

I am leaning towards Apus but with prices at around 60,000B m2 and still a year away from completion i have hesitations.

The Avenue has similar prices but is closer to completion.

Which areas or complexes do people think i will get:

- better prospects for capital growth

- easier to re-sell in future

- stronger demand as a rental should i decide to move away from Pattaya?

PS: SOi 15 - has absolutely massive amounts of condos (rooms). it will be a total nightmare if even the huge projects are half full (traffic wise). That is a tiny soi - plus, they are building even MORE between soi 15 and soi bukhao. You've been warned. As for Pride, I walked by today (About 5 cars). They are also renting - do you want to live with renters or in condo where the mgt is renting direct? Its just a hotel. All this for silly price of 2.2 milion - to start AND ...it is surrounded by heavy duty power polls. I think they are worth about 1.25

Edited by bangkokburning

Yes, Markland is overpriced. as i stated, ALL units are overpriced. Thought that was my initial point. I went on to state basically IF YOU MUST - that is where I would go. At the end of the day, unlike 98% of condos in Pattaya - it is waterfront and at end of day, that is of value. The rest of the condos are nothing more than fancy prison cells on tight little sois chock-a-block with traffic congestion, snatch and grab crimes and other nastiness such as flooding and streets smelling of garbage.

I am not a property master but I would challange my knowledge of Pattaya against anyone. I walked the streets for years. Becasue of that I am as of this very day headed to BKK to have a look at flats. I'm done with the meth problems, violent crime, thuggery and taking my life in my hands crossing the street.

Everything has its day....Rome, Brittish E India Trading Co, The US Dollar..... Pattaya has a huge set of problems that will never be sorted out.

How about the crxp glorified condos at 3mln! on soi Lenki/Sai Sam > those will stand forever!

Edited by bangkokburning

Yes, Markland is overpriced. as i stated, ALL units are overpriced. Thought that was my initial point. I went on to state basically IF YOU MUST - that is where I would go. At the end of the day, unlike 98% of condos in Pattaya - it is waterfront and at end of day, that is of value. The rest of the condos are nothing more than fancy prison cells on tight little sois chock-a-block with traffic congestion, snatch and grab crimes and other nastiness such as flooding and streets smelling of garbage.

I am not a property master but I would challange my knowledge of Pattaya against anyone. I walked the streets for years. Becasue of that I am as of this very day headed to BKK to have a look at flats. I'm done with the meth problems, violent crime, thuggery and taking my life in my hands crossing the street.

Everything has its day....Rome, Brittish E India Trading Co, The US Dollar..... Pattaya has a huge set of problems that will never be sorted out.

How about the crxp glorified condos at 3mln! on soi Lenki/Sai Sam > those will stand forever!

I had also been thinking of Bangkok instead, please PM if you find any decent links, leads.

A few on here.

http://www.thaiapartment.com/Apt_5K_10K_en.asp

Hey, can't thank you enough for the link. There are tens of sites and they are all such a mashup. I pulled a dozen apts of that site alone.

pm me in 30 days - I will have found something and there are two guys volunteered to help me a bit up/around soi 81.

PS...WOW, that site is so good. No hassle #'s, links that work - I bet the phone number is even current (THANKS)

=============

I had also been thinking of Bangkok instead, please PM if you find any decent links, leads.

A few on here.

http://www.thaiapartment.com/Apt_5K_10K_en.asp

Edited by bangkokburning

• 5 weeks later...
The best location is defiantly not behind Carrefour, in fact that might be the worst location. To meet your criteria of better prospects for capital growth, easier to re-sell in future and stronger demand as a rental should I decide to move away from Pattaya there is one hard and fast rule you MUST follow.

This is to make sure your condo is directly on the Baht bus route. So many of your potential buyers or renters when they first look at your condo to either buy or rent will NOT have there own transportation, even if they eventually obtain it in the future.

Condos in buildings not on the Baht bus route appreciate are far less of a rate than those that are.

In your price range I would strongly recommend View Talay 6. You will not be able to get a one bedroom there for the prices you mentioned, but it will do everything else you need.

If your set on a one bedroom in your price range, then you are going to have a hard time finding one in Pattaya that is in a relatively well kept building in a good location. If I were you if you truly desire a one bedroom then switch to Jomtien. In Chatu Dale, a pretty nice complex you can find nice one bedrooms in the 3.5 range. In VT1, which has been renovated and improved greatly you should be able to find one for under 3.0. And in VT2, there is a good chance you can find one under 4.0 or so.

Good luck!

I know the best place to buy which is a new finished condo. This place is the most popular with investors now. You havent mentioned or seen it in this thread. If you want to see it please call me on 081-7929486. You can visit my Website You are doing the right thing this is the right time to buy although many people think that the prices will go down further. There are clear signs of market improvement so dont be late.

HI Transit

The Pride always seemed to me to be oen of the most desirable of the complexes behind the Avenue Shopping Centre...

