Scb Bank

in 15 years in Thailand, I have found SCB to be the most reliable and farang friendly bank.

I have no idea what has happened lately, but their SCB 'Easy' website is non-functional, the call centre is useless and the head office does not answer calls.

Please people, any other recommendations cos this is driving me mad and I need to pay people, make transactions etc.

Their online banking website has been done for 3 or 4 days (pretty annoying). Back home it would be an outrage...imagine Bank of America or HSBC's website going down for 4 days... here it seems pretty normally.

It seems like they invest more money in the little Flash monkey animations than the functionality of the site.

Edited by dave111223

in 15 years in Thailand, I have found SCB to be the most reliable and farang friendly bank.

I have no idea what has happened lately, but their SCB 'Easy' website is non-functional, the call centre is useless and the head office does not answer calls.

Please people, any other recommendations cos this is driving me mad and I need to pay people, make transactions etc.

I would not totally agree, but at least they have been the best (which does not mean so much) for me until 2 days ago.

Their new release of their website - SCBEasy - is worse than the previous.... More exactly the english version :) No trouble on thai side!!

Hope they understand quickly!

Their online banking website has been done for 3 or 4 days (pretty annoying). Back home it would be an outrage...imagine Bank of America or HSBC's website going down for 4 days... here it seems pretty normally.

It seems like they invest more money in the little Flash monkey animations than the functionality of the site.

I just checked, and it seems to be up again now. At least I had no problems logging on to their internet banking.

Sophon

Yes, it is back online, and hopefully it will continue. Calling their helpline was pathetic. Just some apologetic drone basically being as unhelpful as possible.

I also agree, UOB is the worst back I have ever had to deal with!!! Their office near Emporium is particularly idiotic.

No real problems with neither :)

Use SCB since 2004 and UOB since 1992 (former Bank of Asia).

Sometimes some problems with the logic in their problem solving but...hey this is where I live.To-morrow is another day :D

Edited by dutch