Thai 3 Round Pin Plug

lopburi3

The other issue is size - h u g e. Great for 1950's high amperage/low number of items - not so good for 2009 when the number of items far exceeds the need for high current conductors.

Nothing wrong with the size of UK-style plug and they're actually not that much bulkier than the Thai type with earth - I have both in mind hand as comparison - plus they're fused and have practically zero chance of wobble or arcing. Having a plug that's man enough on a mechanical level even for low-current devices can also only be a benefit. UK Extension leads can carry four sockets and that's all you should be having into one outlet in any case.

Conclusion - If you had these plugs and sockets installed throuhgout the world there'd be a dramatic reduction in house fires :)

• 13 years later...
On 9/7/2009 at 7:38 AM, lopburi3 said:

I have not seen any US plug not rated at least 250v. And those with ground plug seem to be large enough to keep fingers away from prongs. That they are not as safe as recessed sockets is valid but nobody in Thailand uses such sockets so not really an option for most.

And use a RCD/GFI/Safe-T-Cut on circuits to cut power in case of a finger (or other) alternate path to ground.

'...but nobody in Thailand uses such sockets' ...I do. ???? Output from my genset. 

While doing my 6 monthly ++ oil change I decided to connect the earth to the neutral leg.

Bangged in an earth stake long time ago and connected it to the genset schassis, but it was not connected to the power output earth pin. 

Original problem was intermittant tripping of my whole house 3 phase Safety Cut.

The Safety Cut with the earth leakage electronics removed doesn't trip on genset start.

Anyway I need to buy 2 more plugs as these ones are broken. 

Looking around and found this 2009 thread.

20230223_131642.jpg

IMG_20230223_125611.jpg

IMG_20230223_125644.jpg