Just curious what made you rule it out of your search?

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply i just saw this post.

One of the first things that put me off The Pride was that they had a 1 bedroom (not studio) for sale that measured 22m2! That was my first clue that there was probably some bad design elements in here. I had a look at 3 different condos in here and all of them had views of the carpark or the electricity transformers. It's probably the best location of all the Soi 15 projects but i think they could have designed it better. One condo i looked at had a support pillar in the bedroom about a third of the way in from the wall making it impossible to put a queen size bed in.

why do threads like this always turn into fights...!

I like the look of APus and it's a great location, right next to carrefour (apus and their location are on http://www.rethai.com), i also like the look of that new development behind the avenue, not sure of the name but its close to 2nd road and soi buhakao which is a great location. only downside is that the avenue doesnt look to be surviving too well (retail business wise) so convenience of shopping there might not last.

along that same back road behind the avenue there's a bunch of other new developments, not sure on the prices but IMO a good location, off the 2 main roads so less noise but walking distance to both. and even if the avenue does die off, your only a short drive away from the main shopping centers on 2nd road.

I like the look of APus and it's a great location, right next to carrefour (apus and their location are on http://www.rethai.com), i also like the look of that new development behind the avenue, not sure of the name but its close to 2nd road and soi buhakao which is a great location. only downside is that the avenue doesnt look to be surviving too well (retail business wise) so convenience of shopping there might not last.

along that same back road behind the avenue there's a bunch of other new developments, not sure on the prices but IMO a good location, off the 2 main roads so less noise but walking distance to both. and even if the avenue does die off, your only a short drive away from the main shopping centers on 2nd road.

Hi Rethai, I went to your site. Looks brand new. Do you have experience in Pattaya real estate? You don't have any profile or about us section in there. Don't you think it's better to know who is operating this portal?

By something close to where you spend most of your time.....If you drink in Jomtien, then buy over there, but if you spend most of your nights in Walking Street then get something on the Baht Bus trail leading to that end of town.

I was looking at many different places in Jomtien and down the Soi's off Pratumak Hill; but ended up getting a place 5 minutes walk from Waking Street. OK the building may be old but for me, the location is couldn't be better and am so glad I never bought a new place where I have to take a taxi to and from town.

Cheers

Apus is one of the most popular condos in the city. They are selling well as I know. Central location with easy access to everything is probably the reason. The price and quality is good too. Majority of tourists who are looking for a holiday home to spend their holidays this location works. Some others prefer more residential areas like Jomtien, Pratumnak and Wongamat beach.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I hope you haven't bought just yet!!

Forget View Talay 6. I stayed their for a month and it was VERY noisy. I was high up on the 17th floor facing the Mall but the air con extractor fans on the outside of the Mall make living in View Talay like being at the airport!

There were so many suicidal owners that the Mall installed 'snorkels' to the extractors which helped a bit but not much. I stayed there prior to the Hilton construction but even now that's finished several people who stay there (both sides) say that they do not like it at all and I get the impression it is a bit of a ghost town.

I also lived in Pratumnak for a year (until last year) and enjoyed the who 'feel' of the area, but I do agree that I felt a bit away from it all and had to walk quite a way to the Baht Bus when I didn't want to take the bike out. DO NOT buy/live anywhere near Pratumnak Beach as the Thais party their most nights/weekends and it can be alarmingly noisy!! Away from the beach is quite nice but like I have said, a bit away from everything which was great for a while but became an inconvenience.

i now live in TW Condo by Carefour. It is a great condo with good security and nice occupants. It couldn't be more convenient for shopping and/or only a short ride to the main bus depot. But BE WARNED, its central location is noisy and the Thai bars on 3rd road don't help. I would not advise central Pattaya and I will be moving when I can.

Away from the beach in Pratumnak, Jomtien which someone else has already mentioned OR (if you are attracted to the 'village' type vibe) Nakula has some lovely little places tucked away. I would recommend you have a wander around there sometime. Its only 10 minutes on a baht bus but feels like another place altogether? Tesco Pattaya (North) is close by too?

Good luck. Oh, and why buy with the exchange rate as it is? You can rent forever and a day and keep your capital...

Edited by boyettcamp

FURTHER ABOUT TW CONDO....

As I have said, I live in TW Condo. 16th floor corner. REALLY noisy due to the 3rd bars. OK I have sooper dooper lightning fast broadband, but I still cant get to sleep at night!!

Thankfully I rent so will move soon. Do your homework. I needed the central location (I thought) but will probably return to Pratumnak but back from the beach which is also noisy at night or up to Nakula....

Great people in TW, can't fault security or cleanliness but it suffers from noise as the courtyard design out front echo's every passing bike, car and even chatter - and I'm 16 floors up!

Don't wish to be too negative - but I wouldn't recommend it [TW] and several places here have been for sale for quite some time....

Edited by boyettcamp