Thai Lady Bosses

sunholidaysun1

My FIL (thai) had the entire family convinced he was hopeless for doing small repair jobs, planting of any crop (crooked row, too deep, to shallow, etc) We used to get quite a chuckle as we watched the work going on while drinking our cool one or 4. I watched him repair, carburetor on his motorbike, water pumps, etc with no one around. The woman do seem to have quite a disdain for the male specie having any real worth, but will hire a male to do what they have determined we are not capable of. Mention of, support the local economy, loss of face if husband does manual labor, probably have some influence on them but I propose that a goodly percentage just want to be seen as being the dominate one in the family. Wives/girl friends seem to progress each year of a relationship in the same way as their schooling. Each year a little better learned, better at achieving goals, know what they can get by with and still maintain their status, better at working the system, etc. Many eventually get to the point they attempt to modify the male/system to better suit their current flavor of the month. It would be a very boring place without them and they seem to have picked up on that thought quite nicely, so lay back and enjoy.

Great post, Slapout.

Very true.

She owns the roost so I guess in the end, she rules. Helll, she is on all my bank accounts and owns all our Thailand possessions. Been married 10 years and no power trips so far. Fast forward 10 yrs and hopefully more of the same. If not, I will always have TV to bash wicked conspiring Thai girls .

My girlfriend is in charge although my bank account is my own. She pushes me to do things a lot such as learn Thai more and go to University and at first I protest, we argue, etc. but then I realise that in the end she is right. I have just become lazier. I also get treated as if I don't know anything or hardly ever listened to.

Ian