Uk Proof Of Income Letter

Is this wanted for an extension of stay? If so, the embassy will provide you with a standard wording letter. The income figure will be expressed in sterling. The calculation to thai baht will take place at immigration on the appropriate day (but always a good idea to bring latest rates with you).

It depends in which currency your income is and if it is paid monthly or yearly.

My letter stated the monthly amount in baht saying more than xxx.xxx baht per month

It also state something to the effect that there are no negative information in the consular files about you......

I,ve just realised that the source of peoples income

is going to be very different

This means that one persons income may be directly in baht

from employment in Thailand also someone may have their

UK pension paid directly into a Thai bank

It would make sense that their letter would therefore be in baht

whereas someone whose pension/income is paid into a UK bank

the letter would more than likely be in sterling as the reference

would be from bank statements

Maybe this is the reason for the different replies !!!

EXACT wording on my letter dated 27 March 2009

British Embassy Bangkok

Consular Section

to: Commissioner, Immigration Bureau

Dear Sir

Mr XXX XXX XXXXXXXX

This is to certify that Mr XXX XXX XXXXXXXX, holder of British Passport no 123456789 issued by the UKPA on XXth XXXXX 200X, is recognised as a British Citizen.

Mr XXXXXXXX has indicated he resides at 123, Soi 00, Moo 0, XXXXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXX, Thailand and there is no information in our Consular records to the detriment of the applicant.

Mr XXXXXXXX has provided evidence showing he receives monthly incomes totalling GBP 0000,00.

The Embassy would be grateful for any assistance you can provide to Mr XXXXXXXX in his application for an extension to stay in the Kingdom.

Yours faithfully

AAAA BBBBBBBBBB

Pro-Consul

I supplied evidence in the form of my three most recent Isle of Man bank statements prior to application.

At my Immigration Office, Kanchanaburi, no bank book or bank letter was asked for.

This Embassy letter alone was sufficient for the officer to grant me an extension of stay.